ktm 150 sx

if u wanna do well in the plus 25 class at lorettas dont waste your time on a 150, its mostly x pros who know how to get starts, u might be fast on that 150 but youll be towards the rear coming around the first corner eating nothing but 450 roost.

You're too busy buying jet skis. And everything else your credit card will approve.

ya right i dont touch credit cards. my bad for workin my ass off 24/7 ;)

yeah i got another 6 weeks or so til this collarbone heals at least. i want to get rid of the yamaha but dont want to til i got a replacement in the garage.. and so far not having any luck finding anything. worst case i go pick up a 4 stroke but trying not to!!

that 200 looks sick i bet its a beast

thumbGeorge%20Baker%20-%20Lonely%20Boy.jpg

Georgie I didn't know you were going for LL sorry. These guys are right, the 150 although plenty fast and
a lot of fun won't be the best LL bike for the +25 class.

The yz 125 isnt a real good bike if anyone knows Derek Everett #328 he had a yz 125(144) and about every other race it would blow up. The 150 for LL on the +25 class ight not be the greatest choice, mostly depends on the rider. lighter bike but less horsepower. Last year Kilgore finished 21st Robbie Reynard won and most of the class is 450s. But then again like smith says look how Jones did down there on the 125. Its all in the rider. so who knows what could happen. But in all its a nice bike.

Let's not kid ourselves here.......... comparing Dave Jones KX 125/144 win in the VET B/C class is a lot different than running in the +25 class at Loretta Lynns. The speed difference / skill difference in those 2 classes is night and day different. The +25 class has a lot of very FAST riders from age 25 - 39 in it that were at one time qualifying for the professional outdoor nationals. Look at last year's +25 results to see that David Kilgore (local rider who tried running nationals a few years ago) finished 21st overall with 22-20-21 scores........... That just goes to show you how deep and fast that field really is going.

Georgie needs to get the best bike he can afford to race if he wants to try to go to the show......... a 250 stroke won't hold him back power wise and be relatively inexpensive to maintain / ride for a few years. But the best choice for that class is a 450 if you can afford it and handle the bike........... that is why 99% of the riders are riding that bike in that class.

+1. boo on you captain dave. 125 in +25 = bringing a sling shot to a gun fight.
hijack. I'm waiting for it. somebody got lap times.......

I am with everyone else on this one. If your going to LL, you better buy at least a 250 2 stroke. A 150 just is not going to get it.

baker to put it to u easily iv road every bike ktm has to offer, and the 150 was one of my favorites, its like a 125 when it comes to shifting it but it feels way more powerful than a 250f, but honestly i think if ur planning on running at LL get a 250 2 stroke, fun fast and reliable

Well after watching this:

http://www.vurbmoto.com/theatre/1113/plus-25-moto-2-uncut/

And paying particular attention to ''sounds.'' I probably have a better chance of surviving a gunshot to the head than staying on the lead lap with a 150.

Looks like if I want a light weight nimble 2 stroke, then I better just keep it to the weekend local warrior status, or continue with the pro practicing scene.

Or...get a 450 and really whip my arse into shape and maybe hope to post a 29th in one moto. But a 2 stroke lite isn't gonna get me anywhere but back to my garage. And I doubt i'll be able to stay on the lead lap at that. Probably better off just rippin out my career and putting some money in the bank for retirement and give up this amatuer national crap. It doesn't do anything for you at my age now except take a chunk out of the pocket book.

Back