High Point Regional

There was a guy in my +40 moto that I basically chased the entire moto....I was determined to pass him on the last lap. I tried so hard to catch up enough to find a place to pass, went for it, we tangled handle bars and almost both went down with me ricocheting to the outside so he gained a bunch of ground on me. That was about the best it got for me.

One thing I was actually excited about today, is I was thinking about possibility of mud and I have never been more prepared for mud in my life. I had foam around my shifter & brake, Kari's panty hose on my radiator guards (which works awesome btw), hand guard, disc guard, roll-offs, etc. All that prep just to be a back runner. Oh well. It was fun until people started getting hurt -- seeing that stuff really sucks the enthusiasm out of me.

Sunday I will picture a bunch of Gregas in front of me and see if I can make some passes.

Yeah those sure are some different conditions than Redbud last week.
The clay looks packed down and bombed out.
You can see how narrow the track is with all the dirt scraped to the sides.

Ya know….I was completely amazed at the race pace while watching the young kids flying around last weekend.
The new bike technology coupled with track design has increased the overall speed of the sport dramatically.
Seems like everybody is flying….and whipping and scrubbing…
It also makes for some pretty big yard sales….I’d say we had maybe 5-7 squad runs last weekend.
I hear what your saying….it’s hard to miss.

Report I got from the track this morning from Nowa is that it rained all night and the track is a complete mess!

Omw home, worst mud race I've ever seen. I tried to race first moto, didn't even make it over the first tunnel and was stuck for 2 laps.

Just got home...bagged the third moto. More mud than I could clean. The track was horrible. I was going to donate 100 bucks to buy diesel fuel so the 5+ bulldozers and other equipment on hand would actuallly start prepping the track. What a mess. Came home unhurt and ego bruised. I did have fun after all is said and done. Secret weapon did work until I bit it on the double and Mike 21 landed on my muffler. I could barely find my gear shifter in the 12+ inches of mud. But my new secret weapon hand grips kept me from getting arm pump/ now if I could stop crashing I may get better results. Thanks Pit for the mudguards ...muffler...pit bike...and healthy advise to leave early...oh and the room reservation!

So here is the end to my Regional.

We went from sitting on the line Saturday evening looking at a dry track ahead of us.....then get pulled off the line and the event stopped. To Sunday morning starting the day with this.

Attachments

• IMG_6462.jpg
    IMG_6462.jpg
    101.1 KB · Views: 264
  • IMG_6468.jpg
    IMG_6468.jpg
    100.8 KB · Views: 283

We went from sitting on the line Saturday evening looking at a dry track ahead of us.....then get pulled off the line and the event stopped. To Sunday morning starting the day with this.

Are you stuck in the muck here? Wearing yellow?

high point is brutal in the mud. And I swear the dry/rain race weekend ratio has to be way towards the Rain side. Out of the 10 pro nationals i've been to, I think 7 were muddy messes. 2/3 regionals I went to were the same...asbolute mud hole. They get it done though! Challenging track!

What a nasty track...Nothing like thick sticky mud to get your blood flow'n. The only thing good about the track was leaving on sunday and going home.
I guess i didn't bring enough money, because I couldn't buy a moto this weekend.
Practice was good on friday even has some dust flying around buy the end of the day. Then all hell broke loose friday night into saturday morning with the rain. I was talking with some of the track people early sat and the reason why they worked the track so deep and watered was that there was only a 10% chance of rain on Saturday. I'm not sure what weather they were looking at, but mine said 60% chance.
The +45 moto was the 4 race of the day...It was nasty...Had a bad start...in the back part before the rythem a guy fell in front of me, I tried to get around him on the inside and hit about a 2ft deep mud bogg and got tagged buy the guy behind me...splat into the mud i fell(Fall #1). After getting the bike up(with an extra helping of mud). Then Beenridin goes down on the double behind the start...wham...i land on his bike, pushing his exhust to the left over the tire. sending me over the bars.(Fall#2). after about 5 min trying to pick up the bike and getting it started and then trying to get back on the track. I was spent. I tried to take easy but ended up falling again the rythm section(Fall#3).
The 2nd moto went a little better, but not buy much though, I pass a guy going down the big downhill and he endded up running over me when I fell going up the rock wall...9And I do mean a ROCK WALL0...hitting me in the lower back. ended up DNFing the moto.
Nothing like having tire tracks on your back...Ended up not running the 3rd moto...To sore to get on the bike. Plus I Broke my right thumb when I landed on Beenridin. Sorry About the exhust.

MikeB21

Im glad its over , if it wasnt for bad luck we wouldnt have any luck. 250 C stock was 2nd moto Scottie holeshotted 4th thru 1st turn worked up to 2nd then went down in the rollers on the face and couldnt get his bike back up and when he did it wouldnt start ,that just sucked all the life out of him and his hopes he never could get it together after that 1st moto just went thru the motions and after he almost landed on the down rider over the table I desided its just not worth it anymore packed up and went home after that.

Anyone know who the 250 rider was that got life flighted out ? I still cant believe they didnt red flag that 250c moto 2 it was just a sad thing to watch I senn the rider get landed on by 2 other bikes.

Moving to B this weekend might roll up to pyma and debut. Not a poke Georg we might go.

Big shout out to Rocky Parson made it out in B greaat job buddy

I think the 250C injured rider was Kyle Dillon #75 from Middletown, NY.

Word in the pits on Sunday was that he had a broken jaw and I think I heard lost the tip of a finger. But that is not bad considering how brutal that was with the other riders landing on him. Hope he ends up ok.

First raced there back in 1978 & the track has always been a tough one that separated the riders
who can either ride in grueling mud or very rough conditions.

Left a full gate of almost 40 in 1979 or 1980 & only 5 of us finished as the mud took its tool on most of the pack.

If it rains that day the track gets very challenging with all of the slimy off camber sections.

If it rains the week before the ruts & braking bumps get huge while the injuries pile up.

Who survived & is going to LL?

Sorry about the broken thumb Mike... . My son Jack put on my pit board ride smart as I passed the mechanics area . John told me it was unwise to do that double that race ...but I had the speed and thought ahhh what the hell. Next time I will heed good advise . That sapped the life out of me trying to pick up that bike and get going again...

I think the 250C injured rider was Kyle Dillon #75 from Middletown, NY.

Word in the pits on Sunday was that he had a broken jaw and I think I heard lost the tip of a finger. But that is not bad considering how brutal that was with the other riders landing on him. Hope he ends up ok.

That was the worse thing I have ever seen in person in this sport and will never forget it. Just to be alive is amazing good luck to that rider.

Big props to Paul Dylewski for taking the win in +30B/C…You sure called that one Greg. Who is this guy? <O:p</O:p
Looks like Nowa and Barnett put in some great rides too.<O:p</O:p

Back