Track changes???!!

Nah I think you survived that one. Me and Mosher were watching, not sure. Maybe he knows
It just fractured at the track. I actually went to the ER, they took Xrays, didn't see the fracture...I go home, sitting on the couch in my good posture the top shifts behind the bottom a little...then it was on. Crazy, you know they do not do surgery to realign it due to risk of infection being so close to the heart...therefore I guess my sternum is a little thicker in on spot and a tad shorter overall... Healed up fine... Who knew?...lol

Anywho, track was sick yesterday JO. Wasn't very busy though... ;) I like the layout. Will like it more once everything gets packed in and there aren't any whoopdie-ruts all the way across the new section back corner, etc. I was definitely struggling a little (OK...a lot), but the track was only part of that. No arm pump until the back section then it was on and never went away...lol.

When is that schedule coming out? Spencer had a short day. His front motor mount brackets welds let go. Need to get them welded back on, a new swingarm bolt, and might as well do the swingarm bearings while I'm at it. He was bummed big time only getting two sessions in (I was done after my two :)), but see you next time... Thanks JO.

I picked up a few kids in the new section when I was taking some photos back there. The big bikes had it deep back there, the quads smoothed it out some for the small bikes, but they still had a hard time.

I picked up a few kids in the new section when I was taking some photos back there. The big bikes had it deep back there, the quads smoothed it out some for the small bikes, but they still had a hard time.
Was to be expected. It'll be good once worked in. Spencer went over the bars his first session there. Some 65 kid waited with him until I was able to get over there. He was fine. Amazing to me was the way the whooped out. Jump wise, nothing too awful difficult, but the arm pump kept me from trying anything with lined faces.

Actually, the first section that got me pumped up...only the first session during my "site" lap, was the surprise of the rutted stream crossing just after the wall jump adjacent from first turn along the woods going into the back section... Wasn't expecting that. Some AB riders had the line there in jumping over it.... I'm an old fat vet rider though, so not sure that will be a line I will take...at least anytime soon...

Good first ride.

Of course the first time I saw them jump the stream from the wall jump, I was like jesus, here we go again. Cat and mouse of track designer versus the youth of the nation begins again.
Kind of like guys tripling up the wall into the rollers two years ago. Wasn't meant to be jumped.

Of course the first time I saw them jump the stream from the wall jump, I was like jesus, here we go again. Cat and mouse of track designer versus the youth of the nation begins again.
Did you have a little ski jump after the wall, before the stream?
Looks like it but the big bikes ate through it.

Just a few pics of the new track area, I don't think it got as bad as it could have if we ripped it deep.

image0.jpeg

image1.jpeg

image2.jpeg

image3.jpeg

image4.jpeg

image5.jpeg

image6.jpeg

image7.jpeg

image8.jpeg

image9.jpeg

image10.jpeg

image11.jpeg

image12.jpeg

I didn’t feel like driving 2 hours to BC this weekend sorry JO. But I went to Eastfork and it was good and gnarly. Great practice as I assumed BC was also. Super rutted and very technical. But super fun and great training for nationals. There was lines everywhere and a lot of them

I didn’t feel like driving 2 hours to BC this weekend sorry JO. But I went to Eastfork and it was good and gnarly. Great practice as I assumed BC was also. Super rutted and very technical. But super fun and great training for nationals. There was lines everywhere and a lot of them
Nah, most the track wasn't like that. We didn't go super deep, but no squad runs........or helicopters. Id say only 1/4 of the track was slot cars. The rest got bump and rough and had lines, just not crazy deep and all the way across like in the pics.

Remember when you had those two wall jump things behind the start and Rogers and crew turned them into doubles?...lol
Kind of like guys tripling up the wall into the rollers two years ago. Wasn't meant to be jumped.
Maybe it was a triple. I was thinking awesome to watch I'm never going to think about doing it sky double. ;)
Nah, most the track wasn't like that. We didn't go super deep, but no squad runs........or helicopters. Id say only 1/4 of the track was slot cars. The rest got bump and rough and had lines, just not crazy deep and all the way across like in the pics.
True statement. Only one or two sections made my knuckles turn white...lol.

Remember when you had those two wall jump things behind the start and Rogers and crew turned them into doubles?...lol

Maybe it was a triple. I was thinking awesome to watch I'm never going to think about doing it sky double. ;)

True statement. Only one or two sections made my knuckles turn white...lol.
Yeah that was Rife who jumped wall to wall first. I think he was higher than they were jumping the triple but it was over at the edge of the woods on that side. It was pretty sick from behind.

That triple into the sand section, Matthew hit it the first lap of moto 1. Rife was and a couple others were doing it. I held my breath everytime he hit it. I told him if he was going to do it to hit it just a bit harder, second race he looked better doing it. I still didn't like it. It was sketchy.

Track looked fun! Great work JO! Not bad for a last week of March ride day in Ohio. We don’t get many of those.

So in hopes I don’t gotta try to qualify again just to come race BC’s qualifier it’s paying OMA points also?

So in hopes I don’t gotta try to qualify again just to come race BC’s qualifier it’s paying OMA points also?
It will, yes. Its NOT mandatory that you sign up for OMA to race the AQ, only if you want the OMA points. A lot of other tracks run their series within an AQ that they are promoting. I decided to join in. Its also paying Yamaha contingency and RM ATV MC Bucks! I will have an OMA = LL class equivalency chart to cover any class discrepancies, but we changed some OMA classes to better line up with AMA, so I hope there isn't any major issues, but I'm sure we can arrive at an amicable solution if need be.

It will, yes. Its NOT mandatory that you sign up for OMA to race the AQ, only if you want the OMA points. A lot of other tracks run their series within an AQ that they are promoting. I decided to join in. Its also paying Yamaha contingency and RM ATV MC Bucks! I will have an OMA = LL class equivalency chart to cover any class discrepancies, but we changed some OMA classes to better line up with AMA, so I hope there isn't any major issues, but I'm sure we can arrive at an amicable solution if need be.
Problem is with these other tracks they don’t do it like you. Other tracks run their series and the classes within the area qualifier structure even though the classes are the same. When I went to log road they had like 50 some class with both qualifier classes and their series classes put together and made for a really long day. You on the other hand are using the qualifier classes and just making them line up with Oma classes. I don’t mind tracks running a local race within the qualifiers but they need to run it right like your doing by not adding any of their series classes

Agreed. You know me and time management, I HATE adding to the day. This is the only way I see doing it. No way I'm having a Vet 30+ AQ and a Vet 30+ OMA. I make them mesh. AND its not required for people to run it as OMA, its just bonus for the people who want to do both and had planned to do both. We are counting the 8 highest finishes for the series, and there are 12 races for bikes. That's a ceiling not a minimum either.

Agreed. You know me and time management, I HATE adding to the day. This is the only way I see doing it. No way I'm having a Vet 30+ AQ and a Vet 30+ OMA. I make them mesh. AND its not required for people to run it as OMA, its just bonus for the people who want to do both and had planned to do both. We are counting the 8 highest finishes for the series, and there are 12 races for bikes. That's a ceiling not a minimum either.
Just curious here.......if you run 450B Limited on Saturday and 450B on Sunday does that count as two OMA races for Open B or will just 450B = Open B?

Back