The big debut!

weaver658

PR Member
What is likely the most anticipated “pro debut” since James Stewart/ Mike Alessi, Danger boy Deegan is racing at Ironman this weekend. Will be interesting to see. Can he make a top ten?

Mcaupp22

PR Addict
I think he will be in the top 15 for sure. Top 10 also I think he can do it just depends on start and how he rides the top pace and for how long. Even though he’s been training with the big dogs for a while he hasn’t had to do it in a race situation so it should be interesting. If he gets a top 5 it would be really impressive. Shimoda, cooper, both Lawrence brothers, hampshire, and whole bunch more it’ll be a tough one

hershey

PR Elite
I'm putting him 7-8. I think top 5 is possible simply because it's the first pro race excitement for him. There have been plenty of debuts where a rider does that well the first one then settles back a little for a minute.

Mcaupp22

PR Addict
I'm putting him 7-8. I think top 5 is possible simply because it's the first pro race excitement for him. There have been plenty of debuts where a rider does that well the first one then settles back a little for a minute.
Now let’s say he gets a top 5 or top 10. What’s the next move is what I’m curious about?? Skip Loretta’s and minios and get ready for supercross where he already has a head start? Or race another year of amateurs and sx futures ? Then either move up before pro motocross or go to Loretta’s in A and move up? He’s at a tricky spot of what he wants to do with his career. Either start early or not rush into it

663dad

PR Addict
Now let’s say he gets a top 5 or top 10. What’s the next move is what I’m curious about?? Skip Loretta’s and minios and get ready for supercross where he already has a head start? Or race another year of amateurs and sx futures ? Then either move up before pro motocross or go to Loretta’s in A and move up? He’s at a tricky spot of what he wants to do with his career. Either start early or not rush into it
He will do two outdoor pro nationals and return to amateur racing

Scoob

PR Founding Father
I think he'll holeshot, lead the entire race, then last lap drops out so he doesn't point out and can return to amateur racing...

Not really. He'll be in the top 40 somewhere I'd guess...

stumpy823

PR Member
10-15 overall maybe get like a 9th first moto then realize how hard 30+2 is twice in 2 hours and get like 16th second moto

Carlisle

PR Member
What is likely the most anticipated “pro debut” since James Stewart/ Mike Alessi, Danger boy Deegan is racing at Ironman this weekend. Will be interesting to see. Can he make a top ten?
Not sure what the big deal is. Please don’t EVER compare anything about him to James Stewart! His old man has created this image of him. It’s actually really sad. I don’t think he’s that amazing, fast, talented. He’s a good rider who has come up on great equipment. Spoon fed and lived through by his father who couldn’t cut it in the pro ranks. Thanks to social media and his father he has Ben morphed in to something that I don’t think he is. I think Ktm cut ties with him because of his dad, but know one has ever herd that, nor will they! Yamaha jumped on the bandwagon. Has his father made money off all of this? Yes! If he doesn’t win a championship in the next few yrs, which I don’t think he will, then he will be just another bust. It won’t be his fault, but the blame will go on him! He’s just a kid who loves to ride dirtbikes, but with a dad who is a narcissist.

weaver658

PR Member
Not sure what the big deal is. Please don’t EVER compare anything about him to James Stewart! His old man has created this image of him. It’s actually really sad. I don’t think he’s that amazing, fast, talented. He’s a good rider who has come up on great equipment. Spoon fed and lived through by his father who couldn’t cut it in the pro ranks. Thanks to social media and his father he has Ben morphed in to something that I don’t think he is. I think Ktm cut ties with him because of his dad, but know one has ever herd that, nor will they! Yamaha jumped on the bandwagon. Has his father made money off all of this? Yes! If he doesn’t win a championship in the next few yrs, which I don’t think he will, then he will be just another bust. It won’t be his fault, but the blame will go on him! He’s just a kid who loves to ride dirtbikes, but with a dad who is a narcissist.
Never said he had same skills of stew. Just that he has the same anticipation that stew had of turning pro.

Carlisle

PR Member
Never said he had same skills of stew. Just that he has the same anticipation that stew had of turning pro.
If you think so. I don’t think the anticipation is even close. I watched Stewart’s debut to see him win. He had that kind of pure, raw talent speed. “Cheaterboy” isn’t even close to that! If you know moto then you know he isn’t even close to top 5 speed! The only reason there is any anticipation is because of his dad! Pumping all this hype up for nothing! Living through your kids is not ok!

GeorgiePorgie

PR Founding Father
I mean there is some historical precedent on fathers who similarly do the same… Alessi?

I don’t know deegans got a brand they don’t have to win races to make money. Started with a PW 50 video of him jumping behind his house California.

Mcaupp22

PR Addict
We have watched how fast top 5 speed is all year in the 250 class but we haven’t seen him ride against that speed yet. So it’s just a big guess of what’s going to happen. He did set the fastest lap at Loretta’s multiple times and one lap was on the very last lap.