Pre-entries are posted for Action Sports National

NQ1965 can we work out a deal not to release the footage:) Again I Apologize to all I almost killed

Man, this just might get me that deal I was looking for on that nice CR500.
I'm kind of anxious to get home and watch the video again.

Reviewed the video................ahemmm!
It's clear why you didn't receive the Gentlemens Sportmanship Plaque. (although I'll be studying your aggressive riding style for hours....I love it!).

Something else I noticed is that for me to get a great start on my obese Yamabus, everyone else will have to get a bad start. It does Ok, but man.....some of you guys really get up to race speed fast.

I want to deal and buy your bike. I want a big bore. I want it, I want it, I want it.

But I told myself (and the Queen) I wouldn't buy another bike until I get the four that are setting in pieces in my garage put together first.

We'll see what comes up in 2012 if you still have it.

yea it was bad ! Now keep that video to yourself!

UPDATE Front brake is now fixed !!! It seems the alignment dots (levers to cams) didn't want to work when they were in the stock location, did some moving of the levers and presto instead front brake. (for those in the first moto this will be very good news)

Thanks from Action Sports

I received an email from a rider that attended the Action Sports Vintage Nationals over the weekend. His email linked me to the chat here on Pit Racer about the event.

I just wanted to let you know that it was a lot of fun promoting this event, one of my favorites of all time!! Thanks for all of the positive comments regarding the track, prep, organization, facility etc, and thanks for all the support and appreciation during the event.

I know this was an AHRMA National and even though it was not well attended we are proud to have produced it. It looks like vintage motocross is the only National Motocross I will ever promote. But when it comes to one of our events every one is a National to us. We can't wait to host the event again next year, hopefully with better weather, and more riders.

I have been asked to promote a fall "Trans-Am" type series for vintage and post vintage riders and vet riders on modern bikes. I'd like to do this if riders would attend. Maybe I could offer a bomber class and possibly one support class for 65's, 85's, 125's, 250's, 251 to Open and a Pro class. What do you think? Would you ride?

It could be a two day event with Vintage on Saturday, Post Vintage on Sunday and all other classes would run both days. Maybe we could run a Grand Prix on Friday or before MX begins on Saturday and Sunday morning. I'm just thinking out loud. What do you think?

Thanks,
Drew Wolfe

Keeping in mind that my opinion is one coming from a 50+ vet who really doesnt care to risk my health anymore to clear triples and nail hairy rhythm sections...the thought of having a series for vet and vintage/post vintage type races on your track sounds like a great combination to me. With your track being a wide outdoor style track with some cool elevation changes, it doesnt need the all to common "do or die' style triples to be fun, which in my opinion fits well for a lot of vets whether they're on an older bike or modern bike.

Something that turned me off on attending mx races was the number of classes that eventually became incorporated into a day of racing. It got to the point where I no longer had the patience to wait around for 34 classes to run, which at times was almost a dawn to dusk kind of thing for very little actual riding time. So, in my opinion, keeping the number of classes to a realistic number or combining as many classes on the gate as possible is a good thing.

To answer your question...yes, I'd definitely participate in the "Trans-Am" type series you described.

Thanks again for all the work you put into making the AHRMA race a great time!

Wow! I'm in. And a GP too. Sounds like a perfect moto weekend. With enough notice and little promotion, turnout should be good.

Drew's backyard rules!

You get it on the calender and we'll be there.
(If it happens to fall on the same weekend as my daughters wedding I'll only be able to do two days of the three day weekend like we did last weekend.)

Do you guys think a new thread should be started on this with Drews' post?

When I get back in town I'll post up pic's that show some of the track. Maybe load up a short video.
I can't wait to ride that track again.

Just don't go there hungry and NO PIT riding for sure !!!!! Great track and very well kept,one of the nicest I've been to.

Back