CRA class issues

You are right on the money TimSr90... And this is just my thoughts on the matter... I find it really silly that they did away with the split money class... It cost the track owners money, because now there is only 1 class... And it cost the A riders a chance to win more money.... The only advantage to anyone here is the 450 guys that where complaining... Because with a bigger money class they make more money from the 250 riders now....
And it made it unfair to the local A riders on a 250... cause now why bother going into the A class, when if you dont trade ur 250 for a 450, your not going to do as well, since your out motored, so why bother... So that keeps the B class bigger and last time I checked most people come to either watch family or the A class...
And those that where complaining cause I cant run two class... The real reason that you complained is because you go beat by a 250... Big deal, man up...get over it and move on...
Ok here is another point I would like to point out... Take 2 equal riders... 1 is on a 450 and the other is on a 250... Why in the world would the 250 rider spend his hard earned money to knowingly only have a shot at 2nd? When he can go over to PA and ride it in BOTH classes and make more money...
And another thought isnt the 250 A class the beginner A rider class, so to speak... So all the young riders that wish to advance as they should, wont because they have to go into a class where they dont really belong... I think that would be the same as MAKING an 60 run in the 80 class. Yes, a few could do it and have a blast at it, but that is ONLY a few... Just my thoughts on the subject...

I can't understand why people have to protest a guy who smoked everyone on a smaller cc bike. Anything they can do. Durham spanked everyone at holeshot last year at their pro race and got protested. He won the 450 class on a 250. Tisk tisk... Spoof, he was out 500 bucks. 550 if you add the cost of the class. 750 if you add the cost of food and travel for that day.

Across the board the rule should be written up to X cc's. 250, 450. No reason a guy can't race a 250F in the 450 class. It would fill up some of the gates! Who wants to race 6 people when maybe another 12 don't have 450's and can't sign up.

250B is always bigger than 450B. If it was open, 450B would be everyone in 250B and then some on 450s.

I think collegeboy is the perfect class structure. 16-24 Open. Was very competitive back 5-7 years ago when I was running it.

I was protested against for racing a 105cc supermini in schoolboy class and it got settled through wheelbase. 105 vs 125/250Fs...

So the real question is: When will it happen? Who do we go to...to discuss this further? I'm looking at a brand spankin' new 12' KTM SX and need to decided if I do get the 250SX what class(es) I will be able to run.....

I believe the CRA meetings are open to the members. Contact them to find out when the meetings are. Voice your opinion, its all you can do. It is NOT a democracy !

I believe the CRA meetings are open to the members. Contact them to find out when the meetings are. Voice your opinion, its all you can do. It is NOT a democracy !

Apparently enough 450 riders expressed their opinions. Maybe it is time the 250 guys do the same, perhaps we should get together, decide what is best for us while keeping in mind what is best for the tracks as well, and forget about hurt pride of the 450 guys who were jealous that a 2T could race more classes or just didn't like getting beat by a 250.

I'm not so sure it was enough 450 riders... I do believe it was just a few, but they caused such a headache to the track owners that it was easier to quite a few cry babies, than to leave it alone... I cant say I blame the owners for their thoughts on this, as from what I seen there was alot of crying going on by a few just to many times....
And your right the 250 guys need to get together and voice their thoughts on this problem. All I know is that I have been around CRA along time and for the most part they have always been very fair to everyone... They have normaly followed close along the lines of AMA, so as to make it easier on the racers that run both, can follow the rules easier... I do believe that this was not done to cause anyone an upset, but they can only make rulings on the feed back that they get from their members... So if you want your voice heard I do think that the 250 riders should voice their thoughts at the next CRA meeting....
And it is not about the 250 guys getting to run more classes really... Look at all the other class that a 450 can ride in... Its about a few cry babies, that cant handle getting beat by smaller bikes... And they run enough of the local races to cause a pain in the rearend to the track owners, and the owners got tired of hearing it...

This seems completely Bass Ackwards...
Running a 250 stroker is already a bit of an advantage over a 250 4st. I would think running a 250 bored out to a 300 cc would be an unfair advantage and cause more protest from the ligghts class, Just my 2 cents.

I sort of thought the 450 classes at the local level were viewed more as an OPEN class, and anything from 125 and up would fit. I can't see anyone complaining about what you ride in this class as long as it is a big bike. I can however see someone complaining about a 300cc 2st running in the lights class.... That would at least make some reasonable sense.

AS I said! A$$ BACKWARDS!!!

Back