Apple Cabin Jump Skippers?

This is a funny thread.... The Smith Rd. 6 pack-- haha!

John-- I was watching just as a casual observer for a little while last night... and I'd hate to say it, but you already know why alotta riders were skipping the rhythm section. (And just so y'all know... I'd have skipped it too!) Why the A/B riders were skipping it is beyond me-- I think Rocket Robin may have that answer-- haha! The AC attracts alotta plain old riders. Not racers-- just guys that like to ride dirt bikes that don't happen to posess a ton of skills. The section just holds too much possibility for an end over end trip, and it's just plain old easier to avoid it. Better to go AROUND the section, than to hold ya up IN the section.

About the bigger bikes on the pit bike track? I've been seeing a few riders on the pit bike track on bigger bikes. Not good ones though. I was thinking that it was a good thing to have the p**** track there for newer riders. If I were going to ride a real bike-- I'd be damned if I'd ride on the pit bike track either. The riders I've noticed were teenage girls... and riders who looked like they were fresh outta the backyard.

It's hard to put together a track (or three) that perfectly suits the wants and needs of all the riders. The better riders have to understand that the lesser riders are just as important as they are-- in that their entry fees support the riding spot just the same as the fees the better riders pay. The Cabin is one terrific riding spot with alot to offer-- so ya just kinda gotta deal with the quirks of the riders. ---L*64

---L*64

This is a funny thread.... The Smith Rd. 6 pack-- haha!

John-- I was watching just as a casual observer for a little while last night... and I'd hate to say it, but you already know why alotta riders were skipping the rhythm section. (And just so y'all know... I'd have skipped it too!) Why the A/B riders were skipping it is beyond me-- I think Rocket Robin may have that answer-- haha! The AC attracts alotta plain old riders. Not racers-- just guys that like to ride dirt bikes that don't happen to posess a ton of skills. The section just holds too much possibility for an end over end trip, and it's just plain old easier to avoid it. Better to go AROUND the section, than to hold ya up IN the section.

About the bigger bikes on the pit bike track? I've been seeing a few riders on the pit bike track on bigger bikes. Not good ones though. I was thinking that it was a good thing to have the p**** track there for newer riders. If I were going to ride a real bike-- I'd be damned if I'd ride on the pit bike track either. The riders I've noticed were teenage girls... and riders who looked like they were fresh outta the backyard.

It's hard to put together a track (or three) that perfectly suits the wants and needs of all the riders. The better riders have to understand that the lesser riders are just as important as they are-- in that their entry fees support the riding spot just the same as the fees the better riders pay. The Cabin is one terrific riding spot with alot to offer-- so ya just kinda gotta deal with the quirks of the riders. ---L*64

---L*64
I should have been more specific its not the bike size rather the skill level, some need to move on and learn new things others need to realize they are not in control of the bike and hold a line.

screw that double double at apple cabin, the second double has a kicker and its the only jump i have to panic rev every time i hit the thing.

wtf?

screw that double double at apple cabin, the second double has a kicker and its the only jump i have to panic rev every time i hit the thing.

wtf?

As some on this site would tell you safty is not a factor with some of these jumps and then start to tell you some BS stats that thay made up to make them sound important lol.

KTM5555-- Haha! Is the pic in your avatar where you're panic revving the dubz? I never tried them-- but I didn't like the looks of 'em...

WW- I hope ya don't mean me... or my crew? I'm up there screwing around on my pit bikes all the time-- (old men like to goon ride too). I've de-moted myself from big bikes, big tracks, and big get offs for now. I just ride pit bikes for fun. I'll hold a line though. My GF, nephew, and brother in law ride there also. My GF... well... you know. She's not bad. My brother in law CANNOT hold a line, so I have to follow him like a "wide load" chase vehicle when he rides. My nephew is the best of the bunch-- so I can let him ride w/o much supervision. I hope me or my peeps aren't ruining the fun for any Pee Wee kidz. Let me know if we are, and I'll figure a way to get it worked out. --T

Skipping

I have an idea why doesn't everyone worry bout their selves who cares who does a jump skips the rollers or only rides two laps didn't know AC had a mx police dept !! are their rules that you have to do every obstacle ! seems to me that the gripers need to worry bout themselves !! have a great moto !!

the jumps are dumb. too small for that section. should put rollers in..... the whoops last year were so much better shoulda left them in. SOME of us are actually tryin to put good laps in and those things just destroy your flow. i went around em im not scared to ammit it and ill go around em everyy time...not tryin to be cocky here fellas just tired of hearin all the B****ing.. just me. let the haters hate

Here is what I think but im not a racer or even a rider I just the driver for my son but when we go to a track i try to teach him to race the track not the other riders so that means if its part of the track you need to fig it out as everyone else races the same track good jump or bad learn to get thru it. He runs this way during a race and in practice but thats how he does things never cuts the track so I believe its the job of the track owner to build good well groomed jumps so the racers can put their skills to the test. Thats why I had hte question about why tracks will have unsafe sections that can easly be fixed up or replaced. If people are cutting or to many riders are getting hurt in 1 given section then something needs to be done . But again Im just the driver and the guy paying the bills.

Marc, I think this one fits better.

No-Whining-Sticker-2146.jpg

THe jumps are too steep.....The jumps are too close....THey mess up my rythm....I just wanna go fast..... The doubles kick my rear end up....

Wha Wha Wha Wha......

Dear Frank of Apple Town,

Thank you for providing a nice to place to ride with a great, but not to technical track that suits the needs of all riders! Also for providing freshly grown apples in late august and september...I swear, I only will eat one....or two...ha As for the 6 pack, I think it is a great addition....I say keep it... It has a great flow to it, unfortunately if not hit correctly it will cause your back end to buck...But thats not your fault.....I Would chalk it up to rider error... A six pack provides variety...you can double double double, or for those that wish...triple triple. From personal experience, the triple triple is gnarly and challenging.. I like it.. I know several other people who like it as well. THe problem with Ohio tracks is a lack of technical terrain. So when people around here ride a track with something technical, they whine and cry.. With comments like, " oh its scary," "it kicks me funny," "its too big," "THe sun was in my eyes," etc... When it sohuld say, "im a sissy and cant jump it," or I would have jumped that jump but my tampon string got caught in my spokes,"

So in conclusion, thank you for providing a great track frank. I appreciate you and your services..

AND NOW!!!!

Dear whiners,
If its to technical, practice more. Its motocross...Your supposed to be tough.... SUCK IT UP!!!!!

the jumps are dumb. too small for that section. should put rollers in..... the whoops last year were so much better shoulda left them in. SOME of us are actually tryin to put good laps in and those things just destroy your flow. i went around em im not scared to ammit it and ill go around em everyy time...not tryin to be cocky here fellas just tired of hearin all the B****ing.. just me. let the haters hate

Boo Hoo ..... Its part of the track. I think the real problem here is this, the track is meant to be run a certain way. Riders , or at least riders who are following the rules, ride the track as it is laid out. It doesnt matter if it is hard or easy you ride the track as laid out. The biggest reason is for SAFETY ! Not the safety of riding the section in question but safety for the flow of traffic on the track for everyone. If you cut out certain sections of the track when you reenter are you paying attention to other riders ? Are they expecting you to come from off the track into their line ? Most of the time yes but many times NO. And this no is a big one, breeaking the rules in this case is more dangerous than the obsticle in question.

When Frank first opened and had that wicked jump along the woods in the back people rode around it all the time. More than a few times I had riders cut back on the track right in front of me as I landed the jump. Very unsafe. Scared me more than the jump did.

Funny thing is people complained about the whoops that were there and now people are complaining about the rythem section that replced them. Heres an idea, practice the section untill you can ride it with confidence and build your skills to be a better rider or if you dont like it then quit riding motocross and ride flaat track because I dont want you track cutters to cause a wreck on the track !

Correction....They destroy your flow........Dont speak for everyone...SO basicly what you want is a really easy track that has no big jumps that way you look cool to your friends when they come watch you? But now, since there is a six pack that scares you, you have to come alone because you are embarassed to have your friends there because you are unable to do the section????? Believe me, no one is thinking you are cocky because you refuse to ride through a six pack that you find to be "flow hindering," which translates to it is to technical for you.

I wonder if Dean Wilson would have gotten docked if he had just rode around Loraccos leap last weekend because it was messing up his flow? Damn tough jumps... Just sayin.....

theres nothing wrong with rolling jumps...I've rolled plenty in my life...easy ones and hard ones. Eventually you'll get up the guts to try a certain section and it wont be as bad as you thought.

I think it would be really awsome is there was 100% big sand rollers from the coner to coner its somthing that u can either roll threw or charge hard either way thank you frank for a great place to ride. :)

I cant say that I hit the jumps every lap but 95% of the time I did. I skipped them a few laps trying to keep pace with a couple guys who were skipping them. I actually thought it was a sweet section. the first one is a little steep but it is still fun. I saw at least two times where people going around the jumps almost caused serious wrecks while coming back on the track. If I were frank I would just make the jumps as wide as that straightaway so no one can skip them or move the banner in next to the jumps would probably be easier. All I know is I can't wait for the wall of shame next week.

Back