Grears GP by MERP - Course Preview

MarctheSharc

PR Founding Father
I know people that have ridden/raced for 30 years that never got above C class level in skill. Heck at this point I'm basically a C rider now.

Agree, It's a moving definition - it all depends who shows up.
I've always thought that if you've won something twice, maybe three times...... It's time to move up.

4DAIVI PAI2K5

PR Addict
The mx track wasn't bad, the track on the back side of the hill was a different story.
There isn't a water truck path on the back track. Maybe that will change soon.
It always seems dusty on the main track I think some organics worked into it would really help it out. Maybe Jimmy would share with Dave what he did to get rt62 in such good shape, I remember when Lonnie had rt62 it was dusty a lot of the time.

Last edited:

4DAIVI PAI2K5

PR Addict
Don't take any of it to heart, your doing great. Use it for research only, the key is to understand everyone has a different opinion of what's good or bad. Take it all in, make your own decisions based on them and own it. You can never please everyone. Seems most track owners/ promoters get burned out not knowing how to do that.
Great words.

Jack Bierbower

PR Addict
I will say one thing, I cannot believe that MERP has had 3 events and people are already freaking about C class! Crazy.
EE7195EC-7801-4ED4-A08D-4DB302E76215.jpeg

Mcaupp22

PR Addict
People who win c class locally some don’t want to move up cause they know they would get smoked in b class. Seen it happen. They get tired of riding around dead last in b by themselves when they know they can at least race people in c. And for the big sandbaggers 90 percent of them are kids 20 and under that want to win a amateur nationals or make it to Loretta’s. But the sandbagger problem will never end because the cycle continues as one goes up to b 3 more go to c. C class is not a beginner class anymore. D class is beginner. C class isn’t what it was 10 years ago. Yes it still has goons and beginners in it but it’s just more a class for riders just moving up to big bikes with a good base skill set which sets them up to end up being sandbaggers

Romanyak256

PR Addict
I won’t even lie, i signed up for C class and have been all year for GP racing and gncc. By AMA i am a B rider for mx, and with a different discipline you can drop down a class. Now last year i broke both legs, pelvis and my back, and spent 6 months in a wheelchair. I didn’t touch a dirtbike until may of this year, exactly a year since i got hurt, so i felt C class was appropriate to get me back into shape and the feel of racing again. If you look at results in C class i got 22nd at grears, i was dead last off the start, was up in the top 10 3rd lap, and went down due to a lapped, and got hit by another person while i was already down, had to work my way back up. 25+ i was dead last again off the start and worked my way up to 6th, was a much better moto for me minus the dust on the peewee and turn track in the back. I’m gonna move up to B class for the malvern round, bc i feel i am ready to do so.