To the staff at Crows

#23_Racing

PR Addict
Well it was our 1st trip to this track and would say they run a pretty good race, everyone was nice they laid it all out at riders meeting and has some of the best flagging I have seen besides mini o's. Great job track crew and staff. Just a real fun weekend.

Our first visit too....track was fun. Good people at the track...Kip was good at riders meeting form the AMA. Races ran very good...we will be back to ride in the future. Scottie looked good racing. Jack had fun ..was a little discouraged with his results. A lot of fast riders on Saturday.

Yes it rained. The first moto's were a challenge. Rained off and on most of the way thru the first moto's.
Tracked looked to come around for the second moto's though. Unfortuantely for us our day was done after a couple crashes and then AJ did a nasty high side and brusied his thigh pretty good. He just wasn't himself today.
Maybe try a again at Fast Trax not sure. Bummed

Maybe they were good Friday and Saturday. I was not there, but I know I will not be back there again for another qualifier. Their so called "old school" signup sucks. It takes wayy to long to signup to race. I got there at 7:30 and I couldn't even make it out for my practice, and they ran out of LLQ papers so they had to make some more and you couldn't signup without them? But every other track can do it. I mean there's no reason you shouldn't have enough of thoes. I went 2 years ago for their qualifier and it was really good. They had the computer signups and everything. I don't know what happened..

All in all ….considering the adverse weather conditions, Crow put on a very nice event Sunday.
In the A.M the track was sweet!…. A/B practice was out first and I was in the second group. It had sprinkled a little overnight but Crow crew had the track packed down tight with only the first inch or so grated. Blasting around the three lap practice held hope that maybe the day would become a moto dream day. Unfortunately the superb track only lasted another 10 minutes before it started raining.
Through the day the tack held up well. The packed down surface gave enough traction to allow for good racing!…..Think a little slick, but not a sticky- gooey muck. The turns got some monster ruts to help out with direction change and provide for massive mistake possibilities. The straights and hills were never ending bombed out sharp, bike deflecting holes. The racing was actually Killer with good battles in some pretty full classes. Saw many names that had come from different states to make their way to the Red Bud Regional.
I guess the guys that do race on days like this are really here to race!
The day went smooth…….Flagging was good and consistent. They would wait for the track to clear before sending out the next motos for safety. A dead bike transport was being utilized and the announcer would keep us updated…..good job Crow!

I had not been to Crow since the last Area Qually i went to there some 6 or 8 years ago and i will say that they did a really good job on the track!! With all the rain that we got the track turned out really good, heck my 2nd set of motos the track was as good as if the track was just disc and watered throughout the day! The layout was fun and it was good to ride a different track instead of the same old boring D11 stuff. I have to agree though that thte sign up was a complete joke on Sunday. Maybe they didn't expect that many riders but it definately could have been handled much better!!

A Message to Treddick104

Maybe they were good Friday and Saturday. I was not there, but I know I will not be back there again for another qualifier. Their so called "old school" signup sucks. It takes wayy to long to signup to race. I got there at 7:30 and I couldn't even make it out for my practice, and they ran out of LLQ papers so they had to make some more and you couldn't signup without them? But every other track can do it. I mean there's no reason you shouldn't have enough of thoes. I went 2 years ago for their qualifier and it was really good. They had the computer signups and everything. I don't know what happened..

I apologize for the issues that you encountered at sign up. LLQ papers are sent by mxsports and I questioned only having 500 of them, but then we heard that NONE of the other area qualifiers had sold more than that, so I didn't expect it to be an issue. This was my fault and I take responsibility for it. I know that because of it, those that came later had to endure some confusion and a longer than normal wait time to sign up on Sunday, again I apologize to all for this.

With all of that said... Sign up opened at 6AM - Mandatory Riders Meeting at 7:30 - Practice at 8:00 - Did you really think that you could get an AMA card, do paperwork for LL Qualifier, sign up, and get ready for practice in 30 minutes at an Area Qualifier?
Maybe something unforseen happened that you couldn't come earlier, but I suggest next time at any qualifier, you try to be there earlier. That doesn't excuse registration for the issues, just some helpful advice. I also know that they ran 2 full late practices after sign up closed, b/c of the delay at registration - I really hope you made it to one of them.

So here is the thing... There is more to a qualifier than the time you had to spend at sign up - Please don't judge the facility or event, just because you had a bad experience at sign up. All of the workers at Crow worked their behinds off and I was really happy with the job that everyone did.. I hope despite the issue at sign up on Sunday, you had a great time racing!

We would love to see you again in hopes that we can make things right with you!

Connie
Registration

A few weeks back when we were at the Casey LL Area Qualifier sign-up ran out of forms on Sunday as well……

well worded Connie. I showed up at 7 and it took me until like 10 min til 8 to get signed up. Little confusing at first but I expected it to take more than the typical 10 min that youd spend in line at a regular local race.

well worded Connie. I showed up at 7 and it took me until like 10 min til 8 to get signed up. Little confusing at first but I expected it to take more than the typical 10 min that youd spend in line at a regular local race.

That wasn't the case on Friday, Saturday, or Sunday... til about 7am when the forms ran out! We had everyone signed up within 15 minutes of them getting to registration all weekend, until we ran out of those forms and they had to start duplicating them...
Curse those forms!!!

The weather changed the dynamics of registration.. Normally at the Qualifier there are people waiting at 6am! But b/c of the rain it was almost 6:40 b/f we had a line! I think that people hesitated... they looked at the weather channel ONE more time and had one more cup of coffee b/f making a decision about racing in the mud. ONLY the best of the best can ride in those conditions - hats off to all of you!

Racing wasn't delayed, we got everyone signed up in the correct classes and scored correctly - MBair, Was sign up a complete joke or was it that you had to wait for that qualifier form, that made the whole process seem bad? What a bummer.. I hate to see anyone unhappy with our services.

Connie

Perhaps you should have gotten there a little earlier.

So basicaly you were late? Sounds to me like you are trying to place blame on someone else for your mistake.

That wasn't the case on Friday, Saturday, or Sunday... til about 7am when the forms ran out! We had everyone signed up within 15 minutes of them getting to registration all weekend, until we ran out of those forms and they had to start duplicating them...
Curse those forms!!!

The weather changed the dynamics of registration.. Normally at the Qualifier there are people waiting at 6am! But b/c of the rain it was almost 6:40 b/f we had a line! I think that people hesitated... they looked at the weather channel ONE more time and had one more cup of coffee b/f making a decision about racing in the mud. ONLY the best of the best can ride in those conditions - hats off to all of you!

Racing wasn't delayed, we got everyone signed up in the correct classes and scored correctly - MBair, Was sign up a complete joke or was it that you had to wait for that qualifier form, that made the whole process seem bad? What a bummer.. I hate to see anyone unhappy with our services.

Connie

I wasn't complaining at all if you were thinking that I was!! My point was that I expected delays... due to it being a qualifier plus the weather. So thats why I got in line close to 7 instead of 7:45 like I typically would for anything else lol...

it was more running out of the forms than anything else. But the thing that got me was that there was only 1 lady in the trailer copying the forms and like 3 or 4 ladies in the other bldg waiting for the forms. Would have made more sence to me to have people helping in the trailer. My main concern was that they kept saying there would be only one practice while i was still in line waiting to get my forms. The guys down at the line let me have 3 laps of late practice which was cool. Wasn't a huge deal and i am sure that it was a much bigger pain for you ladies in sign up also than it was for me.

Hats off to the AES crew, and the sign up crew! I thought sign ups were a breeze ( maybe that was bc connie let me cut the line ;)) but in all i think they did a great job all weekend with not knowing what the weather was going to do or how many ppl to expect. The track was well considering the weather conditions and also helped separate riders which made for some good racing!

Elizabeth City, Doublin Gap, Windy Hills: swipe, hit the keys, show your minor release card, then get your printed forms, done. I thought all AMA qualifiers had the computer system. Makes life simpler and faster.

At the GNCC's I expect to be in line for at least an hour at every event, and that is with computer systems and 5 ladies working the lines. Its just how it is...

Back