Neck Braces YES/ NO

No neck brace, just a FLY convertable chest protector. Literally saved me four times in the last four years. Four trips over the bars landing either on my head or on my back, and only bruised ribs and or lung. I like the way they have a raised back in the middle ala roadracer leathers. JMHO

Yes, I wear the EVS Evolution, and i am a beliver in that they work from a hard spill i took and landed on my head an shoulder. i think it saved me

I broke my femur b/c of my knee braces, and I continue to wear them. Other than a limp sometimes, it doesn't hinder me from walking though. Apples to oranges.

I broke my femur b/c of my knee braces, and I continue to wear them. Other than a limp sometimes, it doesn't hinder me from walking though. Apples to oranges.

What is apples to oranges???? Transferring the injury from one thing to another???? Isn't that what we are talking about here........ transferring the injury from the higher neck to the spine between the shoulder blades??? And are you 100% sure that the knee braces transferred the load to your femur and caused the break, or are you just supposing that to be true......... did your doctor (that you don't believe anyway) tell you that??? Did you run scientific tests on legs to see that the amount of force required to break your femur was exceeded by your style knee brace before it would break? Is that a good trade off or bad one?

I don't get the whole point.......... It's a load transfer device and you guys aren't happy where it transfers the load.......... buy a different one then or don't wear one. Personal choice just like wearing knee braces is........

Can we beat this dead horse any more???

do you guys wear one of these too? unproven to do what they claim. but if theres any chance, you better use it right?
balance-bracelet.jpg

atleast they dont potential harm you.

What is apples to oranges???? Transferring the injury from one thing to another???? Isn't that what we are talking about here........ transferring the injury from the higher neck to the spine between the shoulder blades??? And are you 100% sure that the knee braces transferred the load to your femur and caused the break, or are you just supposing that to be true......... did your doctor (that you don't believe anyway) tell you that??? Did you run scientific tests on legs to see that the amount of force required to break your femur was exceeded by your style knee brace before it would break? Is that a good trade off or bad one?

I don't get the whole point.......... It's a load transfer device and you guys aren't happy where it transfers the load.......... buy a different one then or don't wear one. Personal choice just like wearing knee braces is........

Can we beat this dead horse any more???

Endoed into a jump landing, Boot stuck into edge of brand new sharp pegs, top of knee brace againts handle bar when I hit into the jump. Sinse my foot wasn't sliding off the leg, something has to give, and my knee wasn't going to bc of the braces. I'd say my knee brace caused it. Would I do it again? yup. b/c I don't want knees like dmx153!

The apples to oranges comment is like 314 said. If knee braces, boots, etc., break you, they don't have the same effect on your life as the possible injury from a neck brace. Seeing as helmets have testing standards b/c of the impact they can have on your life, doesn't it make sense to have testing for neck braces?

If you run over your foot on a dirtbike while wearing tennis shoes, it's going to hurt. Guaranteed break? Depends. If you land on your head while wearing a neck brace- guaranteed break? Death? Same thing. It depends. I spent all my money on my bike, so I don't have one. We'd use them if we had them. Just in case.

I have tryed kneck and knee braces.
I personally prefer No kneck brace, no knee brace, no chest proctector, unless there are some super huge rocks.
I just like to be able to roll naturally like George says, plus I dont have to be all bulky and feel like i cant move around. Ive Been hit in the square in the boy's with huge rocks and Im sure others have, but we dont wear cup's for fear of losing our junk. LOL I just think that whats going to happen is going to happen. I could slip on a patch of ice, fall and break my back. Its all preference.

Haven't been on here in awhile, but I've been reading this, so I'll just give my opinion. I bought the EVS neck brace the week it came out. I bought my size according to weight (can't remember if its S or M atm, probably S), and I have a real hard time getting it to fit properly at first (probably wasn't tested or designed to fit well on females..). I had to tighten the most it goes, and I had to add a thing to connect the front of the neck brace to my chest protector, because it comes up and bothers the soft spot of my neck. However, wearing it while riding after that change was made it doesn't even feel like it is there. Yeah, sitting at the line or whatever and you try to turn your head certain ways its hard but I don't notice while riding.

Recently I went trail riding, and used a hydration pack thing, and it was just to bulky with everything on, so I rode without it. It was a nice change.

Now a week or so ago, my boyfriend who has the Alpinestars bionic neckbrace, took a pretty nasty spill (no one actually saw it and he got knocked out) and it was clear by the destruction of his helmet that he went headfirst into the ground. The result was a broken shoulder and a concussion. He hasn't really had other bad crashes to compare to if whether or not he'd have gotten other broken bones.

So here, more experiences to draw opinions from. I will continue wearing my brace if I'm out on a mx track, in the woods I probably won't. The neck brace concept I think does need some more testing..

good thing mike had his neck brace on. it for sure saved him. only suffered a concussion.
<iframe src="http://www.youtube.com/embed/xI9-AHcTN1o" allowfullscreen="" frameborder="0" height="390" width="640"></iframe>

HOLY ****!! My buddy told me alessis get off was bad but holy ****!!! I really feel bad for him, it seems he cant get a break. He has finally told his dad to back off a little and is doing his own thing. He gets back on the 450 instead of the 350 and sets the fastest qualifying lap... then this..... it just seems its almost one thing after another for mike. Sucks because I really think he could be a force outdoors.

Back