Red Bud National Weekend

DC817

PR Addict
Leaning towards taking my family to Red Bud for the weekend. Most likely heading up Wednesday, practicing Thursday, racing Friday then watching the national Saturday. I’ve never been to Red Bud and just wondering which lot is best for camping with a family. I know we want to avoid lot B, but is there anything else to consider before I buy the camping pass? Appreciate any input!

Attachments

• 4A846204-0958-4949-9499-AA9834DE42C7.png
    4A846204-0958-4949-9499-AA9834DE42C7.png
    454.6 KB · Views: 75

Vet261

PR Addict
I would recommend A1/A2/A3 from my experience. They have clamped down on "Lot B" and search vehicles as they go in, and require special wristbands. In my opinion that has caused much of the partying to now occur in the A4 lots.

At least that was my experience being camped there in A4 West last year 2021 and 2019 before Covid -- we actually told ourselves we would reserve A2 if going this year since we are old LOL.

As far as racing you might also want to consider racing Sunday as that is the day the amateurs run the entire PRO track. That is the only time of the year we get to ride the expanded course.

DelBalso28

PR Addict
A1 is generally ideal. I’d suggest no matter which lot, park further away from the night track as best as you can. That program runs pretty late and is where a lot of the commotion is aside from B lot which wasn’t all that crazy last year.

DC817

PR Addict
Exactly the input I was looking for. Thanks! Just bit the bullet and went with Lot A1. Might have to stick around an extra day and race Sunday too. Looking forward to it and my kid is going to be pumped!

Toddco327

PR Addict
I’ve stayed in B lot. Maybe A lot. Not really sure. It’s all so fuzzy. But it was a great time.

Be ready to hear “RRREEEDDDD BBBBBUUUDDDD” 1000000 times that weekend.

hershey

PR Elite
Lot A1 was party central last year, first time we've experienced that in the last 6 we have went. Like pit said, it's because they are searching lot B people now. Nowhere is safe any more but A1 is still your best choice.

Ride Sunday too, fun times!

hershey

PR Elite
I am the only one around that just thinks red bud is way over rated.
Yes

Regardless of the racing surface (that old sissies can't handle), they run the best program I've been to. The least amount of stress at the track makes for a more enjoyable racing weekend.

And it is the best racing surface/prep IMO. It just works for the beat racing, passing and fun around!

Vet261

PR Addict
I am the only one around that just thinks red bud is way over rated.

Hahaha, no I'm onboard with you a bit, but it might just be because I've raced/ridden there a very large amount going back to the early 90's and remember how different it used to be.

My only real issue with RB now is they just don't change the track anymore. There was a span of about 10 years like 2005 - 2015 or so that they changed the layout quite a bit and we never knew what changes were in store for us.
I remember some really fun layouts there, like the one time we showed up for Vet Fest and were greeted with the huge elevator step up in the lower section. Another year we went across the hills behind the bottom table and it was rolling black dirt that got massively rough.
And yes John I remember when it was dirt and not sand, I raced/rode it many times like that. It was fun.

Now they have just sort of settled into the current layout of the last 6-7 years and it's always the same. The only change has been moving Larocco's Leap over a lane, but they did it in a way that you couldn't even tell it changed.

freeh

PR Founding Father
Hahaha, no I'm onboard with you a bit, but it might just be because I've raced/ridden there a very large amount going back to the early 90's and remember how different it used to be.

My only real issue with RB now is they just don't change the track anymore. There was a span of about 10 years like 2005 - 2015 or so that they changed the layout quite a bit and we never knew what changes were in store for us.
I remember some really fun layouts there, like the one time we showed up for Vet Fest and were greeted with the huge elevator step up in the lower section. Another year we went across the hills behind the bottom table and it was rolling black dirt that got massively rough.
And yes John I remember when it was dirt and not sand, I raced/rode it many times like that. It was fun.

Now they have just sort of settled into the current layout of the last 6-7 years and it's always the same. The only change has been moving Larocco's Leap over a lane, but they did it in a way that you couldn't even tell it changed.
I raced vet fest in 2005 and 2015. Loved it in 2005. Did not love it in 2015. I plan to go back though.
I saw on FB that they are making some changes now. Looked like a massive step up jump being built somewhere.

Jack Bierbower

PR Addict
Red Bud national weekend is the most fun I have ever had racing my dirt bike. Starting Thursday all the way to Sunday it’s all motocross all day long. I stayed in A3 in 2019 - my cooler got stolen but other than that. Normal national weekend shenanigans.

MarctheSharc

PR Founding Father
Are we talking about the party or the actual race track ??
Never been to the National so I can't comment.

Race track ?
Over the years Red Bud has lost it's personality. It's been neutered to the point of being boring.

Big Air in Newaygo Mi is MUCH more enjoyable.

Big air.jpg

Mcaupp22

PR Addict
Red bud is one of the most fun tracks I’ve rode. Gets super rough but very manageable rough and I personally don’t think the sand is crazy deep or anything. I would love to go but it would break the pocket book with me racing chillitown that following week from Monday to Sunday

hershey

PR Elite
Are we talking about the party or the actual race track ??
Never been to the National so I can't comment.

Race track ?
Over the years Red Bud has lost it's personality. It's been neutered to the point of being boring.

Big Air in Newaygo Mi is MUCH more enjoyable.

..View attachment 76059
Big Air MX is very very fun! That is super sandy, John259 would not make a full lap.

For me, Red Bud is still better. But fun tracks are completely in the eye of the beholder. However, well run programs are fact and Red Bud has that title easy.

John250

PR Founding Father
Big Air MX is very very fun! That is super sandy, John259 would not make a full lap.

For me, Red Bud is still better. But fun tracks are completely in the eye of the beholder. However, well run programs are fact and Red Bud has that title easy.
Never said it was not well run. I just don't think the track is all that, and the whole Red Buuuuuud thing is annoying. I would rather go to Millville for the national than red bud.