New Riding Facility – Market Survey

GeorgiePorgie

PR Founding Father
25-35 minutes from myself. It's a gamble, you would have to really dress the track up and make it look wonderful to entice the PA and southern Ohio riders to make the trek with the cost of gas sky rocketing.

TBO

PR Addict
Agree with mooch and the others about central Ohio, no tracks in this area. Lots of riders though. I know their are a ton of great tracks in the nw corner of the state meaning more competition.

wow. i live about 3 minutes from the intersection of 44 & US 422, so obviously my input is biased, but a practice track in that location would be amazing.

I know of at least 10 riders within a 4 mile radius of that location that would be regulars. I would be an every weekend attendant. - ****, i would help you build the track

The area is void of many housing developments and US 422 is a great, easy, smooth roadway that would bring in plenty of riders from central ohio to PA.

I do know that former Cleveland Browns QB Bernie Kosar owns a lot of property around the US 422 & SR 44 area that was recently being foreclosed upon. Wonder if there is any relation?

iMoto23

PR Member
of course, another track.. not near me! geeze i live in such an awful location!! closest track to me, apple cabin or smith road about 40 mins east... i think its time i move...

mswartz

PR Addict
Having practice in the evenings with lights would be a big difference. Im a harescramble guy so I havnt been to many tracks lately but, Im pretty sure they dont offer practice in the evenings when the people who work have the free time. That is a pretty rural area next to a freeway so I doubt noise complaints would be too big of an issue in the evenings. I think I remember pymatuming having lights but its so far away.

I know of a local electrical contractor who grew up in that area that Im sure would give you a really good deal on setting up the electrical needs. Diversified Maintenance and Building. He is one of my sponsors so he is all for our sport. 330 389 1143. Ill probably be the one installing the stuff if this happens. lol

BriarcliffMx

PR Founding Father
I wouldnt worry about quad vs bike nonesense. Just take what you can get at first. It will go as fast as you can make it. Every dollar counts.

mswartz

PR Addict
I agree on quads having their own practice days. Quad guys are their own seperate thing. They ruin lines for us bike guys and we ruin lines for them, but they are still riders in the big picture. Keep them seperate and all will be happy. Ive seen up to 1000 quads at a GNCC adding up the total morning race and afternoon race. Quads are a huge market in this industry.

iZapp

PR Member
Us Mentor guys would love a place to ride that isn't 1+ hrs away. "Build it, and they will come." Only recommendation (personal view) is that to maximize your turnouts, at least one track should be designed with B-C ability level in mind. The hard core A-riders will still have fun and can find other more challenging venues if not enough, but guessing that 75%+ of your market is recreational non-racers and B-C racers.

GeorgiePorgie

PR Founding Father
you know.....there's too many tracks in north east ohio. ? You might pull more riders if you build southwest of columbus. The weather will be nicer at the beginning of the year and you might be able to run longer a couple weeks towards the end. The weather up here is unpredictable...like this year...completely sucks and is a swamp fest, but 2 hours south crow canyon claims to have no mud.

although holeshot racing tomorrow night should be a good one, that track drains exceptionally well...

jsnjthn

PR Member
I agree with build it,they will come. I live in Vermilion,the closest track to me is Meodowlarks,but I don't have a membebrship there. Every other track in Ohio is close to two hours away or more,yet I still make the drive. That is whenever my schedual alows it.