Red Bud National Weekend

weaver658

PR Member
Is it really 30 bucks to park in a grass field that literally takes a hour to get out of. Not to sound like a complete cheap ass but damn.

John250

PR Founding Father
Is it really 30 bucks to park in a grass field that literally takes a hour to get out of. Not to sound like a complete cheap ass but damn.
Nothing cheap about it. They have figured out how to squeeze every dime from you. I remember the first year I pulled in and Kenworthys had started charging an additional parking fee because I had my trailer in addition to my truck. It's all ridiculous how much they charge. That's why I tell people all the time. The Daytona SX is a great deal. Free parking. Take you own food and beer in....and the amatuer race really is not that bad compared to other races.

weaver658

PR Member
Nothing cheap about it. They have figured out how to squeeze every dime from you. I remember the first year I pulled in and Kenworthys had started charging an additional parking fee because I had my trailer in addition to my truck. It's all ridiculous how much they charge. That's why I tell people all the time. The Daytona SX is a great deal. Free parking. Take you own food and beer in....and the amatuer race really is not that bad compared to other races.
Can’t byob anymore once inside the gate lol

Vet261

PR Addict
$30 is parking for the entire event Wednesday through Sunday. If you are just going to the National Saturday you just pay the parking fee when you arrive, which is probably 10 bucks.

John250

PR Founding Father
Can’t byob anymore once inside the gate lol
for what event? Where?

Daytona you absolutely can BYOB still. I was at the 500 in February and the SX this year, bring all you want in as long as your cooler is the right dimensions. I think one year during COVID the back pack and cooler policy was different, but it is back to how it has always been again. They even did away with the stupid clear back packs, that was only a rule for one year.

bruceb

PR Addict
If you are just going to the National Saturday you just pay the parking fee when you arrive, which is probably 10 bucks.
Close.

PARKING​

Parking fee is $10/day Thursday and Friday, and $15 for Saturday. No charge for motorcycles daily parking, or as an extra vehicle in a camp site.
Full event parking pass is $30 and includes all event days.
SATURDAY PARKING $15: CASH ONLY AT ALL ENTRANCES.

GeorgiePorgie

PR Founding Father
A4 west. Overall good weeeken. Had a drunky fiddling with my pitbike and walked into my motorhome. Wife said leave or you’re getting shot. He left. Not to take away I think the guy was just hammered and thought he was in his pit.

Wrist band for b lot is stupid. Just forces people to party outside thst lot.

GeorgiePorgie

PR Founding Father
955402A8-F06B-4AFC-8454-F489F3751B1D.jpeg
460CF9C8-82DB-45E2-8821-4CA29EB87DBF.jpeg
52E6ACCC-73FE-4F0D-812D-69D660BD2B95.jpeg
48104DCD-2E27-428A-9C8F-594FC59EFDAE.jpeg
11419AAE-B222-419D-9DCC-B912DF8D2577.jpeg
1F4A2A42-1A31-4BF7-BF41-957EAF5123DC.jpeg
D68087C3-77DD-47B8-9AF2-1D226441EE71.jpeg

GeorgiePorgie

PR Founding Father
Also saw this dude walk-in around the pits…

Amatuer days were fun.
Friday went 11-4 for 7OA in 30bc
Sunday went 2-1 for the OA in 30bc
Also went 3-4 for 4th in the warrior class (free class paid for by redbud. All military riders)

also redbud covered the cost of the transponders with no deposits or holds on credit card. Super slick.

no pitbikes we’re strict wednesday to Saturday. Then they got real relaxed on them Sunday. Which was nice. The courtesy shuttles (6 seater golf carts) ran continuously throughout the weekend. Those were super nice.

Thursday practice got 4 long sessions. I put almost 3 hours total on my bike all weekend between racing and practice.

All in all I’d say it was a 10/10 weekend light rain in one of my motos but rest of weekend was awesome
EC8756FB-B724-4550-B23D-7590864DDA3E.jpeg
BB210CCE-C5EE-4A15-A728-AB0D92897454.jpeg

Last edited:

John250

PR Founding Father
Man did Ken Roczen ever throw the boat anchor out this weekend! July 4th. Time for Kenny to start suffering from fatigue.

Vet261

PR Addict
also redbud covered the cost of the transponders with no deposits or holds on credit card.

You are also the guy that tried telling me Amazon Prime was "free" photo storage.......

RB bumped up all the race fees a few years back when they started offering "free" transponders to everyone. I actually had a talk with them once asking if I got a discounted race fee since I own my own. They looked at me like I was asking them to calculate a lunar landing trajectory.

Mcaupp22

PR Addict
I guess if it works for them and pays it off to use the transponders it’s the only way for people to start all using them and buying there own

GeorgiePorgie

PR Founding Father
You are also the guy that tried telling me Amazon Prime was "free" photo storage.......

RB bumped up all the race fees a few years back when they started offering "free" transponders to everyone. I actually had a talk with them once asking if I got a discounted race fee since I own my own. They looked at me like I was asking them to calculate a lunar landing trajectory.
Well If you’re already paying for prime… 52% of Americans already are.

And if you’re already at redbud trying to race…..$60 a class, $40 for practice on Thursday. I don’t think it was out of control for the weekend. There was some definite value.

Great Fireworks both nights that my toddler just went nuts over. tons of kids running around at the night track. In between watching the mini races Gigi played monkey in the middle and tag with 5-10 other kids. And not one time was a tablet or tv involved.

Jack Bierbower

PR Addict
Well If you’re already paying for prime… 52% of Americans already are.

And if you’re already at redbud trying to race…..$60 a class, $40 for practice on Thursday. I don’t think it was out of control for the weekend. There was some definite value.

Great Fireworks both nights that my toddler just went nuts over. tons of kids running around at the night track. In between watching the mini races Gigi played monkey in the middle and tag with 5-10 other kids. And not one time was a tablet or tv involved.
Value for ride time is great and watching the national etc etc. It’s only second to gncc in my opinion. I love racing amateur weekend I wish the rest of the nationals did them as good as red bud.

weaver658

PR Member
Great racing this weekend. Had a great time. Say what you want about bam, but he took the time to sign a number plate my son got at Detroit sx this year after his podium interview. He didn’t have to do that, but did. No way would Carmichael, Emig, McGrath do that back in the day.

Attachments

• DB8CED5D-E94D-41D9-80E3-D8614378CD40.jpeg
    DB8CED5D-E94D-41D9-80E3-D8614378CD40.jpeg
    253.5 KB · Views: 66
  • 1FEC95ED-D7F7-4A3C-9288-7634553FF137.jpeg
    1FEC95ED-D7F7-4A3C-9288-7634553FF137.jpeg
    239.5 KB · Views: 60

hershey

PR Elite
Great racing this weekend. Had a great time. Say what you want about bam, but he took the time to sign a number plate my son got at Detroit sx this year after his podium interview. He didn’t have to do that, but did. No way would Carmichael, Emig, McGrath do that back in the day.
Idk...I have more than a few signatures from back in the day. Only been a rare occasion that the top guys have snuffed off fans that I've encountered.

Also saw this dude walk-in around the pits…

Amatuer days were fun.
Friday went 11-4 for 7OA in 30bc
Sunday went 2-1 for the OA in 30bc
Also went 3-4 for 4th in the warrior class (free class paid for by redbud. All military riders)

also redbud covered the cost of the transponders with no deposits or holds on credit card. Super slick.

no pitbikes we’re strict wednesday to Saturday. Then they got real relaxed on them Sunday. Which was nice. The courtesy shuttles (6 seater golf carts) ran continuously throughout the weekend. Those were super nice.

Thursday practice got 4 long sessions. I put almost 3 hours total on my bike all weekend between racing and practice.

All in all I’d say it was a 10/10 weekend light rain in one of my motos but rest of weekend was awesome View attachment 76295View attachment 76296
Finally figuring out what some of us have been saying for sometime eh? That's why we compare our value for the money of racing to Red Bud....to JO's dismay lol