Briarcliff Reloads 4-9 & 4-10

Better than last Sunday by far, still soft though. Had a couple injuries today Mark Kvamm came up short on the double (the new one by the trees) in the bottom after the long double, he took the bars to the face pretty hard. Hopefully he is home resting. Unfortunately Terry Barnes is at Grant for surgery, at least thats the last I heard. Possibly a couple vertabrae, and ribs. He has full movement though. Uphill triple was where his crash occurred.

Guys a word about safety here. The track gonna is not going to be perfect all day. Its going to continue to change and develop, you as a rider need to recognize these changes, and adapt your riding to overcome the changes to the track. If you dont feel as though the tracks are safe, you should not ride them. DO NOT ATTEMPT ANYTHING THAT APPEARS UNSAFE TO YOU. What we do is very dangerous. i think everyone needs to take a step back and consider, or possibly reconsider what we are doing here. If anyone one here feels that our sport is 100% safe, you have buffalo'd yourself. Please ride within your limits. Or dont ride at all, maybe you should be waiting till it firms up?????

Im just about ready to bag the rest of April, possible May. It should firm up by June. We'll see how I feel in the morning.

Jeremy, we understand your concerns. You said it in your post though. The riders need to ride within their limits. Please don't shut down. Practice on soft tracks is good practice. Motocross will not have perfect track conditions ever. It is how the sport is. Ppl need to just realize that when the track is soft, they might not be able to do everything on it.

I hope the riders that were injured are ok.

I would like make something clear here, none of the above was directed toward Mark V and Terry Barnes, both are very good riders, that had a crash. That stuff happens, its riding. It happens to all of us sooner or later, allot of us have just been dodging the big bullet for awhile. Rosch hit it on the head, not every jump is meant to be done in all conditions. Just think about it out there. The above was meant for the guys who are voicing the opinion about how soft it is. That tells me that they dont know how to handle it, so they want me to harness the power of the sun and wind to magically change the soil. And I cannot do that. Common sense. Ride smart. You are riding the bike, not me.

Open at 11:00, burnt to much fuel and broke too much crap to close now.

Damn you're up early bro! ;)

Well said and makes sense. I rode so like a C rider...or maybe like Malcom as D rider just to keep from being rubber side up yesterday I felt. Guess I've learned from past experience, eh? ;) You know how it is though JO Show, Ohio peeps expecially, we like the perfectly prepped track, no matter the conditions and if we don't get it, we whine. Expecially your place bro. It's the bomb digity. We like it....um, maybe more. :)

See ya in a bit OK?

Well I thought the tracks were in great shape yesterday! It's been a long time since I have ridden, and back then nobody did the track prep that you had done for a practice. I had ALOT of riding rust and demoted myself to the "C" track in the middle of the day...... Can't wait to get back to speed and be out there (will be so much easier at speed).

'Twas good, at least for me all weekend. Challenging tracks, but what is a rider to expect in April? Today was premo early. Woulda been better if not for some mild arm pump and tired hands. Although I'm better than ever in the rutty stuff, I still clinch the grips a lil' too hard. Rusty from no riding all winter. I'm spent, but feel like I accomplished something.

Had to be the biggest crowd ever today...at least close. One major mishap today ended a dudes day. Hope he'll be OK. Be careful out there everyone. Take it down a notch....It's early in the season....

Thanks for all you do JO Show. See ya need week!! :)

Well, First off, I'd like to thank everyone who supported us this weekend. We set a new single day record (full price day) with 284. And even with such a high number you would think everything great, but watching Fred Rosch's crash today just kills my enthusiasm. If anyone has an update on him, Terry Barnes, or Mark Kvamme, please post it. I think that the uphill triple is just too technical right now. I have seen a slew of guys doing it, no problem, including two quads today, but in two instances I saw something go wrong. And I'm not into choppers, and squad runs. So, I worked after most had left, and I laid the take off down and pulled back. Dropped the height of it, and stretched the landing back. I also rounded the table before it. So, for all the real fast guys, your gonna need to take a hard look at it to get your speed right. For us normal folks, we need to do the same, but think its closer to last year's model. Be careful out there.

Thanks so much for a fantastic mx playground ! The ruts were fantastic even though I am still shaking off the winter tightness. I hope Fred is ok, I had heard in the pits he was moving everything so lets hope that is true. As for the triple, I even though I wasnt doing it today it felt like the take off (like most today) was spongy and it wanted to kick your back end up. I really dont think if it were dried up it would be much more difficult than last years version.

Keep up the great work ! Try only to listen to us that appreciate your efforts !

Jeremy everytime I've been to your track (its a far far drive for me) its been one of the best tracks and the most kept up with in maintence and safety. Its always a challenge which is good. Hopefully I can make it out this year but with my shoulder operation I will be out for a good little bit. Hopefully the riders that wrecked are both alright, bad things happen in the sport of motocross with injuries.

Fred doesnt have any broken bones. had a very bad concussion, still going in and out of it though. earlier today, he knew his name but didnt know the date or where he was (at the hospital) doctors took tests of him, but havent got the results back yet. there were 9 traumas within an hour when he got there, so they were busy. ill let you guys know more when i find out

imoto23- That is Great so far, considering. Hopefully, thats all it is! The 911 guy was like whats hurt?, I said: "It doesn't matter, send the squad now". To be honest, with him being out so long, nobody could tell what was hurt. Definitely a scary moment, I dont need to see anything like that again. Not that the triple is crash proof, but if I hear one more panic rev in that area, I'm probably going to have to start drinking beer again.

I'm working on safety plan this week. Not that I feel that we are unsafe in our practices, because if you compare the volume of riders per incident, we are far safer than any other place that I have ridden. But this last weekend was not fun for me, it has to change. I think we need limit the number of riders on both the C track and the Big track at one time to start. Once we hit a capacity, guys are just gonna have to wait til it thins out. Possibly 15-20 minute groups with a max at 50 for the big track, and 40 for the C track. And absolutely no A level riders on the c track. Next time we stop to prep, I will be over there. If you look fast, you need to take a break while we prep.

Just my thoughts.

Me, Rich, Vinnie, Randy, and everyone in the whole D.D.S crew had a blast! Thanks for the enduring effort J.O.!

...I am still shaking off the winter tightness....

True dat! Man, I feel like I pulled a Kenworth down I-70 today. Funny how "gym fitness" doesn't necesaarily translate into "riding fitness". It helped me no doubt, but I think I used every muscle I didn't get to over the winter.

I feel good though. No pain, no gain, right? Well, in some cases. Hope the best for the those injured over the weekend. Hope they heal up soon!!

I'm working on safety plan this week. Not that I feel that we are unsafe in our practices, because if you compare the volume of riders per incident, we are far safer than any other place that I have ridden. But this last weekend was not fun for me, it has to change. I think we need limit the number of riders on both the C track and the Big track at one time to start. Once we hit a capacity, guys are just gonna have to wait til it thins out. Possibly 15-20 minute groups with a max at 50 for the big track, and 40 for the C track. And absolutely no A level riders on the c track. Next time we stop to prep, I will be over there. If you look fast, you need to take a break while we prep.

Just my thoughts.

Sounds very reasonable. As you already know, you can't please everyone, and I'm sure people will complain, but thanks for keeping safety in your mind. Personally, I am all for it!

On your saftey plan, it sounds very reasonable.... I am used to roadracing now and we had a system similar to what you are talking about.

Let's face it everyone needs a break during the day and takes it whenever they feel like it, all you are doing is scheduling that break. I think that maybe you should do more of a Intermediate / Advanced type of split.... Maybe a Red sticker for Advanced and those guys get a certain track time, followed by a Blue sticker for Intermediates....... You would end the worry of the fastest guys having slower guys holding them up while practicing moto's and keep your numbers down a bit at the same time. It works out good (at least on roadcoarses).... And they use 3 splits for (beg / Inter / advance).

It would take some people time to get used to, but how many guys are truely riding from 11-5 without stopping?

yes it was scary. i didnt even know it was him that crashed, i just figured he pulled off the track to wait. then josh said it was him. i havent heard yet though how hes doing today. hopefully ill talk to josh in a little bit and find out.

but i think it would be a very good idea to separate riders. maybe even just do like A/B, C, then quads. that might work better than just limiting people on the track. but any way works to make it safer.

Back