2022 AMA Amateur National Motocross Championship

Again. It’s about a watered down “championship”. There is a growing belief a LL doesn’t matter. It just does not hold the clout it once did.
KTM makes a 150 and a 300. Why don’t they have a class… or four… each?

Again. It’s about a watered down “championship”. There is a growing belief a LL doesn’t matter. It just does not hold the clout it once did.
If they did it like the 50 classes, they'd have 1 each. In that, they have plenty. Any class that is 125cc and up is a class for the 150 AND 300...

Good to see Mitchy getting some respect. On the other side, how Matti Jorgensen is listed as a sleeper is beyond me. He won a 250B limited title last year (and won moto 1 of 450B before being DQ'ed for age) and finished no worse than 2nd in 3 classes at the regional (sweeping 450B)

Last edited:
I watched some Vurb videos. Team managers were even saying this. That most of these kids at 14 and 15 already have deals done and really don't care how they finish at Loretta's. That it does not matter anymore like it used too.

I think with more focus on SX, the whole LL thing is just not as big of a deal.

I bet in the future we see more guys signing SX only deals from the get go.

That it does not matter anymore like it used too.
Maybe not, but you guys seem to be missing the fact that the gates are still full and most of the kids still want and are glad to be there. Even the "older" kids. I am not sure why you geezers are griping about this. Y'all is reminding me of Grumpy Old Men...lol.

Good to see Mitchy getting some respect. On the other side, how Matti Jorgensen is listed as a sleeper is beyond me. He won a 250B limited title last year (and won moto 1 of 450B before being DQ'ed for age) and finished no worse than 2nd in 3 classes at the regional (sweeping 450B)
How would the dude get DQ for his age in a class where age doesn’t matter ?

So why in 2018 did they change the 85 class from 9-11 to 10-12. Always wondered what there reasoning was for this. Now that 12 year old kid can run 10-12, Mini sr 12-14 and super mini one. Kinda takes away from the kids just getting on the 85.

https://gatedrop.com/interview-matti-jorgensen-danish-winner-at-loretta-lynns/#.YulPOHbMJD8

"I raced the 450b limited class as well but only got to race the first moto where I started around 10th and got up to the lead and won the first moto so I was happy with that. Then right before the second moto I got called to the MX Sports office and was told I was disqualified as someone protested me for being to young racing a 450cc – I didn’t know you were supposed to be 16 to race..."

Not sure Alessi is going to have anything for the young kids. I came in about 4 minutes in, Hymas must have went down. Ryder showed then all the way. Landon Armbruster is hanging in there representing the Buckeye Series in Open Pro Sport.

Never have I ever seen someone crash 3 times and 1 being a pretty hard crash and still win. Brown is a straight cheat code jeez he is on another level

Back