MERP - GP Series 2024

NQ1965

PR Elite
Just watched the video uploaded on Youtube.
I love a good GP, but the woods looked more a Hare Scramble course to me.

Last edited:

Meister

PR Founding Father
I missed it... 25% because im a sissy, but 75% because i was stuck in a trench that housed tile pipe that's junk..

Glad you had the turn out!

Jack Bierbower

PR Addict
I missed it... 25% because im a sissy, but 75% because i was stuck in a trench that housed tile pipe that's junk..

Glad you had the turn out!
We’ll get you to a more “Moto” one here soon Meister!

Malvern would have been perfect for you.

Beans or Western will be your next best bet.

Maybe HH! You’re a hardpack guy.

NQ1965

PR Elite
Crow Canyon is always heavy on the woods - we only have so much motocross to work with and 400 acres of woods. The course definitely ended up getting rough.
Let me clarify my earlier statement, You had a lot of great areas to open up and cut time, and I loved the terrain and elevation change ups of the woods loop, but some areas were Hare Scramble tight and narrow. Definitely keep your eyes peeled for trees in your path. (felt like I was at Mid-Ohio Vintage Days CC race watching it ):D.

Still looked fun though. Thumbs up!

Tk40FC

Noob
When Zach told me you guys pulled 200 for just C class and sportsman alone I expected a large number, but not sure i expected 600+! Congrats on the growth, but it does sound like it pushing whats possible for the current format. A good problem to have!

I honestly think just simply renaming the classes Beginner, Intermediate, Expert and Open/Pro would push alot of guys out of C and into B where they really belong. Pride usually keeps guys from claiming beginner status, then maybe lapping the field twice.

I'm sure I'll be out at one of these this year, if you ever need extra help with an event, please reach out.

John250

PR Founding Father
No thanks. That did not look like fun to me. Too much of a traffic jam. I see Crow Canyon is still as rocky as I remember too. Great turnout though. That boy on the old TM Suzuki was probably sore the next day.

SCHAFFERNOCKER

PR Addict
The jam-ups are deff a hold up if your serious about being serious at the MERP's it would be frustrating. The course is only so wide its bound to get you held up by someone somewhere. Out of all the ones I have done so far though this was the hardest first lap because of the sloppy mess on one of the hills before entering back into the woods. Usually its just a quick second your stuck behind someone.

There's alot going on with alot of people here, its hard to find the flow first lap. I wish there was some type of site lap, that would free up so much of these bottle necks. I just dont think people know where to go the first lap!

TwentyThreeMX

PR Founding Father
i personally like the aspect of just going for it the first lap. its exciting. hitting that triple outta the woods first lap on a bike i only rode once was exciting haha...

the few bad spots were pretty gnarly, the rest wasnt too bad. i feel like can get around OK for 1 lap and then im smoked. i must ride so tight and death grip so bad. I tire out fast on a track but this is next level tired in record breaking times lol.

the bottle neck on lap 1 was rough. i think the worst part was being stuck in the middle of it, not really able to move or get out, and then having someone finally blow down the marker tape and then half the people behind you went around.

smooth run program, good vibes, my only complaint about these races are that theres only a few per year!!!!

if you are on the fence, just go do it!!!!

side note: i miss the old me that hated trees and refused to get his bike muddy :D

Jack Bierbower

PR Addict
We had….

16 Open Pro Riders
9 A Riders
41 B riders

Which I think is cool.

For my own sanity/health/well being I don’t want courses to be that gnarly. I walked 14.75 miles on Sunday helping reroute course and pick up bikes in the squirrely section.

Too many bikes is not a problem we expected to have in year 3.

Jack Bierbower

PR Addict
IMG_1299.png

Jack Bierbower

PR Addict
How would you break down a 2 day?
Did you do quads and kids day one then big bikes day 2?
No quads - maybe a youth and C on Saturday?

Not 100% sure yet. There's a world where we combine the pee wee classes again in the same hour and then have to spread out the the age classes and c classes somehow.

We're also not 100% sure if this is just a "crow first race of the year thing" or an expect this all the time type thing.

Last year Crow was big then the rest of the season stayed steady down about 70-150 entries.

Toddco327

PR Addict
No quads - maybe a youth and C on Saturday?

Not 100% sure yet. There's a world where we combine the pee wee classes again in the same hour and then have to spread out the the age classes and c classes somehow.

We're also not 100% sure if this is just a "crow first race of the year thing" or an expect this all the time type thing.

Last year Crow was big then the rest of the season stayed steady down about 70-150 entries.
Great job!!!

Take a step back and look at the problems your having now. Give yourself a pat on the back. I’m sure on day one, the worry of “Will people show up?” was top of mind.

Now you’re to the point of “a lot of people are showing up”

What a great problem to have. Congrats and job well done. Keep up the good work.

Toddco327

PR Addict
i personally like the aspect of just going for it the first lap. its exciting. hitting that triple outta the woods first lap on a bike i only rode once was exciting haha...

the few bad spots were pretty gnarly, the rest wasnt too bad. i feel like can get around OK for 1 lap and then im smoked. i must ride so tight and death grip so bad. I tire out fast on a track but this is next level tired in record breaking times lol.

the bottle neck on lap 1 was rough. i think the worst part was being stuck in the middle of it, not really able to move or get out, and then having someone finally blow down the marker tape and then half the people behind you went around.

smooth run program, good vibes, my only complaint about these races are that theres only a few per year!!!!

if you are on the fence, just go do it!!!!

side note: i miss the old me that hated trees and refused to get his bike muddy :D
I’ll spell it for you….. O L D

Orthopedic shoes and warm baths bro… it’s our lives now. Embrace it.

Romanyak256

PR Addict
Man i am so sad i missed it. Those woods looked amazing! With the academy starting the day after the race, i didn’t want to chance it, and show up the first day sore from riding, not very responsible in my eyes. Will be more time for dirt bikes after graduation, u til then merp on.