High Point Regional

Couple pics of the track before practice.

Attachments

• 009.jpg
    009.jpg
    103.1 KB · Views: 196
  • 010.jpg
    010.jpg
    102.3 KB · Views: 183
  • 016.jpg
    016.jpg
    102.3 KB · Views: 181
  • 015.jpg
    015.jpg
    101.2 KB · Views: 205
Track was sweet...Im in the bottom of the pack as the timing goes. Oh well that is what I expected. If I can get some starts I may be able to run mid-pack. I felt good and improved with each practice . I actually did not get armpump the last practice and ran 5 good laps. 2:32 is my best lap so far and guys are mainly at 2:15 or so...
I have a secret weapon on my bike for tommorrow...

Track looks sweet!
Radar looks like you may have some rain overnight to help out with the dust…hoping not to much though.
Put in some good motos and let numbers fall where they may.
Good luck!!!

I had the same trouble with my helmet.....I put a Sock on top of my head...Was the only trouble I had all weekend....

Milllllll viiiillllllll/.......... I hope you get in so you can help me rock milvill and punch my ticket.

Track was sweet...Im in the bottom of the pack as the timing goes. Oh well that is what I expected. If I can get some starts I may be able to run mid-pack. I felt good and improved with each practice . I actually did not get armpump the last practice and ran 5 good laps. 2:32 is my best lap so far and guys are mainly at 2:15 or so...
I have a secret weapon on my bike for tommorrow...

Chad Reed doing your motos?????

Good luck to everyone!!!

My pick to win today in the +30 B/C class and maybe even the #1 plate at LL is PJ Dylewski.He's a local Erie,Pa guy that rides really good and will be tuff to beat!

They chisel plowed the track 18 inches deep and watered Friday night. Then it poured rain on it all night long. The entire track was 2 foot of horrendous quagmire to start the racing today. They delayed everything while they scraped the track with dozers but it was still a complete mess. Even the super fast guys were singling up the infield triple stepup early in the day.

Beenridin and MikeB21 were 3rd moto and even the fast guys were hardly making it around the track. At one point Beenridin goes for the double next to the start, eats it and MikeB21 landed right on top of him and they were both laying there together in the slop. Babet had a crushed muffler (luckily I had a spare for him) and they were both there for over 2 minutes trying to get going. By the time they were going they were getting lapped by Niebel.

By the time I hit the track for moto 6 there was one line around that was somewhat dry but it was still some of the most brutal conditions I have ever ridden. I had horrible finishes in all my first motos but it was really survival for me just trying to make it around the track. One or two lines that were a super deep rut and outside of that all slippery deep snot.

Nowa had a couple decent rides, also crashed in +40. I think I saw that Opliger got 7th first moto of +40 (he dropped out of 30 since he made it at Red Bud and the conditions were terrible).

The track started drying out a bit as it got later in the day but that's when people started getting hurt. There was a really bad crash at the finish line in a 250C moto that resulted in a helicopter ride. I actually ended up out on the track helping to flag during that chaos.

I only did 3 of my 9 motos today. We were on the line for second moto of +30 and they had to cancel, pull us off the line, and end the day because all the ambulances were gone tending to injured riders and it was already after 7pm.

They said no practice on Sunday, first moto (+30B/C) just goes right to the line to begin the day.

I'm in pure survival mode at this point and just want to come out of here uninjured.

Sounds like a tough day for you guys. Keep a cool head and hopefully the track comes around better for the next rounds.

Here are some pics from +45 second moto. By then they had scraped the track probably 8 times and it really wasn't that bad mud wise but boy was it gnarly.

Pick of me, Nowa on the line was end of day while we were waiting to run second +30 moto. They cancelled and pulled us off the line and ended the day. Also forgot that before this moto Nowa found out he blew out his header pipe, and his bike was at the FMF truck getting a new exhaust frantically installed. They raced to install this, he was late getting to the line, and then they cancelled......also while I was sitting on the line for this race I pulled my roll-off string and the roll-off film on my goggle tore and jammed up inside the canister in a big wad. I was like "oh great..." but then we didn't race anyway...

Attachments

• 008.jpg
    008.jpg
    106.8 KB · Views: 203
  • 016.jpg
    016.jpg
    106.1 KB · Views: 194
  • 019.jpg
    019.jpg
    102.3 KB · Views: 202
  • 025.jpg
    025.jpg
    103 KB · Views: 200
  • 027.jpg
    027.jpg
    104 KB · Views: 193
  • 022.jpg
    022.jpg
    102.7 KB · Views: 178
  • 014.jpg
    014.jpg
    101.3 KB · Views: 220
  • 018.jpg
    018.jpg
    101.4 KB · Views: 214
  • 015.jpg
    015.jpg
    103.3 KB · Views: 223
  • 024.jpg
    024.jpg
    100.2 KB · Views: 196
  • 031.jpg
    031.jpg
    106.2 KB · Views: 207
  • 017.jpg
    017.jpg
    100.3 KB · Views: 203
  • 005.jpg
    005.jpg
    108.8 KB · Views: 196
Pit. Do what you did at Casey. Put in your head that Grega is in the top ten of your moto.
Put a 19 on the back of everyone in front of you, and you will get around.
And you always do cuz you know your faster and a better rider than I.

We are watching the live feed of the scoring . It is addicting.
best of luck...

I watched Wilmo and Sharc cruze around having fun at Red Bud la la la la then they saw each other and the race was on.
It looked like Godzilla vs. Mothra.

Back