Warrior Dash at 330??!!!!?

Surely there has to be some Pitracer people from the north-east gonna do this?
( I believe Alphado is in.)

3:00 pm saturday, was hoping to run it for fun but now my fiancee is training really hard, she wants to take the women's overall, dang it, that means I have to train too or risk her beating me, which I will never hear the end of.

Sounds like there are alot of motocross guys running this event. Its going to be a busy day, with over 10k signed up to run and another month of sign-ups left.. They are expecting a turnout of 25-30k people.. With turkey legs, a beer garden and bands playing it should be a fun event.

My son and I (Jim III and Jim Jr.) signed up for the 4:00pm wave. Gonna try this, looks like a blast!

Well today is the day! Me, the wife, Gonz are headed up this morning. Meeting the Steve "la mustachio" Pfaff there. Supposed to rain, oh wait, nobody cares about the weather in this sport. Should be a good day for hardcore people. Cant wait!

FYI - We are in the 2:30 wave.

Nancy and I were at Lowes in Heath last week, spotted a middle aged guy walking out, headed to his car. He had on a Warrior Dash T-Shirt. He was a good ways from me and heading away, I hollered "WARRIOR".

He stopped dead in his tracks, turned around, smiled, then came back and talked with us for about 20 minutes. Him and his daughter were in the same wave as my wife, son and his fiance' at Athens.

Have fun and Good Luck!

Go Warrior !

UNBELIEVABLE!

More people than a national! It took an hour to get from Carrolllton to 330. And what a challenge, way tough. Meetng with Red Bull next week.

This was one of the most fun events I have ever been to. I have only been to 330 once and I got a wicked concussion so I didn't remember much of it. The facility was awesome, the pond where they had the warrior wash was awesome, felt great to go for a swim.
315616_10150284353281909_536986908_7929456_11955433_n.jpg

I didn't get to go, I had to work. How was it getting in and out of there? Close to 11,000 competitors, that is insane!

Getting in was slow. Getting out not too bad. The thing that amazed me, that it wasn't like a football game or a big mx race, you didnt see all of the people there at one time. There were tons of people, but people were leaving almost as fast as they were coming in at one point. Some people came, ran, and left. Way more than 11,000 total. I saw lots of spectators. It was more like a concert with a running event going on.

I think the dash did a good job at the 330 event, there was water everywhere and medics out the wazoo. It is a tragedy for sure but it is clear the event is not intended for people whos conditioning is not up to par.

I had to read that twice, I didnt think anyone got seriously hurt, then I realized that was from earlier this year. I heard the worst injury was a broken ankle? Out of 11,000 runners? Thats pretty good. Same deal; know your limits!

Ya, hats off to 330!, they did very well for that sized crowd. Awesome job guys!

Boy a lot of those people crossing the finish line sure looked like.......warriors.....I guess.

960041.jpg

Back