#215 scott scarveli update

kaw_racerx

PR Member
early today at ram jams scott went over the bars in grandstand rythem section. taken away by ambulance,few of u were very concerned at the track so i'm posting the update thus far. he is about to go into surgery and still has no feelings in his legs,he broke his thoracic and will know more after surgery.i'm posting this for his dad and sure he will post more once he is able.good luck scotty and hope u recover very soon.please pray for his safe recovery.

Thank everyone for the thoughts and prayers, i am scotts uncle, as i left the hospital he was just going into surgery, i will update as i know anything

I was there today and saw the crash, it didn't look all that bad as far a crashes go. But we soon realized it was serious when the ambulance showed up. Terrible thing to happen, thoughts and prayers go out to him !

We hope Scott pulls thru his surgery with no problems.

Scarveli family- if Scott needs anything or wants some company just let us know. He has CJ's number in his cellphone, so just give us a call.

This is really really horrible...brings me to tears. I have had the privilege to get to know Scott, very well, over the last 2 months. He is a super super young kid and comes from a great family. Scott...stay strong...the Zaremba's are praying for you. Tim, if you need anything please do not hesitate to call.

This is Scotts aunt and uncle. Scott fractured his T5 and T6. Surgery went well, the spine was not severed and there was no spinal fluid leakage. His surgeon first said that he could walk tomorrow or it could take up to two years. He will remain in the hospital in a spinal rehab clinic for approximately 3 weeks. The last we heard from the dr's this evening were stating he has a 1% chance of walking again. Please keep the Scarvelli family in your prayers. Scott is a fighter and being a great trooper through this ordeal. We will try to update daily.

I pray for his full recovery efforts in the coming years ahead.

If I may ask one question for you to answer: Was he wearing a Leatt brace?

Now I'm not trying to hijack the thread but ===> I'm not saying that he should of been, or that he should not of been wearing one, i'm just curious to know because I think i'm drawing a link between the thoracic injuries and the Leatt brace. It seems like individuals are injuring there T5, T6 when riders are wearing them. I'M NOT SAYING DON'T WEAR THEM for people who have them, it's a very detailed decision for each individual. I just feel like there should be more research on this type of equipment to see where all the force of impact is being redistributed to...it has to go somewhere. Leatts were originally designed for car racers that aren't necessarily landing on their heads.

Again, my deepest wishes for a full and speedy recovery.

I pray for his full recovery efforts in the coming years ahead.

If I may ask one question for you to answer: Was he wearing a Leatt brace?

Now I'm not trying to hijack the thread but ===> I'm not saying that he should of been, or that he should not of been wearing one, i'm just curious to know because I think i'm drawing a link between the thoracic injuries and the Leatt brace. It seems like individuals are injuring there T5, T6 when riders are wearing them. I'M NOT SAYING DON'T WEAR THEM for people who have them, it's a very detailed decision for each individual. I just feel like there should be more research on this type of equipment to see where all the force of impact is being redistributed to...it has to go somewhere. Leatts were originally designed for car racers that aren't necessarily landing on their heads.

Again, my deepest wishes for a full and speedy recovery.

Yes he was wearing a leatt (or some neck brace like it) and yes it was broken.

He wrecked in a small rhythm section along the outside of the track and tumbled through them and along the fence/retaining wall. It didnt look like a really nasty crash IMO but obviously it was.

Again my thoughts and prayers go to him and his family

Back