Smith Road Raceway Sold

Very sorry to hear about this! Best wishes to her family, wonderful lady. Love the pics Scotty!

Sorry to hear about your Grandmother I always enjoy talking to her at practice.I will pass it on to those in Medina that knew her.

Plus one. Very sad to hear of this. Clydie was a really nice lady. Back in the '90's-- I was looking into buying the track from George, so I worked at the track for awhile that summer. Clydie used to make lunch for us every day, and we used to laugh alot. I always felt bad for her after she and George split up. I was hoping for a happier ending there.

Back then-- we actually used the bathrooms up on the hill (as opposed to the outhouses) on the practice days and at the races. She used to always tell me how horrible the womens' bathroom would be after a race day. I always said-- "What? How bad could it possibly be? They're just girls?". I'll never forget one Tuesday after a race when she called me up there to show me what she was working with in there. I couldn't believe what I was seeing! It was so bad!! So we always joked that I didn't get the place b/c I didn't want to deal with the womens' potty-- haha! I'll miss her! --Tony C.

Scotty,
Your grandmother was a very special lady. I spent my whole life at Smith Road with my dad. As an adolescent girl there wasn’t a whole lot to catch y interest once I decided racing wasn’t for me. So I spent every Wed night at the concession stand gossiping with Clydie and we got to be pretty close. She used to come get me on weekends so we could hit garage sales. She was a really fun and Spunky person and now that my dad is running the track I cant help but think of her when I’m up at the concession stand! I got to know Ryan pretty well when my dad and I visited Becky in Florida, if you talk to her tell her Cristy Plas said hello. Again so sorry for your loss!

Thanks again everyone. I can't tell yall how happy it makes me to read these stories. Keep 'em comin!!!

Back