Anybody wanna ride a new track?

day181

PR Elite
Staff member
I'm a llittle excited about track changes and more excited about riding a COCR prepped track. Thanks for your hard work, thanks for listening to the riders and a willingness to make changes. You have the potential to own Southern Ohio. Best of luck.

BriarcliffMx

PR Founding Father
Guys - If they executed half of what me and hippie talked about at COCR, you'll be blown away. Lots of good ideas that day. I cant wait to ride it. I know a bunch of us are planning to stay down there friday and help out if needed. Including me on the dozer.

Hippie - shoot me a call when you can, or an email.

jstory

PR Addict
I am looking forward to being there. Very nice to see you responding to the rider input. Also very nice to see a couple of venues working together and pulling resources.

For everyone else, plan on making the trip to COCR for the Thrills in the Hills event Oct. 1st&2nd. It should be great racing with a good track. It is also a fund raising event for district 11. Come out and spend the weekend. There will be a motocross, Hare scramble and a GP that weekend. Is the best time of the year to get out and ride! See ya there!

MarctheSharc

PR Founding Father
Lots of good ideas that day. I cant wait to ride it. I know a bunch of us are planning to stay down there friday and help out if needed. Including me on the dozer.
We might try to schedule an open practice before the Thrills in the hills event October 1-2 so stay tuned.

Sorry...I must have missed it, but when is the Grand Re-Opening that JO will be helping out at?
Haven’t been to COCR in 5-8 years….. But will make the trip down for this.

Woody

PR Addict
Really looking forward to the Thrills weekend. Pretty cool that a track owner would spend time trying to help out another track, shows what some people in our sport are about.

What's the weekend schedule looking like? GP saturday and MX sunday?

mblair

PR Founding Father
"If you want to ride single file thats cool too just get in back and stay out of the way." HAHA>>> cool maybe you can show me the FAST way around then :)!!

I am glad that COCR made changes and i will definitely be there to check it out!! One of the biggest problems we have around here is stale tracks and i applaud any promoter or group willing to makes changes!

Apparently you didn't properly read what i wrote about fast versus wide, but whatever i am looking forward to riding a new well prepped COCR. Hope its like it used to be back in the day. I have been riding COCR since probably 1982 and it was one of my favorites well into the mid 90's!!

Scotty810

PR Addict
Good deal. Sounds like a fun weekend. I had originally planned on doing the Great Lakes Grand Prix that weekend, but sounds like COCR is the place to be.

washel157

PR Addict
I`m pumped to hear about what is going on down at COCR. I think you guys are on the right track with the watering. After Kenwortys`s morning practice on race day it was easy to use 25 gallons of water on your bike to get the mud off. I know he had trees but the track was good all day because of all the watering done before hand. Thanks guys!

BriarcliffMx

PR Founding Father
From what I understand the track is now really wide, everything is reshaped, over 20 dozer hours over the weekend. If everything works out, I think they may slip in an open practice Sunday the 25th to get input and to see what people think, and I should be on the dozer the following Friday for final touch ups before Thrills Oct. 1-2nd. That all needs approved by the club, but that is the plan. Im super pumped, it sounds like they did allot of what we talked about when i walked the track, its gonna be very very cool.

hippiemcgrath

PR Addict
Our schedule for the Thrills weekend is Saturday MX/hare scrammble and a GP on Sunday. I want to thank all of you for your plans to attend our club. We are gonna prep the track till the cow's come home. Track is gonna be the best I've seen it in the last 15 years. You will all spend winter with thoughts of "I wonder when COCR is having practice next spring, cause I gotta ride there again it was so nice". Again thanks for your support. Buckler out!

MX315

PR Addict
WOW....Look what happens when PEOPLE WORK TOGETHER AND LISTEN....PROGRESS...PROGRESS comes and positive results...Now promote your track..Its 2011 We need helmet cams,Pictures,video..Hype it up.Mr.Osborn knows what he is doing....THE CLIFF has taking over OHIO mx..People drive 2-3 hours to ride there.That should tell ya something..GOOD LUCK to COCR..I have not been there in 10 years but this thread is got me thinking.

TCracing

PR Addict
My son hasn't even raced a single race this year and only been out maybe 4-5 times just for fun. This might just be enough to sway him to jump back in the saddle. Was one of his favorite tracks...

day181

PR Elite
Staff member
1,800 views so far hippie. People are excited to have a track to ride south of i70. You have a market opportunity here. If you blow it I'm going to open up my 1/2 acre here in Hilliard:)

Ron505

PR Founding Father
Sounds awesome! Hell, I'll even come out and watch and just hang out since I am bike-less now.

I have always agreed that a sloppy, messy practice makes for great race conditions. Good luck to COCR!

TCracing

PR Addict
Sounds awesome! Hell, I'll even come out and watch and just hang out since I am bike-less now.

I have always agreed that a sloppy, messy practice makes for great race conditions. Good luck to COCR!

Lets not get carried away! They are trying to break the (Slopfest / Dustbowl) Cycle

hippiemcgrath

PR Addict
Not gonna blow it fella's. It's gotta be awesome. This race benefits all the racers in the district. With the reward for all of their hard work on the line, we are gonna put on a "Kenworthy national" right here in SugarGrove. And on a side note please call me Doug. To be called "Hippie" at 40 stings a little. Hippie Mcgrath came from my younger days and I just never let go of it. Thanks for all of your support and we hope to see you all at the races October 1st. and 2nd. Later

hippiemcgrath

PR Addict
I also want to say that our track is gonna have to be so wet in practice you'll think I'm crazy but it dries fast. I need to have enough moisture in the soil to just turn it over and go back to racing after intermission. It has to be deep and wet, and before the end of the day there will be dust flying off of the jump faces. And also dust from some of the areas that hard pack from riders landings. Some dust is unavoidable. The track is real wide. Hopefully it will rut up good enough that everyone will spread out and not pack certain lines. That alone will help with the dust. When every rider rides one line around the track you have no chance of keeping that one line wet. Not making excuses, just want you to see how a super wet track can seem to dry in a hurry. Later

k01

PR Elite
I've seen a few changes at COCR over the years. I was a spectator at the old Colfax track and I think I first raced at Sugar Grove in '74. Sure would be nice to see the place back up to speed again.

Any plans for the GP course? Looks like the GP scheduled for this Sunday has been cancelled?

GeorgiePorgie

PR Founding Father
Guys - If they executed half of what me and hippie talked about at COCR, you'll be blown away. Lots of good ideas that day. I cant wait to ride it. I know a bunch of us are planning to stay down there friday and help out if needed. Including me on the dozer.

Hippie - shoot me a call when you can, or an email.

Alright at first I skimmed this post by taking it too seriously, but for BC to endorse the changes it says something to me. When's open practice ??

It's funny how you have to explain the wet track theory to riders. It works people. Remember hands race days? Soaked in the morning and b-e-a-utiful by the first set of motos. Cocr sounds like theyre serious about the come back.