ME Vet Regional Championships

We had a great weekend, really enjoyed the challenging track and competition. JO really knows how to put on an event, everything ran smooth and efficient. I thought the amount of track prep throughout the weekend was perfect, was pretty close to what I experienced at the high point regional. This year was my first year racing any regionals and I am already excited for next year. You can't beat the long motos, difficult track, and competition!

Meister

PR Founding Father
Some local boys did punch tickets too!

Kolcun did awesome on his smoker as did Yoker. I haven't seen either one of them ride with the kinda grit they did this weekend.

Pape punching a ticket with some solid Motos too.

Jones with some solid Motos mixed with some bad luck.

Mercer grabbed his ticket even with some busted up bones. I was super impressed when he was out for +40 moto 2 and reeling in Gibson till an unavoidable mechanical came in to play.

Oplinger coming close. Prob close enough to get in as an alternate!

McKinney, Tyler, Delbalso, Caupp all taking hits or struggling with starts that hindered their results.

I pussed out of a support class because I was worried about the possibility of getting all 3 Motos in on Saturday. By noon I wished I would have done the second class..

John250

PR Founding Father
SW Ohio guy Landon Armbruster, son of former A rider Blaine had an awesome weekend. Punched three tickets. 1-1 in College Boy for the win and got top a 3rd and 4th in Open Pro Sport and 250 Pro Sport. Great rising by Landon. He is a great kid and deserves it.

bruceb

PR Addict
Props to Jeff Gibson, winning all 3 motos in 40+ against John Grewe.
s1600_A5FDBC5B_DCEE_4E79_A348_982BD7F4A58F.jpg

Photo courtesy of Rupert X, borrowed from vitalmx.com

GeorgiePorgie

PR Founding Father
In all honesty, I hope broc wins again. Then, they can make much needed refinements to these classes and they won't have the excuse of letting the previous champ defend the title again..
Then they’ll all whine and bitch and those refinements will get reversed.

MX955

PitRacer Pro
At
Props to Jeff Gibson, winning all 3 motos in 40+ against John Grewe.
s1600_A5FDBC5B_DCEE_4E79_A348_982BD7F4A58F.jpg

Photo courtesy of Rupert X, borrowed from vitalmx.com
I heard a rumor that even though Gibson won and qualified he can’t make it to LL this year because of other family obligations

Meister

PR Founding Father
From the Joe’s to the Pro’s –the speed is mind blowing

If you’re truly honest with yourself, this sport is massively humbling.

The differences between us are huge.

The gaps in skill set and capability are staggering.
The difference is certainly excessive.

Ive said it a million times that once you aquire the fast 40 skill set, you're permanently on another level that doesn't just leave, even after time off.

DelBalso28

PR Addict
Gibson is faster than Grewe. Watching both on the track, there is a noticable difference in riding style and speed. Gibson still flies. I would expect Gibson to beat Grewe 10 out of 10 times.
I think Loretta’s would get pretty interesting between them. Grewe is an absolute machine in the sand. Love scouting out his line selections

Vet261

PR Addict
Let's not forget Grewe is about 15 years older than Jeff.

That is not meant to take anything away from either of them, just stating the fact. When you get to that age difference and someone being 55 years old vs. a 40 year old ex-pro (and Jeff honestly has way more pro success) then Jeff should take it to Grewe.

There are always one-offs like Mike Brown, but Brown also was a National Champion so not a "regular" ex-pro.

hershey

PR Elite
Let's not forget Grewe is about 15 years older than Jeff.

That is not meant to take anything away from either of them, just stating the fact. When you get to that age difference and someone being 55 years old vs. a 40 year old ex-pro (and Jeff honestly has way more pro success) then Jeff should take it to Grewe.

There are always one-offs like Mike Brown, but Brown also was a National Champion so not a "regular" ex-pro.
Ah but grewe had a top 10 finish in sx. And Gibbys best finish was around the same mark. But I only saw 3 races entered compared to dozens for Gibby.

Mcaupp22

PR Addict
hey now i did it one moto and cased it way too hard. i did it in practice OK but it was way rougher for motos, first time in a while i regretted the 350 vs 450 lol
I was jumping it in all my motos and i was literally jumping the bumps going up to it then rolling it on real hard on the face

John250

PR Founding Father
I've always like Gibson's riding style. Reminds me of Windham a little. Nothing flashy, he is not moving all over on the bike like some guys, just good positioning and hitting his marks lap after lap nice and smooth looking.

I honestly would love to know how Grewe can take off work and travel and race 24/7. Because that seems to be his life really.