Proposed changes to the claiming rule

Vet261

PR Addict
Yep those are the rules! Tells me nothing, other than the fact that maybe 1 or more of those rules where overlooked when building deegans motor.
Sorry, I misunderstood and thought you were talking about the Pro Nationals -- those are the AMA PRO Racing rules. They do not apply to Deegan's motor at LL.

These are the AMA Amateur "mod" class rules regarding the engine:

1. Engines (Modified Classes)

a. Motorcycles must use the crankcases of the production motorcycle engine. The use of sleeving, stroking or boring to change displacement classes is allowed.
b. Any crankshaft configuration may be used (180- degree firing, alternate firing, etc.).
c. Naturally aspirated engines only.
d. Removal or alteration of displacement or bore size designations on cylinders or cases is prohibited.
e. The displacement of the motorcycle or minicycle may not exceed the class limit. Piston displacement specifications depend on the type of meet.
f. Piston displacement may be measured using either of the following formulas: (1) V = 3.1416 * b2 h; b is one-half bore, h is measured stroke MOTOCROSS 1.2 22 V = 3.1416 x (one-half bore x one-half bore) x measured stroke x number of cylinders (2) V = B2 * 0.7854 * h; B is bore, h is measured stroke V = bore x bore x 0.7854 x measured stroke x number of cylinders Note: If bore and stroke is in millimeters, divide the end product by 1,000 to convert to cubic centimeters (cc). If bore and stroke is in inches, multiply the end product by 16.387 to convert to cubic centimeters (cc).

2. All combustion engine motorcycles must use petroleum based gasoline as defined by the American Society for Testing and Materials (ASTM), designation: D4814. All gas must be stored in approved containers

The only LL Supplemental rule that applies to "mod" classes is regarding using next year bikes:
1. Next year model machines are not eligible in any class at the AMA Amateur National Motocross Championships.

Has any motor ever been torn down at Loretta's ?
Yes. Just a few years ago about 7 PW50s were protested and torn down at the end of the week. I think 4 of them ended up with DQ.
Ironically, the original protester who protested the entire top 5, was also protested and his bike found illegal!

I think at this point I've about exceeded my energy in reading and quoting rule books. hahaha

For further info, links below:

2022 AMA Amateur rulebook

2022 LL Supplemental Rules:

2022 AMA Pro Racing Rulebook:

Last edited:

Carlisle

PR Member
Sorry, I misunderstood and thought you were talking about the Pro Nationals -- those are the AMA PRO Racing rules. They do not apply to Deegan's motor at LL.

These are the AMA Amateur "mod" class rules regarding the engine:

1. Engines (Modified Classes)

a. Motorcycles must use the crankcases of the production motorcycle engine. The use of sleeving, stroking or boring to change displacement classes is allowed.
b. Any crankshaft configuration may be used (180- degree firing, alternate firing, etc.).
c. Naturally aspirated engines only.
d. Removal or alteration of displacement or bore size designations on cylinders or cases is prohibited.
e. The displacement of the motorcycle or minicycle may not exceed the class limit. Piston displacement specifications depend on the type of meet.
f. Piston displacement may be measured using either of the following formulas: (1) V = 3.1416 * b2 h; b is one-half bore, h is measured stroke MOTOCROSS 1.2 22 V = 3.1416 x (one-half bore x one-half bore) x measured stroke x number of cylinders (2) V = B2 * 0.7854 * h; B is bore, h is measured stroke V = bore x bore x 0.7854 x measured stroke x number of cylinders Note: If bore and stroke is in millimeters, divide the end product by 1,000 to convert to cubic centimeters (cc). If bore and stroke is in inches, multiply the end product by 16.387 to convert to cubic centimeters (cc).

2. All combustion engine motorcycles must use petroleum based gasoline as defined by the American Society for Testing and Materials (ASTM), designation: D4814. All gas must be stored in approved containers

The only LL Supplemental rule that applies to "mod" classes is regarding using next year bikes:
1. Next year model machines are not eligible in any class at the AMA Amateur National Motocross Championships.

Yes. Just a few years ago about 7 PW50s were protested and torn down at the end of the week. I think 4 of them ended up with DQ.
Ironically, the original protester who protested the entire top 5, was also protested and his bike found illegal!

I think at this point I've about exceeded my energy in reading and quoting rule books. hahaha

For further info, links below:

2022 AMA Amateur rulebook

2022 LL Supplemental Rules:

2022 AMA Pro Racing Rulebook:
Don’t even know why you’re posting the rules! Who cares what the rules say if no one is tearing it down! It’s only cheating if you get caught! Lol. I’m over this topic. If you believe everyone is following the rule book then I’ll sell you ocean front property in Arizona. The only ones following the rule book are the ones who can’t afford to cheat!! Yamaha panicked when they found out someone might get into that bike. That’s all I know.

Vet261

PR Addict
Where did I say whether I believe it or don't believe it? None of my replies to you contain any of my opinions.

I'm simply replying to your questions about works bikes in the AMA with the actual rules to give you the info of what is allowed and what isn't.

GeorgiePorgie

PR Founding Father
After getting bullied or whatever the hell happened I wouldn’t of rescinded that claim. Whatever Yamaha had in that bike was evidently worth more in secrets than we will every know why.

I Woulda went right down some dark alley to meet some guy from Honda and offered that bike for sale to them. the secret bark sauce would be for sale to the highest bidder.

just him making a video of him tearing that engine down would rack him a pay day. All the deegan followers would watch it. Everyone in moto woulda watched it. He woulda recouped the 17 grand overnight.

And that’s how the common guy can leverage the big boys in moto. Y’all can’t do that in nascar. Man I love motocross.

call me a YouTube parasite. Let the deegans build a following for years. Millions of views and followed. And then slide right in there. Claim. And start making videos of his s**t. Paid. Parasite for hire. Sucks he rescinded. That was a once In alifetime cash cow opportunity for schoffield in the days of social media and clout.