Warrior Dash at 330??!!!!?

I crossed the line at 38:52.75 minutes.
Placed 134th out of 289 in the 45-50 age group.

Could of came in 3-4 minutes sooner but stopped and waited for my brother a couple of times and helped a couple of struggling warriors at an obstacle or two.

With 9836 runners on Saturday, I just wanted to have fun, but when I ran, I gave it all I had.
There was another 9782 entrants on Sunday as well.

I'll post some more pic's in next day or so.
Some funny people out there!

What?????? Ten Thousand people did this locally???????
Hey Jeremy…..to hell with the bikes and quads……Soak BC down and let the “warriors” run around in the mud…

Im looking to do the 330 dash, possibly with the wife. Anyone know where I could buy a cargo net?

I think I might be able to arrange a course to practice and train, maybe....

Looks more like almost 20,000 entries over the 2 days Sharc. I can't believe it.
Multiply that by their pricing structure of $45, $55, or $65 per entry depending on date received....even if every single entrant made the earliest deadline and paid $45 per entry you are talking over $850k gross for the weekend event.

You have got to be kidding me.......20,000 ....really?
Makes Rock concerts look like chump change......

Plus each vehicle pays $10 to park and you have to pay for the leg bone and any beers consumed past the first “free” one. ………I’m flabbergasted…..<O:p</O:p

Funny, when we were 7 or 8 years old and our parents wanted to send us to summer camp we already knew that this kind of make-believe was for babies and soft, city kids…...
But then we grow old….and all of a sudden jumping over a lit Coleman Stove or climbing a cargo net constitutes “warriors status” ????? WTF?<O:p</O:p

It's funny......I caught myself doing Warrior Yelps and grunting like a savage while in the thick of it with everyone else.

And your rewarded with some pretty young girl hanging a Warrior medal around your neck crossing the line.

Hoooooooaaaaaahhhhhh!

(and my wife, brother, son and his fience are determined if held again next june, were doing it again).

Looks more like almost 20,000 entries over the 2 days Sharc. I can't believe it.
Multiply that by their pricing structure of $45, $55, or $65 per entry depending on date received....even if every single entrant made the earliest deadline and paid $45 per entry you are talking over $85k gross for the weekend event.

I hated math in school, but my calculator says $"800"K gross. ( $40/head x 20,000heads )

My aunt lives in Logan, and they were told to expect 20-25k people for the weekend, and I ran the numbers when she told me that back on memorial day. I was shocked as well.

Im looking to do the 330 dash, possibly with the wife. Anyone know where I could buy a cargo net?

That's a pretty good idea Jeremy. Your woods loop would make a really good training course. And it's about the right length.

I have a very regular exercise routine and have decent cardio fitness, but after I finished the Dash Saturday, I felt better and more physically tapped than I have in a very, very long time. It was an invigorating alternative to my usual runs.

Anywhere there is a defense supply center. They do auctions about every month for surplus military stuff. There is one down here in Columbus, I will see when there next auction is.

With all this effin rain, I have had time to layout my course. Let me know on the auction, I'm in the hunt for that, and some those really big ropes. Like 2-3" od ropes. Once i get some things in order, I might do some training days. We got mud and water, now we just need some carpentry, dozer work, and various other things to make us a good training grounds. I'm fairly certain I have about 3 miles of course on paper.

Honorable mentions from Logan Dash.

Attachments

• Warrior dash G.jpg
    Warrior dash G.jpg
    100.5 KB · Views: 198
  • warrior dash L.jpg
    warrior dash L.jpg
    99 KB · Views: 170
  • Warrior dash O.jpg
    Warrior dash O.jpg
    91.8 KB · Views: 193
  • Warrior dash-E.jpg
    Warrior dash-E.jpg
    98 KB · Views: 179
  • Warrior dash-F.jpg
    Warrior dash-F.jpg
    102.1 KB · Views: 199
  • Warrior Dash J.jpg
    Warrior Dash J.jpg
    91.9 KB · Views: 191
  • Dash x-1.jpg
    Dash x-1.jpg
    103 KB · Views: 189
  • IMG_4024.JPG
    IMG_4024.JPG
    70.6 KB · Views: 181
  • IMG_4023.JPG
    IMG_4023.JPG
    80.3 KB · Views: 182
  • IMG_3871.JPG
    IMG_3871.JPG
    88.6 KB · Views: 189
  • IMG_3962.JPG
    IMG_3962.JPG
    86.6 KB · Views: 171
  • IMG_3960.JPG
    IMG_3960.JPG
    82.5 KB · Views: 186
  • IMG_3968.JPG
    IMG_3968.JPG
    83.2 KB · Views: 187
  • IMG_3973.JPG
    IMG_3973.JPG
    70.1 KB · Views: 175
  • IMG_3976.JPG
    IMG_3976.JPG
    61.4 KB · Views: 190
  • IMG_3986.JPG
    IMG_3986.JPG
    54.6 KB · Views: 170
  • Dash x-2.jpg
    Dash x-2.jpg
    100.1 KB · Views: 181
  • Dash x-3.jpg
    Dash x-3.jpg
    102.1 KB · Views: 180
  • dash x-4.jpg
    dash x-4.jpg
    103.3 KB · Views: 207
  • dash x-5.jpg
    dash x-5.jpg
    102.5 KB · Views: 184
  • dash x-6.jpg
    dash x-6.jpg
    102 KB · Views: 196
I started my warrior training today, just a simple 3 mile run. Considering I still have a cold, and I havent ran on pavement in nearly two yars, i feel accomplished. I have two leads on cargo/climbing nets. I have a course laid out on paper, just over three miles. Hopefully I can assemble it before August. I guess we'll see on the cash flow.

Back