Pre-entries are posted for Action Sports National

halffast

PR Elite
49 entries in Vintage and 41 in PV . I look for quite a few post entries but it will still be a mighty thin showing . Almost everyone in my crew is injured . I'm trying to recover from laser treatments to my eyes for my diabetic retinopathy and am having difficulty with depth perception and blurry vision . Neither of my bikes are raceready yet although the 250 might be before the race date . I really think we are going to sit this one out too . Hate to not be there to support our home AHRMA race but circumstances rule me out unless I have a stupidity attack between now and then .

I got an email response from Dave L. yesterday that I missed pre-entry.
I'll definitely still be there to race though.

We hate to not support an AHRMA race in Ohio & may post enter my daughter.

Went to pre-enter her on the new on-line registration but missed the closing date.

Between not knowing what my back will be like on any given day & having surgery on my left palm 2 weeks that left a 1-1/2" incision my chances of being on the track are very slim.
Got the stitches out yesterday but it is still a little tender.

Imagine gas being back to 4 bucks a gallon has put a damper on traveling for many.

I didn't pre-enter either. I have three bikes running now and will try to ride all three days. I won't be out there by myself, looks like my classes are the largest as usual.

Action Sports had their smallest turnout ever at last Sunday's GP and the track was about perfect. People just aren't going to the races this year. The economy, fuel costs and weather have really taken a toll.

I got some rusty spokes out today. I only had the Husky out once last year and I don't think Yamaha ever left the barn. It was fun. I should do it more often. :D

400WR.jpg

360MX.jpg

Pretty good moves for being two foot off the ground. (But I'm sure you were airborne for quite a distance).

It appears the top pic is your Husky, is the bottom your yellow tank MX360 that you raced at Smith Rd? (Assuming you got the tranny issue fixed?).

Have you raced your silver tank MX?

Closer to a foot and a half off the ground.

Top is the '74 WR 400 Husky and the bottom is the 360 that now only stays is first gear only when on the gas. It's ok, really don't need first anyway. The silver tank 360 was my first AHRMA race bike six years ago. It works but it's apart right now.

I'm at work and don't have my paperwork in front of me but I recall reading somewhere that Post entry racers "are not" included in the race order line up, but you still gate up and race as if you were, am I correct on this?

Assuming correct, then you won't be listed in the results afterward?

I wouldn't mind remaining incognito when it comes to results but I'd think if you race you are included in the results. However for example with no pre-entry you would get no consideration concerning situations like back to back motocross classes.

Thought I would jump in.
No consideration for back to back and no trophy if you're the only one in the class.
They made a really big deal about that at Gatorback and Diamond Dons.
Guess they want everyone to pre enter.

Look like we are regrettably out....

Back is acting up, did not pre-enter as we just missed the on-line closing date a few weeks back & lost
my AHRMA card. Did e-mail AHRMA this week asking for a copy but did not get a response yet.

Wish this event was a little closer as Athens is almost 200 miles one way for us or about the same as
Log Road minus the Turnpike Tolls.

On a positive note my hand healed up very quickly & the 76 250 Maico is on fire again with a fresh bore & piston
as the poor thing was so tired before it almost could not pull an up shift on flat ground.

Wish AHRMA would drop the post enter crap & let you pre-enter on-line up the day before as this is 2011 & everything is connected these days.

Hopefully with the very low turn outs they change something as even signing up under 100 riders on race day
should be a breeze. Bummer as they could almost stagger 2 or 3 gates & call it a day.

Good Luck to all who go!

I enjoyed my first AHRMA CC experience today. Even though my vintage bike ran out of gas and I ran out of gas on my PV bike. I've never been so tired riding a bike. NQ1965 past me in the PV race. He seemed to have that Kawasaki going well. Tim Shepard was flying in the expert class. And all of today's nasty weather missed Action Sports.

Glad to hear the rain didn't make things sloppy for the CC. At this point, radar is showing some rain might hit that area somewhere around 2:00 -3:00 on Saturday. If anyone was there today (Sat), please post an update on whether it rained and if it did, how the track is holding up.

I enjoyed my first AHRMA CC experience today. Even though my vintage bike ran out of gas and I ran out of gas on my PV bike. I've never been so tired riding a bike. NQ1965 past me in the PV race. He seemed to have that Kawasaki going well. Tim Shepard was flying in the expert class. And all of today's nasty weather missed Action Sports.

How'd the mx track look? Did the CC race use part of the mx track?

Vintage track was great today. They did cut out a down and up the hill section because of last night's rain. Rain today held off until after the final moto. I'm looking forward to tomorrow. My vintage bikes haven't treated me well this weekend.

ko,

Glad to hear the rain held off for a little while & hopefully it did not turn into a wash out.

How is the track as I imagine the hills in that area make for some great racing?

Are too many cross ups keeping the oil to one side in the motor!

Good luck for tomorrow!

Maico Mark

That's great news on the rain.

The Queen and I just got back to Heath from Iron Pony, it was raining steady as we exited the store, then poured monsoon-like once we made it onto 161, then stayed that way all the way to Newark. There is major flooding and standing water everywhere. It has let up but still slow and steady drizzle-rain.

Pulled up the weather channel hoping to see how much Athens county got and forecast for tomorrow. I'll be watching closely tonight and will be there bright and early unless I hear cancelled.

Loved the CC course layout and had a blast.
That down hill, up hill section was very cool, but too much hill for 3rd gear and not enough for 2nd on the KDX. Had to wind out the motor to race up it.

How was the racing today Mark?

How about it Mooch, racing tomorrow weather permitting?

Yep, I plan on going...I talked to Mosher this afternoon and he's going also.

KO,NQ...what did you think of the mx track layout? Was is it a disked in track or an old school grass track layed out with some banners?

Any more info on AHRMA handling trophies and results differently for riders who didn't pre-enter?

The racing today was good. Not for me though, my old Yamaha gave up. Too many crossups? Perhaps. lol!

The track was old school, lightly disced and the grass sections were turfed up in a hurry. Drew was going to seal the track after today's racing in case of overnight rain.

The AHRMA folks have been very laid back and accommodating. There have been enough plaques to go around. I wasn't expecting to get anything in the vintage class yesterday but recieved Ed Youngblood's John Penton book just for finishing back in the pack. They are doing trophy presentations on a podium and taking photos.

Back