Bike storage prep

I have never cleaned an air filter.
When I purchase a new bike I grab a new Twin Air (pre-oiled) install it and never take it off again. I put on a new pre filter and throw it away after every ride.

What is this cleaning of air filters that you speak of? Never heard of it.

I think it depends on how long you plan to "store" it. It sounds like what you are doing may be fine. Maybe add a tender and some stabil.

His deal was its a race bike. You're only buying this to win races. He said only use a stock filter with wd40 and change it every moto. I cleaned the carb every moto also, if not we always had issues. The best day of racing was the first day off pw's. The 2nd best day of racing was getting off 50's altogether! Lol
And the next best day will be getting on a 125.

What is this cleaning of air filters that you speak of? Never heard of it.

I think it depends on how long you plan to "store" it. It sounds like what you are doing may be fine. Maybe add a tender and some stabil.
I know........it's awesome having a factory Grampa Mechanic down the street. Grandpa likes working on Motorcycles and cleaning filters.

And the next best day will be getting on a 125.
Actually really happy on the 85s. From.here out the speeds get faster and jumps get bigger. Cool and nerve racking at the same time.
I have never cleaned an air filter.
When I purchase a new bike I grab a new Twin Air (pre-oiled) install it and never take it off again. I put on a new pre filter and throw it away after every ride.
Money bags

I know........it's awesome having a factory Grampa Mechanic down the street. Grandpa likes working on Motorcycles and cleaning filters.
I am hoping Spencer does someday...lol
Actually really happy on the 85s. From.here out the speeds get faster and jumps get bigger. Cool and nerve racking at the same time.

Money bags
x2 on both fo' sure. Especially the first one.

I keep about 4-5 filters flowing year around changing every ride or two and just cleaning and putting oil back on and in a plastic bag
We do about 15.

I use no toil, once we've used them up, throw them all in the wash machine, let them dry and oil them all putting each one in a zip lock bag.

Money bags
Pre filters are less than $1 each
When I went to WW or Red Bud I just used a nylon stocking

Just a though back on the air filter goop. The pre oiled filter thing got me thinking...I've bought a lot of them over the years and bought a ton of new bikes. None of those ever had goop in the air box after sitting on the show room floor for a bit of time nor have any of the filters that came in a bag had oil residue in the bag.

Just to show that goop is over oiled.

Just a though back on the air filter goop. The pre oiled filter thing got me thinking...I've bought a lot of them over the years and bought a ton of new bikes. None of those ever had goop in the air box after sitting on the show room floor for a bit of time nor have any of the filters that came in a bag had oil residue in the bag.

Just to show that goop is over oiled.
I’ve never bought pre oiled filters but maybe one time. No sense in buying them in when you can buy about 4 non oiled ones for the price of 2 oiled ones and I do it at the house and bag them. Never have really thought about how much money I save oiling and cleaning them myself

Back