High Point Regional

PitRacer

PR Founding Father
Does anyone have any information on the gates being open at High Point on Thursday for the Regional this weekend? I cannot find any information other than practice is Friday and racing Sat/Sun.

We were there for the amateur race on Sunday and people were allowed to leave their trailers on the far hillside at High Point but not allowed to move them over the the other side (Pro Pits) until the gates open at 4:00pm on Thursday. I would assume from this that the earliest you could enter is Thursday afternoon at 4. That is what we plan to do.

Hopefully good luck will carry me through because I'm seriously lacking on the speed and fitness portions.....

See Ya there Pit and Good Luck. Don't feel bad I'm lacking in the fitness area as well.

Chasing my boys around at there regional did my knee in. Hopefully the swelling will go down.

Good luck Pit and to everyone else headed to HP. I hope you get a better track (or better weather) than the big boys had to deal with. The off-camber turns will make you feel slow and pathetic but it's just the track design. Ride smart and safe and weight the outside peg seemingly everywhere.

The off-camber turns will make you feel slow and pathetic but it's just the track design. Ride smart and safe and weight the outside peg seemingly everywhere.

Hey I like High Point! Last year it was my first ever race in the +40 class and I came out with a 3rd behind Rocket and NOWA. Chance of thunderstorms all weekend, could get REALLY ugly. You think those off-cambers are tough when dry?

Chuck we are forcing you to go back there in Sept for the Vet National again!

The vet national last yr was my first time to high point, what a great time!! Looking forward to it this yr, and don't worry pit ill bring the camper this time so there won't be any coffee withdraws! Haha

Good Luck to all the Pitracer High Point Regional racers. Keep it on two wheels and keep moving forward always helps in the regional. It's nearly impossible to qualify with a first lap crash of any sort......... pick your moments on the first lap and race like hell during the remaining 3 when things get sorted out a little bit.

Good luck John and everyone else. Sounds like this needs to be a 'smooth throttle' kind of weekend. Come home safe and with a top 8.

HP was groomed awesome for practice today, but it was hot and sunny and track got beat, rough, and dusty. I was pretty far off the pace today looking at laptimes, we'll see what racing brings.

I was injured today before even riding. I was standing by the infield triple step-up watching and early practice and a guy eats it bad and is hurt on the ground. I was basically the only one there, so as the medical crew raced over to attend to the rider, I went out to get his bike off the track. Picked it up....and something on his bike sliced my thumb open! Great.

I also completely wasted my first practice of the day by going out with a brand new helmet on. It felt like it fit great....until I hit a bump and the helmet dropped down over my eyes and I realized it was too big. Weird. And stupid.

Saw Opligers, NOWA, MikeB21, and Shane Waite. Other than that haven't seen any familiar faces.

Back