mx vs atv alive

i watched the youtube video reviews of the SX tracks

needless to say i didnt run to my xbox to give them more of my money to make myself play the game for another hour......and then put it away again

i watched the youtube video reviews of the SX tracks

needless to say i didnt run to my xbox to give them more of my money to make myself play the game for another hour......and then put it away again

yeah it got boring after about a half hour. iv just been playing reflex.

So I just read this on MXA...man it sounds like THQ just blew it big time. I thought the game had a lot of potential but apparently not. They basically just ripped everyone off.

According to Industry Gamers: On Tuesday THQ announced some sweeping changes to its business. The publisher is realigning its internal studios system and moving away from the licensed kids and movies-based titles it's been known for. Additionally, the company has decided "not to actively pursue further development of the MX vs. ATV franchise at this time." This follows news from only a few weeks back when THQ also discontinued its Red Faction franchise.

It's not clear if that means MX vs. ATV is officially dead, but, regardless, the move means that THQ has also closed two studios in Australia, and shut down a development team at the company’s Phoenix location. THQ is still maintaining its Quality Assurance team in Phoenix, however. All told, the actions by THQ will result in about 200 layoffs, and THQ is offering affected employees the opportunity to apply for other positions within the company.

thats a bummer. i havent played in a while but thats just because im busy with other stuff... im sure il have fun w/ it with my buddies over the winter and such. its not terrible the way it is in my opinion.

This may give 2XL Studios a great chance to jump into the platform scene. It's been rumored they were working on something. Also, my facts may be a little off but I think a few of the guys at 2XL were on the team for mcm1 and 2 as well as unleashed. The mx market is too small for competing companies to release games but now with THQ rbw studios out 2XL might step in. Furthermore, black bean games has a long term contract with youthstream to put together an FIM mx game. yippee

I agree it was pretty good but its extremely boring once you unlock the few tracks they have. The snow courses are dumb as are the short track. The previous game at least had more content to offer. I feel like Im playing 1/4 of a game. Just not enough tracks to personally keep me interested.

just give me the AMA Outdoor Nationals just like EA Sports does Madden. Imagine that, 40 man gates 35 minute motos and an authenic points and scoring system.
Not to mention replica tracks !!!!!!! training, career mode, the whole bit !!!!!!!!!!

just give me the AMA Outdoor Nationals just like EA Sports does Madden. Imagine that, 40 man gates 35 minute motos and an authenic points and scoring system.
Not to mention replica tracks !!!!!!! training, career mode, the while bit !!!!!!!!!!
ps3 or xbox wouldnt be able to handle 40 man gates. frame rate would be terrible. but yea, im with you... someday maybe. cant wait for ps4. should take gaming to an unreal level. id imagine PC type gaming but on a counsel. i hope.

looks like they are still gonna release the kawasakis sept. 6th.

yz125 said:
Not to mention replica tracks !!!!!!! training, career mode, the whole bit !!!!!!!!!!

From playing mxsim, it takes the newest technology; meaning at least a $1600 gaming comp (tower only) to run 40 guys on next gen graphics. Wouldn't that be sick though to have 40 guys online in a race on xbox1280 banging bars with realtime terrain deform. we can only hope 2xl delivers us the money!

Back