Mini Moto Madness at the CLIFF!

We are in! Talked the boy outa goin to Night under fire! Just need the weather to cooperate, my forcast prediction is no rain till after midnight. Jack is going to race my 50 in the kids class, this should be interesting... Fingers crossed. matt.

my prediction: No rain till after practice on Sunday!!!!!

I was coming until I blew up my 2 stroke bike at Smith Rd for Red Bud next weekend, now I'm working on a 2 stroker......... isn't that not supposed to happen SHARC???? Start it up, and ride the Pee out of it until it seizes tight......... that's how you do those things right?

I checked the hose clamps, but I started it at work and it was running rich and blubbery........... so I re jetted and started her up at the track and it sounded really good. I ran it for about 3.5 laps before she locked up tight.......... took a look at the spark plug and it was obviously just a little too lean. I'll richen her back up a bit and find that sweet spot along with new piston / rings.

Yep, it was a great time. Perfect track too, we prepped it again. Only took an hour and half, but it was worth it. Really glad I did it. 12" mod got the top prize; Go pro Helmet cam. All kids class winners got goggles, and the Monster can cut outs, as the medals we had made. everyone got medals and swag. If you didnt get a medal come see me, I got plenty of them left. Thanks to Honda of Marysville, this really was their idea, and they deserve most of the credit for helping us out. Also Motorex, Hot Cams, Oakley, MSR, and Monster Energy!

AND I forgot to mention, 16 bikes in 14"+ Open! Probably the best race all night. The top three battled to the end. I also liked the open practice session. There must have been 20-25 in the kids group, and 30+ in the adults, very cool.

Who knows maybe we'll do it again, before it starts getting dark early.

Thanks for the great time Jeremy,the track was awesome in every way...perfectly prepared loamy dirt and a nice flowing layout! Top that with some free Monster, generous prizes and swag and perfect weather (no rain)...what an event!

Speaking of Thanks. Thanks to my wife for helping with signup, and pretty much handling awards. Thanks to Brian and Nikki Wood for helping with the flagging, scoring and sign up, more nikki than brian. Brian was on top of the goon photos. And Thanks to my friends for helping with our pond loop; Gonz, Pfaff, Hause, Dan P, James McG. Thanks to all that either raced or spectated. I will have to check the sign in sheets, but I'm pretty sure we fell way below 400 riders Mr. Dave Smith. Free race and you'll too many riders........

SOOOO incredibly bummed I didn't make it! This was THE one race I cared most about all summer! My wife decided to start the fight of the century as I was pulling out of the driveway on my way to the cliff..... Needless to say I was HOT! I wanna say congrats to my best friend Cody Scott for bringing home my top prizes, lol; and extra thanks to Jeremy and all involved for putting this thing on, I only hope their are more in the future! We need them damn lights!!!

Back