P90x

Does this program require a place to do pull-ups? Is jumping a part of the routine? I need to start doing something and I am trying to figure out what.

We use a removeable pull-up bar in our door frame. It works ok. Once we learn the routines we'll be able to do things at the gym. This program has lots of jumping, push-ups, pull-ups, feels like football practice all over again. Lots of balance and stretching. Every day it's something different which is great. Yoga is day 4. I always thought it was for lonely depressed chics until I fell down 1/3 the way through. Basically this program blows away everything I was doing on my own at the gym. I spent way too much time protecting bad knees instead of making the muscles around them stronger.

The diet was the biggest eye opener. I just had scrambled egg whites, an apple and rye toast for breakfast instead of a big cup of coffee/sugar/cream. The past diet had way too many carbs and had very little fruit and veggies. I don't know what I was thinking all these years.

The diet was the biggest eye opener. I just had scrambled egg whites, an apple and rye toast for breakfast instead of a big cup of coffee/sugar/cream. The past diet had way too many carbs and had very little fruit and veggies. I don't know what I was thinking all these years.

Hmmmmmmm........scrambled egg whites. Must be very tasty?
Toast without butter, Decaffinated coffee, and non alcoholic beer......Where's the fun?

Once you begin elliminating high cholestorol foods, high saturated fats, and excess sugars. Your just about down to a Vegetarian diet.

Just started again. Did the cardio yesterday for 22mins, and shoulders bi and triceps today for 20 mins. Erik's along for the ride so we'll see how far we get each day, and how long we can go for. We're missing the kenpo disc so I have no idea how good that one is.

kenpo is the funnest one i think. goes by quick and still a decent cardio workout (not as good as the cardio disc)

you can probably find the kempo disc online if you look around. wont talk much about it on the forum though ;)

I know a few guys that stuck with p90x, and it is def a good program if you have a strong will to stay the course, and not give in to ordinary everyday temptations.

I on the other hand like to take the road less traveled, so i'm doing J20Z.

Seriously though I did order the TRX suspension trainer off of virtual trainer (racer x), I'm really into body weight style exercises this winter. It should be showing up anytime. I'll be suprised if it isn't a gimmick.

My plan is add a Trx (450r) suspension training day to my current program of free weights and aerobic workouts twice a week each, and eventually work a spinnig class in there.

I bought p90x about 2 yrs ago stuck with it till the 45 day mark and then was moving ect..... but it works. Just started back up and im in week 3 and each day gets a little easier. The 1st time doing plyo again had to crawl up the basement stairs.. I think its a great MX training tool since it works the complete body, do lighter weight so you dont add alot of muscle and stay lean once spring hits and we start riding should feel a big differnce.

I know a few guys that stuck with p90x, and it is def a good program if you have a strong will to stay the course, and not give in to ordinary everyday temptations.

I on the other hand like to take the road less traveled, so i'm doing J20Z.

Seriously though I did order the TRX suspension trainer off of virtual trainer (racer x), I'm really into body weight style exercises this winter. It should be showing up anytime. I'll be suprised if it isn't a gimmick.

My plan is add a Trx (450r) suspension training day to my current program of free weights and aerobic workouts twice a week each, and eventually work a spinnig class in there.

The TRX is actually a really great tool. Good for on the go if you travel and its not as easy as it looks. I consistently lift heavy weights as well as cardio stretching/yoga, and balance exercises. The TRX is just another great tool if your into being a well rounded athlete and know how to use it. Its not a gimmick expecially if you are creative. There are lots of variatons just look online. Ive also seen alot of guys make these instead of buying em.

Yeah, I have been researching workouts online. It looks like you can make as hard or as easy as you want to on alot of the exercises. It was probably the creativity that attracted me to it. The atomic push up challenge 40/40, 30/30, 20/20 etc looks intense.

I also saw on youtube people making there own. I suppose it can be done, as everything can be, but I just dont have the time.

Hopefully it will be in the mail tomorrow.

I actually don't own one but my buddy does and of course I tried it. The atomic pushup is a pretty good simulation to riding. Its well constructed too. Which Is what why buying one is probably your best choice. For 100 bucks you get what you pay for.

i do the ab ripper when i feel like killing myself. most weeks i just do a random ab workout on mondays and wednesdays

I did day 2 of week 4 today.. the core exercises. I really liked this one. Good for abs, upper legs, lower back. Which I think all take a lot of abuse on the bike (for my, my lower back specifically)

I did day 2 of week 4 today.. the core exercises. I really liked this one. Good for abs, upper legs, lower back. Which I think all take a lot of abuse on the bike (for my, my lower back specifically)

I have a lower back problem too 23. I take a kidney belt and strap it real tight to hold the discs in place. Hard to breathe though. The Doc wanted drugs and surgery to solve the problem. Week 2 of p90x and I just rode the whole day Sunday without it. I think it's more to do with the stretching than anything.

Is everbody sticking with their routine?

I love the TRX. Great workout. i dont think you want to use it as a stand alone, but in the mix of free weights and cardio it works goood!

nope :( broken collarbone kind of puts a hold on this. guess ill just start over from day 1. i got all the way up to completing 1 month.

im still going to do anything i can do now..some stretching and stationary bike.. until my shoulder is good enough to at least do some abs and leg stuff.. dont think ill be doing anything with my arms for a bit though.

I'm having some problems with it and trying to modify it a bit.

If I do it every day like I'm supposed to, I have no time to get anything else done. So a few days a week we are getting up and doing the ab ripper before going to work, then doing some of the other things later when we get home. Also, I've actually injured myself a couple times doing it, so I backed off a bit. I realized this is just too much right now and am now trying to ease into it so I don't burn out and don't get hurt.

Translation -- I'm sitting around drinking beer and eating Taco Bell. No, actually I'm not doing that.....haha.

Well I'm sticking to my program. No beer - No Monster, workout 3-4 times a week, alternating free weights, trx, cardio training. No fast food, if i do, its salad. Cheating for me is a bowl of chili. I have lost about 15 lbs since i started, but I have gained some muscle so that net result is skewed. I feel great, can't wait to ride. Got to get to doing 10 lap motos on the wood.

I can’t even imagine a stronger, more focused J.O. sitting atop a new machine.
That’s scary…..
I’ll be over at Track #2 if anyone wants me….

Back