Briarcliff Reloads 4-9 & 4-10

As for the safety plan and what bstranahan the colors are an idea but when i went to florida they had a old traffic light by the entrance and had red for pro and yellow for intermediate and green for beginners. It worked out very well and never had no problems with anyone. Just a thought and maybe it would work!!! Maybe you could do A/B for red and beginner for yellow and green for quads. They also had people have stickers on their helmet with there color and the name of the track.

I thought that is the reason JO has multiple tracks. The A/B track shouldn't have C level riders to begin with. On most normal days the amount of riders isnt as much of an issue as it was yesterday so I think " Why all the hub bub ........ bub." Way too many people like myself trying to get back into the swing of riding outdoors. A few bad accidents yes, but give it some time and let the weather straighten out and it will all be back to normal !

just because you're a C rider, doesnt mean you need to be on the C track though. its not really what class you're in. cause i ride the big track and jump everything there but the finish line and the triple. but yet, im not an A rider? (B maybe) so should i still have to be on the C track?

The A/B track shouldn't have C level riders to begin with.

What about the C riders that Georgie is always complaining about? lol jk

well i could consider myself a C rider i guess, but i dont race that class. i have the skill of a B rider though. but that doesnt mean im gonna stop riding the A/B track. like i said, i jump everything but the triple and finish line. im not out there rolling everything like other people. so im not going to ride the C track.

well i could consider myself a C rider i guess, but i dont race that class. i have the skill of a B rider though. but that doesnt mean im gonna stop riding the A/B track. like i said, i jump everything but the triple and finish line. im not out there rolling everything like other people. so im not going to ride the C track.

If you have B rider skills then you are a B rider. End of story ! The class you chose to ride obvioulsy ( as stated by the flyin polack above !) doesnt qualify you as that designation.

Seems to be getting a little too complicated to me. Personally I don't ride the A/B track cause I can't, but if I want to make a few laps shouldn't I be entitled to do so with my entry fee? I have done a few laps on it, but I waited till 4 o'clock to do so. No crowds to run me over. IMO each track needs to have ride times for levels and or bike sizes. I would like to see the C track have some kid times, I am one of the smart parents that will not send out little Johnny during peak hours. The downside is, by the time he rides at 4 ish the track is a little too rough from the wear of the day. We do enjoy the kid tracks for fun, although not really built for miniquads, basically we just hang out till it aint busy on the big tracks and make a few laps. Accidents are going to happen on each of your tracks and will continue. Riders just have to use better judgement. It seems to me you are just growing, more and more riders are coming from all over. These new riders are unfamiliar with the track and how the tracks beat in. Motocross has become inherently more dangerous due to the speeds/power of these machines and will continue to do so. Not gonna please everybody including me, keep doing and listening and improving. By the way, loved the dozer helmet cam.

Matt

Had a couple injuries today Mark Kvamm came up short on the double (the new one by the trees) in the bottom after the long double, he took the bars to the face pretty hard. Hopefully he is home resting.

My mom called me asking about this guy, his crash made the evening news. Mark is a prominent public official.

I thought Marks' occupation and past in the motocross racing scene to be very interesting. You just never know who you're banging bars with out there.
--------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Kasich's director of job creation Kvamme to undergo surgery after motocross accident
Monday, April 11, 2011 01:00 PM
By Joe Vardon
The Columbus Dispatch

markkvamme.jpg

Director of job creation Mark Kvamme is a motocross enthusiast.
Mark Kvamme will have surgery Wednesday to repair a facial injury suffered Saturday morning in a motocross accident, Ohio Gov. John Kasich said today.
Kvamme, Kasich's director of job creation, is still recovering at the Ohio State University Medical Center from what the governor and Kasich administration officials described as a "serious" crash.
Kasich said Kvamme will undergo surgery to repair the ocular bone under his eye. The governor said Kvamme suffered no paralysis or loss of eyesight.
"He's just going to be great, and I'm so thankful because it could've turned out a lot differently," Kasich said this morning.
An employee at the OSU Medical Center said Kvamme was not listed as a patient there, but Kasich said he and Ohio State President E. Gordon Gee were among Kvamme's visitors yesterday at the hospital.
Kasich said he thought Kvamme would be released from the hospital by the end of the week. He said Kvamme made business calls this morning and would be back to work soon.
The accident happened at Briarcliff MX in Nashport on Saturday. Kasich said Kvamme, a motocross enthusiast, was wearing a helmet and other protective equipment when he "smashed" his "face on the motorcycle."
"Basically, he's a motocross guy," Kasich said. "He does these big jumps, and he jumped, and he didn't jump far enough, and that's exactly what happened to him."
Kvamme previously owned a motocross team and a series of motorcycle dealerships in California. Kasich said Kvamme was also involved in a serious skiing accident a few years ago.
"If you ask me if I think he'll stop riding his motorcycle, I doubt it. That's just the way he is," Kasich said.
jvardon@dispatch.com

Each trip I make to the GRAND POOOBAH OF MOTOCROSS TRACKS, when I pull into the pits, I am a struggling C rider. But by quiting time, I was the fastest damn B rider out there. Just ask me, I'll tell you! (pathetic ! ! !).

I am working on sessions, and the amount of riders need to necessitate them. Here's what Im doing regardless. I am printing general rules, and posting them at each track entrance; Big Track, C Track, and Mini Track. The pee wee track is patroled by parents, their rules are tougher than mine. I would advise that everyone read the rules, and follows them. I'm operating on a one strike rule, one warning and thats it, hit the road. Far too much reckless riding on the C track. Thats over. There will be sign indicating that A riders are not allowed on the C track. I would suggest you avoid the C track if your an A rider, you have no business out there. I will make an example out of you if I catch you on it. Likewise, parents reign in your 50-65cc rider. They dont belong on the Big Track...ever. Its an 85cc and up track because I said so. Dont even try to argue with me about it, your stay at BC will be brief.

I will say this, at this time the sessions appear to be the following:

Big Track - A/B (fast group), C's (intermediate), 85/supermini, and Quad
C track - Big Bike, Big Quad, 85/supermini, 65/50's and we may even have to run a couple sessions of a particular group if they exceed the max capcity of the track (Yet TBD).

I dont think we'll need sessions from jump street till 5:00. Probably just noon to three thirty, but we'll see how it goes.

I think your doing a great job Jeremy. Just remember you can't make any rules to protect people from themselves, lack off common sense, or poor judgment, and just plain bad luck.
God knows I'm speaking from Life experiences on all acounts.

I just want to be the first to say, "by self proclamation", (I am the fastest guy in the Crows nest)! Possibly in my folding chair also, when my tent is up and providing proper shelter. I will do my best not to be a hazard to myself or others. Just promise you won't start sessions for the crows nest.

im not as fast as B riders is the only problem, which is why i would consider myself a C rider.

but i think that separation you've set up will work out very good. i think everyone will be much more happy and feel better when they come to the track and know they wont always have to ride with the top dogs

If you have B rider skills then you are a B rider. End of story ! The class you chose to ride obvioulsy ( as stated by the flyin polack above !) doesnt qualify you as that designation.

I tried to reply to a quote but screwed it up...I was just being a smart a$$.

Seriously, I ride a lot of tracks with slow people(being slower than me is rough) and it is never an issue if they hold their line throughout the track. The issue is when they are looking back and trying to "get out of the way" in an attempt to be safe.

If a C rider is to advance to B...there needs to be a time when they take the leap and try to get out there and go for it. THis will always cause issues with disrespectful riders who dont realize that they once were a beginner also.

Just my 2 cents.

I am working on sessions

It's great to see BC so successful it needs sessions. If you're really going to do this you can pull it off without much overhead at all. A simple session format is just to flip flop AB and C sessions on each track. You just need a couple people to work the track entrances. Hand out the schedule and stickers at the gate. Motoland runs 4 classes on two tracks and has the entire day mapped out and it works flawlessly. As you can see in this simple example below you still get to ride the entire day without a break, just with guys your own speed:

Track 1: 12:00 - 12:30 AB
12:30 - 1:00 C
1:00 - 1:30 AB
1:30 - 2:00 C

Track 2: 12:00 - 12:30 C
12:30 - 1:00 AB
1:00 - 1:30 C
1:30 - 2:00 AB

To add a third class just cut the times down to 20 minute motos giving everyone a 20 minute break each hour.

I think it's important to keep both tracks in sync. You don't want rholes sitting around too long without a track to ride. Just my $.02. Take it for what it's worth.

I tried to reply to a quote but screwed it up...I was just being a smart a$$.

Seriously, I ride a lot of tracks with slow people(being slower than me is rough) and it is never an issue if they hold their line throughout the track. The issue is when they are looking back and trying to "get out of the way" in an attempt to be safe.

If a C rider is to advance to B...there needs to be a time when they take the leap and try to get out there and go for it. THis will always cause issues with disrespectful riders who dont realize that they once were a beginner also.

Just my 2 cents.

Apparently the general consensus among the fast guys is that C riders "have no place" on the A track. So us slower guys are either supposed to chuck ourselves at the big jumps within 5 laps and hope for the best, or stick to the C track (which I think at times can be less safe than the A track). Practice to me is exactly that.. practice. I go on the big track and can't jump everything my first lap. Hell not even on my 20th lap. But I'm there to practice. Get my comfort levels up, and then work on the track a jump at a time. If practicing isn't allowed at the cliff, I suppose I would have to go elsewhere. I thought my $20 was as good as the next guys. Don't get me wrong, I love the cliff. I LOVE LOVE the food. Having 2 tracks + nice trails to choose from is awesome. Hopefully everything gets sorted out in the long run.

I say build one more track. :) Seriously, this is a good thing, it means you're getting known more. I'm sure Jeremy knew this day would come, sessions. Plan on sessions, then when attendance is low you can raise the free for all flag!

i like the idea of splitting times for both tracks and giving everyone a chance to ride both tracks. it has been the best suggestion i have heard so far..because I'm an average rider and would like to try the pro track out, but i dont because i dont wanna get ran over by some of them pros that are out there..if it is split up in sessions on both tracks then everyone would get there moneys worth and be satisfied.

Back