No Merchandise Displays at Sx!!

BriarcliffMx

PR Founding Father
karnow.jpg

I question which Merch they're referring to.......?

John250

PR Founding Father
Sounds like Feld won't let him sell/display his own personal t-shirts in the pits at SX races
Nope. Cuts into their T Shirt sales. This is where Feld and MX Sports are falling short. Hell go to a Nascar Race, go to a World of Outlaw race, or even go to a big regional race at Volusia County Speedway. These drivers either have their own merchandise trailers or they use a t shirt vendor that sells for multiple drivers. They need to follow the lead of someone successful like Nascar. But once again they piss on the riders for their own greed. Motocross and Supercross riders are probably the most under paid professional sport going.

freeh

PR Founding Father
Hasn't that been the standard policy for many years? It is bullshit for Feld to have such policies, but I don't think this is a new policy. MX has the same policy I believe

Toddco327

PR Addict
As much as I feel for the riders it’s really not all that uncommon. Most places have approved vendors and have contract agreements. In motorsports it’s more common to have riders and teams sell merch but on the grand scale it’s not really all that out of line.

hershey

PR Elite
As much as I feel for the riders it’s really not all that uncommon. Most places have approved vendors and have contract agreements. In motorsports it’s more common to have riders and teams sell merch but on the grand scale it’s not really all that out of line.
On the grand scheme it is out of line.

Toddco327

PR Addict
On the grand scheme it is out of line.
I agree. But also see both sides.

It’s like biting the hand that feeds you…. On both sides.

Let them sell!!!

Attachments

• 9A093C67-6643-411C-965E-2E2AFBFB5157.jpeg
    9A093C67-6643-411C-965E-2E2AFBFB5157.jpeg
    29.4 KB · Views: 54
Last edited:

John250

PR Founding Father

Let them sell!!!
They don't feed the riders. Until world SX hit in 2022, they seemed to have no purse money. Now all the sudden the purse is increased $10 million without hesitation. Why? Because someone was coming after their riders.

Feld still way under pays the riders. Anyone on a gate in the night program should be making some decent money to get them out of there with, but they are not.

Toddco327

PR Addict
They don't feed the riders. Until world SX hit in 2022, they seemed to have no purse money. Now all the sudden the purse is increased $10 million without hesitation. Why? Because someone was coming after their riders.

Feld still way under pays the riders. Anyone on a gate in the night program should be making some decent money to get them out of there with, but they are not.
You proved the point I made. Feld still pays and although not the only game in town but there isn’t another professional outlet that is like Feld/MX Sports/AMA. I agree it should pay way more and have some more freedoms.

Now if someone would just start a riders union….

weaver658

PR Member
It’s bad enough riders/teams can’t sell their our merchandise at races, but the riders don’t make anything on what feld sells. I imagine they use some bogus excuse saying that the profits of merchandising sales goes to the purse money.

GeorgiePorgie

PR Founding Father
Nope. Cuts into their T Shirt sales. This is where Feld and MX Sports are falling short. Hell go to a Nascar Race, go to a World of Outlaw race, or even go to a big regional race at Volusia County Speedway. These drivers either have their own merchandise trailers or they use a t shirt vendor that sells for multiple drivers. They need to follow the lead of someone successful like Nascar. But once again they piss on the riders for their own greed. Motocross and Supercross riders are probably the most under paid professional sport going.
They don’t gotta race….. it’s there own fault.

hershey

PR Elite

Let them sell!!!
How is Logan biting the hand that feeds (Not really) him??

Do you really think anyone that buys his shirt isn't going to buy a shirt from felds approved vendor because of it?

Let these guys make money. Reed wasn't allowed to advertise for new sponsors he brought in. They aren't allowed to use video from their racing, can't sell shirts in the pits now. Where does it stop? Everytime riders find a way to make money so they can continue to race, Feld knee caps them. Worl SX comes along and does the right thing and all of the sudden Feld has a way to pay a little more. I hope World SX becomes a huge hit.

GeorgiePorgie

PR Founding Father
Yea if they incentivize them to be able to make money like what dale Earnhardt can do. Potentially just through marketing some of these guys would never have to be factory and they’d pull sick money.

deano being one of them. If they took the leash off that guy could make a great living with no factory support. Irregardless if where he finishes in the main.