New Blue Pig

KTM bolts are junk! They are as bad as Yamaha seat bolt mounts, they are junk. Get them off the bracket on the seat and put them back on the subframe where they belong

Experience has shown me that Yamaha makes a much more durable bike than KTM. There is no way that could I put the hours on a KTM that I have run up on Yamahas. I haven't had a KTM yet that I couldn't break in no time at all. Lol
Agree. Don't screw with Yamaha's too much and they are pretty bullet proof.

Those are only in a few places where it's holding plastic lightly. I like the 8mm bolts with the torx inside. Don't know why people bag on them. Out of all the bike I've owned I feel the KTM and Honda are about equal. KTM is cheapened up just a bit lately. Yamaha has always been a really close second. Suzuki is fair and has the worst fastners by far. I haven't owned any KX's so can't say.
I gotta say one of the cheapest made bikes to me are husky’s. I’ve never seen a bike get so jacked up off any crash. They are just too flexible and bend like no other to me

Agree. Don't screw with Yamaha's too much and they are pretty bullet proof.
Works connection perch, holeshot device(s), hand guards, and maybe a seat cover is all I'll probably do to this one. Gonna try not to bling anything other than necessities lol..

Experience has shown me that Yamaha makes a much more durable bike than KTM. There is no way that could I put the hours on a KTM that I have run up on Yamahas. I haven't had a KTM yet that I couldn't break in no time at all. Lol
My brother husqvarna fc450 begs to differ, 160 hours on stock motor and suspension.

My brother husqvarna fc450 begs to differ, 160 hours on stock motor and suspension.
That's great! I have a real 1974 Husky and a Cagiva 1996 Husky. They break way too easy. Crank bearing out on a stock 525 for me at 25 hours was my worst KTM failure. So many trouble free years on Yamahas since my new 1969 Trailmaster. In more recent years, a YZ 250 and a YZ 125 stock with hundreds of hours each. Most recently, this time around, that YZ 250 is lightly modified, running great and racking up the hours.
IMG_20230119_190621939~2.jpg

My 16 fc450 had 200 hours, never a single issue. My 20.5 Rockstar edition is doing just fine too.
One time he had a Suzuki with a half hour on it and Didnt realize he owned a Suzuki. And he Didn’t know I modified his swing arm with weight reduction by taking a huge gouge out of it either.

I know I didn't put 20.5 hours on my 1994.5 Husaberg 501. That's unless you count all the time I spent kicking the thing to start it.
That bike was a huge thorn in my side for years! It actually made me take some time off from riding because I was so pissed at it. Then, when I sold it, the buyer modified it, managed to break the transmission, then expected a used three owner bike to be covered under warranty. He bugged me enough that I sent the bottom end to Surdykes, the Husaberg importer at the time, and while they had it, KTM bought Husaberg. Surdykes somehow "lost" the bottom end in the process, which imo should have never been sent to them anyway.

The buyer finally got Rod Bush at KTM to give him a bottom end. Years later, the bike was seen on an episode of American Pickers, wisely, the boys didn't try to buy it lol.

The bike was actually a blast to ride when it ran, it's actually the bike that I beat Mike Brown on at muddy creek!*

Back