Some neck brace testing, finally.

Status
Not open for further replies.
At the current time he doesn't wear one. When he got the brace he ditched the chest protector. He was looking into getting one to wear under the jersey. I do know that Lorraine does wear a chest protector with hers.

How does the Omega fit with a chest protector? Or does Al not wear one?

I wear the EVS Vex protector with the Omega and it fits good. I took my brace to Iron Pony and tried about all the protectors on that they had and that was the one that fit best for me.

As far as my riding experience goes, I think most people familiar with Pitracer.com know who I am and know that I've been riding my whole life at a fairly high level of Amatuer racing. I'm not a guy that just started riding / racing and is buying into the latest fad because everyone else is and that's what you're "supposed" to do..

Rocket, not trying to fight or be a jerk etc,

I don't understand why you keep bringing the experience up. At the end of the day there isn't testing on this brace. Dr. Leatt is making millions and can't release test statistics to the public to back his product, all there is on the website is one sentence similar to the tune of "has been tested." Then show me Doc! He also settles out of court repeatedly. If I were to have a product I truly believed in and was being sued by someone who obtained an injury I'd fight it to the death knowing I was in the right, I wouldn't settle out of court. And Leatt along with many other companies was just suspended from trading over spam that "triggers dramatic price and spikes in trading volume." (Now I understand companies are out to make money, fine. However you take the SEC thing is how you take it and leave it at that, because if we get into that too much it's going to turn into a political discussion.) But why not just give us some statistics and show us how Dr Leatt tested the brace.

Are you trying to use it as a validation tool to solidify your opinions about Leatt braces? There are alot of people that have the same credentials as you, but aren't quite up to the age credential. Why do people consistently treat age as a seniority marker, utlimately throwing the young under the bus? There are some bright young individuals in the world but get discounted far too much.

So what if I said the same thing: I can say I've been racing most of my life, following most of my life, racing "at a higher amatuer level." Does this solidify my opinion to not wear a Leatt? But since I'm only 24, we all might as well discount that fact. Racing from 15-35 is 20 years. Racing from 4 to 24 is 20 years. Obviously you don't pay much attention when you're very young but still when you're raised around the sport you pick up qualities and tend to pay attention to it more in your ''brighter'' years. Why bother saying any of that though, what does it prove at the end? Nothing? The only thing we should rant and rave about is to test the damn thing.

MX724 clearly has best input on this thread by far. How long has he been in the sport? Again, it doesn't matter. He's absolutely right about needing to stop pestering at eachother and demand testing for the price you're paying for that piece of equipment that is "SUPPOSED to be better than nothing." Helmets that aren't dot and snell approved are worn everyday, would I wear one? Not a chance. If we had some neck brace testing firms and Leatt failed...people can still wear them fine. Would I wear one? No. If the brace was proven to be effective would I wear one? Absolutely. Show me the stats Dr. Leatt. Show me the STATS.

By some of this logic its safe to say NOT to wear a seat belt because if could hurt your chest if you crash hard enough. Or if you flip your car it may keep you inside the car upside down and unable to get out, there for dying in a horrible explosion.

What if, what if,

By some of this logic its safe to say NOT to wear a seat belt because if could hurt your chest if you crash hard enough. Or if you flip your car it may keep you inside the car upside down and unable to get out, there for dying in a horrible explosion.

What if, what if,
someone always throws this out there. but the difference is seatbelts have been tested and tested and tested. and have come along way from early designs. theres data and research and testing results to back seatbelts up. they do more good than harm. and yes there is a trade off. the question thats being raised is, do certain neck braces cause more harm than good? and until its proven that no, they cause more good than harm, i dont think its a good design.

someone always throws this out there. but the difference is seatbelts have been tested and tested and tested. and have come along way from early designs. theres data and research and testing results to back seatbelts up. they do more good than harm. and yes there is a trade off. the question thats being raised is, do certain neck braces cause more harm than good? and until its proven that no, they cause more good than harm, i dont think its a good design.

Ok the point made was not that seatbelts have been tested, the point is you have a choice of putting it on. Seatbelts have been proven to save people but yet many will not put one on so whats the deal? Its called personal choice.

Ok the point made was not that seatbelts have been tested, the point is you have a choice of putting it on. Seatbelts have been proven to save people but yet many will not put one on so whats the deal? Its called personal choice.
then have your 1 kid wear one and the other kid not. you dont have to read my posts or georgies. and you dont have to reply to them. its called personal choice. if you dont like what we are posting, GTFO.

Hey scrotum nibbler, this looks like testing to me

http://www.leatt-brace.com/company/leatt-lab/dummy/

dont they use dummies with seat belts?

http://www.leatt-brace.com/company/leatt-lab/lab-testing/

Right on, but to keep it on topic there can never be a right side in this topic people just getting pissy over opinions.
why do you think there can never be a right side? it can be proven either way, that 1. its more good than harm or 2. its more harm than good.
at current time, leatt is just claiming that its #1. and theres people claiming that its #2 with proof to support it, but they have been paid to shut up.

why do you think there can never be a right side? it can be proven either way, that 1. its more good than harm or 2. its more harm than good.
at current time, leatt is just claiming that its #1. and theres people claiming that its #2 with proof to support it, but they have been paid to shut up.

You are right

cb21.jpg

time for a ban i think. but anyways thats not testing. thats a bunch of words that talk about testing. i could do the same thing from right where im at now. pffffffff

At the current time he doesn't wear one. When he got the brace he ditched the chest protector. He was looking into getting one to wear under the jersey. I do know that Lorraine does wear a chest protector with hers.

Thanks. I'll have to check it out the next time she's racing.

I wear the EVS Vex protector with the Omega and it fits good. I took my brace to Iron Pony and tried about all the protectors on that they had and that was the one that fit best for me.

Do you wear it over or under the protector. I'm asking as I can't see the straps and roll going under a protector. I might be wrong.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back