#215 scott scarveli update

Sad. Just goes to show all of us, it does not have to be a huge get off to have serious injuries. It is all about how you hit sometimes. We all should say a prayer for Scott, and for ourselves every time we go on the track. You never know what will happen.

As the Mother of a racer, I am sitting here with my stomach in my throat. I was with my son all weekend at the practice tracks working with him, lap timing, sprints, pushing for more. We are preparing for a big race in Alabama and I kept telling him, "Go do it again, you need to shave time off your laps, etc.".......Then I hear this.

We have been through a back injury with Jesse, when he was 11 yrs old he broke a vertibrae in the cervical and fractured one in the T region also (cant remember the #'s) His did not require surgery, only a special inhalant and many many hours of rehab. There was no such thing as a Leatt back then. I remember the fear, pain, anxiety, and every other emotion that comes with having your child injured and the unknown.

The Scarvelli family are in our prayers.

Scottie: Jesse sends home his best wishes for a full & speedy recovery. He will ride his best for you in Alabama.

The Moores

Best of luck to you Scott, you will be in my prayers. I was in a car wreck with a friend in July 2009 who had similar injuries so although I don't know what it is like to be the one hurt, I was there through everything and I do know what it is like to be someone close in a time like this.

early today at ram jams scott went over the bars in grandstand rythem section. taken away by ambulance,few of u were very concerned at the track so i'm posting the update thus far. he is about to go into surgery and still has no feelings in his legs,he broke his thoracic and will know more after surgery.i'm posting this for his dad and sure he will post more once he is able.good luck scotty and hope u recover very soon.please pray for his safe recovery.

Wow! Were terribly sorry to hear this Scott and wish you a speedy full recovery. Our thoughts and prayers are with you.

Any tracks that would like to work with BARS Racing to host a fundraiser in the early spring please send your ideas to team@barsracing.com - BARS Racing will offer free photos and HD video of the full event including a track highlight video. Our team will be happy to help with the event setup, coverage and clean up. Scott is a good kid and can use the hlep.

Thank you,
Jim Blevins
www.BARSRacing.com

i got an email from scott himself today. he sounds like he is in very high spirits, which is what this kinda of injury takes to get through it. he has the same level injury that i have. ill be in contact with him to try to help him as much as i can with my experience, and ill also update you guys on his condition. i have to say he must be doing pretty good. i was in no condition to talk to people 2 days after my wreck. people were there that i dont even remember seeing. lol. so thats a sign that hes doing ok.

i got an email from scott himself today. he sounds like he is in very high spirits, which is what this kinda of injury takes to get through it. he has the same level injury that i have. ill be in contact with him to try to help him as much as i can with my experience, and ill also update you guys on his condition. i have to say he must be doing pretty good. i was in no condition to talk to people 2 days after my wreck. people were there that i dont even remember seeing. lol. so thats a sign that hes doing ok.

Thanks for the update!

i talked to scott today. sounds like he is super positive. thats awesome. said he wants to ride again! thats what im talking about!
he is out of icu and in the recovery room. they should be moving him to the rehab/therapy floor in the next day. which he will then be there for probably 6 weeks. when i get his room number ill post the address and room so people can send him some cards if theyd like. i know it was awesome getting them when i was there.

I hate hearing about these injuries, has just put me in a sad mood all day. I am glad to read his spirits are up and it seems like he is dealing with it the right way. I to have been wondering about the link between thoracic injures and the brace. So much so after reading barringtons story I picked up the ufo reactor chest protector. I do not know if the brace is actually causing these injuries I just feel better knowing the forces of the impact is not going directly to my spine/sternum, not to mention the setup is much more comfortable than trying to tuck the brace inside the protector and it fits under the jersey without the body builder look.
protector.jpg

I hate hearing about these injuries, has just put me in a sad mood all day. I am glad to read his spirits are up and it seems like he is dealing with it the right way. I to have been wondering about the link between thoracic injures and the brace. So much so after reading barringtons story I picked up the ufo reactor chest protector. I do not know if the brace is actually causing these injuries I just feel better knowing the forces of the impact is not going directly to my spine/sternum, not to mention the setup is much more comfortable than trying to tuck the brace inside the protector and it fits under the jersey without the body builder look.
View attachment 2464
i feel like thats a similar setup i will wear if i can ride again. or i might try the omega brace.
dont want this to turn into a brace debate thread tho.

Scott,
We are so glad to hear that you are doing good. CJ was really worried and has been checking his phone to see if you returned his texts yet. We will definetly be up to visit soon.

You are such a great person on and off that track and CJ really enjoys your friendship. With that said, I would like to let you know that CJDavisMX.com will be donating one dollar from every motocross picture that is purchased for the rest of 2011 to you and your family to help with your recovery.

Take care buddy and stay positive. See ya soon

thank you so much you dont understand how much that measn to me....Please have CJ tx me again and say its him i havint really had my phone but i have it now....THANKS YOU EVERONE FOR EVERYTHING AND HOPE TO SEE ALL OF U SOON....even if we have never hung out i would still love your company thanks everyone.

Visiting hours are screwy at metro...if you want to help out your nursing staff you should post up the times so it's not hectic during non-visitation hours, or risk the chance of many people getting turned away! Hope you get your foot in the right direction on your way to recovery man.

Glad to see your on here Scott. I don't know you, but I'm def thinking about you. Stay strong and positive!

Damn-- I haven't been on in a few days, and I just saw this post. I'm no less than sickened by it. I'm assuming that he got tripped up in the section closest to the food area...

This is the kind of $h!t that makes me think twice or three times about riding bikes. I love to ride, but damn... this sucks. I watch what I do, and stick to riding on easy tracks-- it's that or not ride at all. You hope that you've calculated your risks to keep the ratio favorable, but you can never really be sure how even your drive to work in your car is going to go.

I hope that Scott pulls through this with no permanent damage. He'll be on my mind. --Tony C.

my hours are different than everyone elses....u are aloud to come anytime as long as you arent loud thanks again to everyone

Hello all, this is day 8 things are moving along. Started therapy and staying strong. Very positive and a great attitude! He is totally amazing! Please continue to pray for him and continue to send all happy thoughts. This is all he has been doing so please keep the post coming. THANK YOU for all the support and prayers, The Scarvelli's

Back