Red Bud Regional

MarctheSharc

PR Founding Father
Drove up in the rain with the possibility of a cancellation of Fridays practice.
The track was packed down tight and the rain held off so a full day of riding was had.

Attachments

• IMG_1904.jpg
    IMG_1904.jpg
    100.6 KB · Views: 276
  • IMG_1906.jpg
    IMG_1906.jpg
    84.5 KB · Views: 312
  • IMG_1924.jpg
    IMG_1924.jpg
    92.8 KB · Views: 293
  • IMG_1935.jpg
    IMG_1935.jpg
    101.5 KB · Views: 284
  • IMG_1941.jpg
    IMG_1941.jpg
    101.1 KB · Views: 318
  • IMG_1822.jpg
    IMG_1822.jpg
    100.7 KB · Views: 278

MarctheSharc

PR Founding Father
more pics.

Attachments

• IMG_1815.1.jpg
    IMG_1815.1.jpg
    39.5 KB · Views: 226
  • IMG_1881.1.jpg
    IMG_1881.1.jpg
    70.9 KB · Views: 246
  • IMG_1886.1.jpg
    IMG_1886.1.jpg
    72.4 KB · Views: 217

MarctheSharc

PR Founding Father
A few guys were doing the leap, couple A guys and a couple B guys.
Big bumps and ruts. Lots of fast guys and some not so fast guys on the ground.
Rupert X here, in a full pit of motor homes.
Pro pits were closed due to some moisture.
Will give updates tomorrow....going to eat.

Scoob

PR Founding Father
Awesomous!!! Man I need to get my @$$ in gear. I so cannot wait until Vet Fest!!!

Good luck all. Haven't seen the forecast for up there, but it's pouring here.

As they say, "Go hard or go home." ;)

RocketRobin

PR Founding Father
Ok so Sharc was our photo hound for the day and taking some great pics and getting ready to get some real artistry tomorrow on race day with locations and ideas locked in worthy of magazine shoots.

First the bad news - Zman smashed his foot on lap 1 of the first practice under his foot peg in a crash and has a largely purple foot that he's limping on. He's trying to bag the whole weekend, but I won't let him. We're going to tape up the foot, use some drugs, and talk him into racing Vet B Moto 1 to see if he can tough it out. He tried valiently to ride today after the injury and couldn't stand or shift using his left foot and it wreaked havoc on his morale and confidence..... He'll be better tomorrow I keep telling him.........

Now the good news - the never ending rain this year hit last night and will hit again tonight which turned the track into a really really REALLY DEEEEEEEEP RUTS everywhere. Why is that good news? Well it slowed down all but the best Rut riders to a crawl with some practice sessions have guys down in every turn it seemed and making racing a much closer affair as no one seemed to have lots of speed. I liked it as it was super tough and fell within my specific skill set allowing me to run the pace of some of the faster Vets in the +35 and +40 classes. The Vet B/C class seemed to be crawling in practice at a snails pace.....

Good News Part 2 - The new Berg BUS made it's debut, see pic above to rave reviews from Zman and everyone else that has checked it out. Bus drives easy and now with all the fun stuff in it............. makes a great travel vehicle.

Looking forward to tomorrow.

Updates tomorrow night. I think one of the funniest things is that some people stop by on the Pit Road looking at the Hussy and ask "What kind of bike is that?" I feel like a character from "Motocrossed" on my one off custom bike that no one has seen before......... The Hussy turns some heads in the pits for sure, not let's hope it turns some heads on the track as well.......

RocketRobin

PR Founding Father
Unfortunately, in the heat of the racing, I wore the helmet cam to the line in my first moto today, and turned it on.......... then I forgot to push the record button at the start of the moto that I won after a 4th place start. Then I left it off the rest of the day and didn't have as good luck in any of my next 3 motos. So no helmet cam footage, I'll do it tomorrow to get a video of Vet action at Red Bud.

Story of day was ROUGH RoUGH track......... it beats the tar out of you. Zman made a valiant effort to return to the Vet B moto 1 with the bad foot, and didn't have any better luck, he moved into the top 10 and crashed putting a hole in his radiator and ending his weekend with a dead bike. I started in 4th and moved into the lead on lap 3 and won the first Vet B moto.

Plus 35, I wheelied badly coming out of the gate and shut off momentarily and was mired back in the pack. I moved up to 14th by moto end, but James Povolny smoked the class with some other guys out front as well.

+40, I didn't wheelie but hit the rut a little sideways out of the gate and sent me into a double swap that I barely saved....... make it another bad start as I was in 24th at the grandstands on the first lap. I pushed hard and got up to 9th by moto's end. John Agin finished 2nd in that moto, and Rich Silvers was 11th.

Moto 2 of Vet B, I got a bad start again and moved quickly up to 8th but hit the wall with my arms as they gave out 1/2 way through the race. I decided to play it safe and stay up and maintain position and finish there. I'm sitting in 5th overall and only 2 points out of 3rd overall right now. A good last moto tomorrow and I'll have a ticket to the show.................... Rich Silvers finished 14th and has a 5 - 14 for 12th overall right now. Needs a good last moto to carry on.

Sharc will be posting pics soon.