Congrats Mitch Zaremba!

Honestly I don’t think there would be as big of an issue as you would think. The people who ride futures would be the one who at least have arenacross experience and have enough money to practice on supercross before the race. I think people are smart enough to not sign up if they aren’t capable. I also think that the ama officials can say that anyone that’s 20 seconds off the leaders is automatically cut. Run the heat races during the day then main at night. There for it does give these kids who have zero factory support but train at training facilities year around a chance
I get what you say, but you are giving some folks a lot of credit they do not deserve.

I think some of it is this liability world we leave in and instead of putting the ownership on the person, we put it on the company.

Sure, they wouldn't qualify, but is that because they weren't fast enough or because of that and the fact they got hurt on a track they should have never had the thought they could ride on safely in the first place or worse they hurt another that should be there... Kids that have parents with the money do things in this sport they shouldn't be all the time...just because their parents have the cash...you know this.

Dude, I totally get what you are saying and agree everyone that is capable should have a shot, but we do not live in that world anymore. We seem to be more in the world of saving peeps from themselves because somewhere they got the thought they didn't have to and that was someone else's responsibility... :(

Just my thoughts in trying to look at the other side, regardless if I agree with it or not. In some ways, I hate myself for this. Wish I couldn't care less about the other side...lol, but life has scarred me... ;)

That KX is SOOOOO crisp after he wicks it .......LOL!

But for some odd reason
I can't help but chuckle & be in a slightly better mood after watching these ....

Is there something wrong with me ?

and Yeah --- GO MITCH !!
It does, me too, nothing at all, and x2. :)

I get what you say, but you are giving some folks a lot of credit they do not deserve.

I think some of it is this liability world we leave in and instead of putting the ownership on the person, we put it on the company.

Sure, they wouldn't qualify, but is that because they weren't fast enough or because of that and the fact they got hurt on a track they should have never had the thought they could ride on safely in the first place or worse they hurt another that should be there... Kids that have parents with the money do things in this sport they shouldn't be all the time...just because their parents have the cash...you know this.

Dude, I totally get what you are saying and agree everyone that is capable should have a shot, but we do not live in that world anymore. We seem to be more in the world of saving peeps from themselves because somewhere they got the thought they didn't have to and that was someone else's responsibility... :(

Just my thoughts in trying to look at the other side, regardless if I agree with it or not. In some ways, I hate myself for this. Wish I couldn't care less about the other side...lol, but life has scarred me... ;)
Look at it like this if they don’t change the rules supercross will begin to die. We have seen in the past 4 years since it has became so much harder to achieve a supercross license the amount of riders in the 250 class has shrunk I can remember Covid year them at Salt Lake City with like 8 dudes in the LCQ. Change the rules. They practice on Friday anyways. So they are sketchy get them off the track. They are down 25 seconds off the leaders time take them off the track. Have safety officials but it shouldn’t be who’s got the most money or who’s got all the connections.

"We need Feld and MXsports to act like this is a real sport"

....puts rules in, and creates a supercross license process.....

"Screw them they should just let anyone race!!!!"
No problem with a license process at all, just don't think you should need to be sponsored by a team to get an invite. What was wrong with the way it was with the road to sx? That was ideal, earn points to qualify for a license for sx. Then anyone gets experience racing a mellow sx track to get their feet wet. And everyone had an equal opportunity to try Now you have only a few races and have to be part of a team. That's ruining the sport.
And why is that? Because people keep playing the victim card. The country is getting soft because liberal ideology is teaching kids that they have no responsibility. By your first sentence you're saying we don't have an equal opportunity for success?? That's the entire point of our country, it's what sets us apart from the rest of the world.

Two Ohio guys are perfect examples. Hand and Karnow would never of had a shot under this you have to be on a team system. And look at them, both make the night show and neither been on a legit team until I think Hand rides for someone this year.

They switched to this format for safety reasons. Last year anyone in A and B were able to sign up. There were riders 20+ seconds off Ryder D and Hymas. This also now allows for the futures main to be held during the night show as opposed to during the day. Riders are closer in speeds, and more able to ride the conditions of the night show now with an invite system. It brings more eyes to the amatuer scene in an attempt to grow the sport. Also, there are several other races through the year that riders are able to earn their R2SX points at. So any rider without that support can still get their license and be a privateer, just like it has been in the past. It was great when entire amateur events could be at stadiums for all classes, but I do understand this direction for the futures and giving these riders a platform.

https://cdn.supercrosslive.com/s3fs-public/Competition Bulletin AMA Road to Supercross 2023.pdf

It leaves a fast privateer kid outside looking in unless you have connections.
It is kinda BS yeah. But I can see both sides -- they need to make sure the kids are good enough so they belong on the track. It's a little weird because they promote it as showcasing the young talent to the teams, however you basically have to be on a team to get in!

add day qualifying. Give futures first look at the track. Set minimum lap time. Would make race day live better yet.

add day qualifying. Give futures first look at the track. Set minimum lap time. Would make race day live better yet.

Already exists. They have Futures group A and B qualifiers on Friday before event. Then two rounds of qualifying again on Saturday.

Also, reviewing the entry list in more detail it looks like there are some non-factory'ish team riders in there.

Last edited:
Two Ohio guys are perfect examples. Hand and Karnow would never of had a shot under this you have to be on a team system. And look at them, both make the night show and neither been on a legit team until I think Hand rides for someone this year.
Read the rules 892 linked. If you are fast enough, you will get your license easily enough.

20230225_170922.jpg

Was nice to see him out there. I did notice that there were plenty of Yamahas out there. Hopefully a great experience he can build on.

Is Mitchy going to do another Futures race? Would like to see if now that the first on is under his belt, the possible improvement in the next one. Good for Mitch! Living the dream...

What happened to Evan Ferry?
They said on the broadcast he had a mishap of some type in practice. Word was he is fine, just wasn't a go Saturday. I do not know exactly. Just what they gave on the broadcast...

Back