P90x

I almost started it this week, been waiting on the dvd's forever. Just to prove to myself that it wasn't a new years res. and that I want to do it, because I want to do it, I'm waiting a week. haha

im with you on that david ...i think new years resolutions are stupid. nobody sticks to them.

i started working out with my bowflex and stationary bike around thanksgiving.. im now in week 3 of p90x

it is BRUTAL but i love it. its nice to have a routine to stick to. some stuff i couldnt do or coudlnt do very well at first, and now that I can see progress it gives me motivation to continue, which is kind of rewarding to me.

im not a morning person..usually roll out of bed with enough time to get to work... but ive been getting up an hour and a half earlier to do p90x every morning now. first week is the hardest.

so far ive dropped a couple pounds ive also been eating a little better though too. last time i rode the day after i pumped up real baad because i was sore before even getting on the bike. now im going to make sure i make the schedule work to where i take a resting day before riding. today was supposed to be rest but i didnt want to.. because i want tomorrow to be rest.. so i did cardio which is a mix of everything..tomorrow ill just do abs and probably some stationary bike.. and start back to p90x on sunday after riding sat night

I got to day 3, died, was reborn, and decided to be fat and lazy. Kudos to anyone who does this program from start to finish.

Michelle and I are on day 3 including the diet. We're holding up pretty good but the cardio is rediculous. Do you guys do your workout on a ride day too? I can't see how that's possible. I can barely walk.

We are one day ahead of you Chuck and Michelle.....so you guys get to do the INSANE Yoga Friday! The upper body workout stuff isn't super bad to me (just really bad, not super bad), but all this stretching and abdominal work is death.

I did the workout but specifically the ab ripper only , I would do that every other night 2 times in a row (after you can withstand it of course lol ) and would run 3 miles on the nights i didnt do it with the ab ripper.. This is a great work out shown to me in the Corps. 1 pullup drop down and do 5 pushups and 5 situps , 2 pullups 10 pushups and 10 situps , every time you add a pullup just add 5 to the situps and pushups. It doesn't matter how long it takes you but i like to at least go up to 10 then you come back down like negatives basically. Speed is irrelevant but you want to do your workout with form so if it takes you 5 minutes to do 5 perfect form pushups then that will work your body better than 5 horrible form ones. This workout goes hand in hand with the ab ripper core workout. Most of the reason people get so sore is not so much your out of shape but you dont do a extremely good stretch . A 10-15 minute stretch before the p90x will do wonders.

So how's everyone doing on it?

I'm starting to notice a difference. I've actually gained weight this week due to building up a little muscle and my pants barely fit on my thighs! My joints have been aching most of the week but tonight after doing the workout I'm feeling better and loosening up. Now I just need to start dropping lbs.....

I've done it before when it first came out I never really liked it cause an hour of it is too long. I just got sick of it after like a half hour so I would go like 49 min then turn it off.

I been trying to do that racer x free trainer and I like that its pretty good plus I can fit my riding around that a little better

doing OK with it. did the plyo at 6 Am this morning. never sweat like that at 6 am before ill tell ya that

its hard doing the workouts after a day of riding.. I rode sat night til 9:30 and then did chest/back sunday morning and it was rough. my arms are real sore today still and now my whole body is from plyo, and i have to do arms/shoulders tomorrow!! not looking forward to it

my weight hasnt changed much. maybe dropped a few pounds. i dont think i really have much weight to lose though, thats not really a goal for any of this. i was around 184-185 and now im pretty consistent around 181-183 depending on when im weighing myself and what ive eaten.

Most of the reason people get so sore is not so much your out of shape but you dont do a extremely good stretch . A 10-15 minute stretch before the p90x will do wonders.

Time is the biggest killer to exercise programs. It takes a steady commitment of time. Day after day, week after week, all year long. Nobody likes to be in the house exercising once spring and summer hits, but you have to do it anyway. You have to stretch and warm-up, that's a must to prevent injury. And that only adds to the time required.

And when you do commit the time required to your program, something else has to be given up or put off. It's a sacrifice. YUK!

Not to mention it becomes one more thing you have to do in your already hectic overly busy life.

ive given up an extra 90 min of sleep per day lol. trying hard to stick with it and i think i picked a good time to start. itll be the middle of march when im done. just in time..

for me especially this is good because before this i didnt really care what i ate and drank and being diabetic thats probably not the best thing.. now i figure i might as well go 100% with it so im eating much better, taking a vitamin every day, etc

hopefully it works out for everybody! i wish i would have taken a before pic.. i figured I wouldn't really care but im already regretting not taking a few. im sure i have some from the summer though on the boat and stuff.

just went out and bought food suggested by this program...50 cold ones for a weeks worth. damn, organic hurts the wallet.

yeah, ouch. i pass up those sections in giant eagle lol.

im not going to go THAT crazy with it. I've been eating better, bought a lot of better food... but nothing crazy. Less fast food / chipotle every day.. started packing lunches (wheat bread, lunch meat, light dressing) and fruit, stuff like that. never used to eat breakfast, now im triyng to at least eat a banana in the morning after the post work out muscle milk shake...

i think a big key to getting through these are do them with no interruption. they fly by when im by myself.. but if someone else is home, or the dogs are awake and running around its terrible..

After only 1 week of this my flexibility is improved by a huge amount. I'm old, fat, and creaky and the way my legs, knees, hips feel right now is shocking. By no means am I suddenly a gymnast but just normal movement of my legs is so much improved.

Does this program require a place to do pull-ups? Is jumping a part of the routine? I need to start doing something and I am trying to figure out what.

thanks

technically yes.. and they sell a pullup bar that mounts to your door, however lots of people just buy a cheaper version from walmart that some say they like better.

you can also buy bands and a door attachment and use a similar movement to simulate the pull ups. i use a bowflex to do all of the required weight/pull up stuff. some stuff you cant do exactly but got to be better than nothing.

yes, does require a bit of jumping. especially the plyometric video. its probably the hardest one, next to yoga and abs.

I just do the DAVE JONES workout...He told me a bunch of times...500 push-ups...500 sit-ups...If you look at Dave he is ripped so 3 years ago I started..In the winter time..I do cardio 30-90min everyday...And Do 300 push-ups....200 sit-ups..and alittle weight training ......And I do it EVERYDAY...Maybe I miss a sat here and there but I stick to it...And it works..You have to find what works for you and stick to it...

Back