mx vs atv alive

barrington314

PR Elite
there is supposed to be an official trailer released at A1.
i do know that the rider reflex is still there, but the bike physics are different, as in the suspenion works different. you can actually seat bounce now.
mxvsatvalivestewartunve.jpg

james has announced that he is part of the game and will be helping with physics and track design.
ive also heard the ama supercross series tracks will be available for download.
i wouldnt expect a track editor as they are going to sell tracks to make money.

I hope this isn't just a 30 dollar track pack. With how fast this game is being pushed I really hope they are putting effort into it. I'll be upset if the game play and online are as flawed as MX vs arc reflex is...

from my understanding, they were working on this game at the same time they were working on reflex. and since its the same basic game as reflex, it shouldnt be hard to make some tweeks. well see i guess. official trailer debuts on the jumbo tron tonight. im sure someone will record it.

I don't know what was on the Jumbo Tron, but the commercial really sucked. Made Bubba out to look like a dirty-take-out-wh*re.

The pacsun shopping, tv watching, reality-show bad attitude audience is who they're appealing to. WHY CAN'T WE JUST GET A SIMULATOR MX GAME ON A CONSOLE LIKE FORZA MOTORSPORT AND GRAN TURISMO? They make a hillbilly-oil-finding ton of money off of Forza via xbox live DLC. MotoGP 05/06 was awesome as well and now it's going down the tubes.

Think i'm going to just ride, piss on video games.

so what ive gathered from roaming the mx vs atv website is, they have done away with the extra vehicles. there will be more real bikes this year other than ktm. but still not all. my guess is yamaha since stewart is part of the game. the ruts are more usable this go around. the game is "less frustrating to play" (guyB of vitalmx) enhanced engine sounds, done in real riding conditions instead of just a dyno like the past. ama supercross is a sponsor and will likely see replica supercross tracks. but that hasnt been confirmed. the physics have been tweaked so that the bike handles differently such as suspension and more noticable speed differences between bikes. will have more of a usable seat bounce and scrub.
there are some screen shots on their site but they are early beta shots and not very good.

Awesome! Im hoping that since the AMA is involved there will be all the national replica tracks as well. Atleast give us Red Bud!

From knowing a few of the track creators there, as well as some higher ups, I'd say probably a no go on the nats. The amount of money it costs to buy the rights for the tracks, and bikes, is what limits them from using them in game.

If they don't use the name they can't get sued. Look at the " shima " on reflex, looks like a yamaha and everyone knows its a yamaha...

So why can't they make "sandstorm" track that looks like red bud and everybody knows its really redbud? How can they get sued on that one ?

just preordered alive.. and its only $39.99. first xbox game ive bought in a longgggggggg time.

and this is from their site:

Real riders, real gear, and real licencors to be announced.

Vehicles to be announced.

so who knows?

Back