Who likes to throw roost on a fresh cut lawn???

trevor145

PR Addict
Cause this is the perfect chance!!!
Actually, I still can't believe we have this opportunity!

Days_Inn_2011Grasstravaganza.jpg

Dang I just got done winterizing the post-vintage RM's! Maybe I'll have to dig it back out, what are the rules for the "vintage" class?

Grass race follwed by poolside PitRacer party?

Dang I just got done winterizing the post-vintage RM's! Maybe I'll have to dig it back out, what are the rules for the "vintage" class?

You can't get any closer to the hotel than that for the pitracer party. . .

+1 For in favor of PR party.

I am very interested and will attend w/ my 1974 YZ250 racebike. I will bring as many vintage friends as possible. Great Idea !!!!!

What the hell is the "grom" class?

Little guys on 50's.

what are the rules for the "vintage" class?

Vintage is dual shock and air cooled.

And we should ABSOLUTLY have a post race Pitracer party!

is it like flat track or are they putting in jumps

No jumps. Just the freshly cut grass and a cool course layout.

This looks like it's shaping up into an awesome event!!!
The response so far has been very positive and we could actually see some industry notables in attendance that day.
Viva la GRASS!!!!

Vintage is dual shock and air cooled.

One more clarification on the vintage classes...My 1981 YZ250 is legal to run in AHRMA's gran prix class which is made up of dual shock, water cooled bikes. Am I correct in thinking that 1975 thru 1981 monoshockers that are air cooled would be able to run a vintage class at this race?

Hey BCman, put a lid on it! :)

I gotta take every opportunity possible to ride one of my old bikes.

I doubt that the grasstrack race folks would exclude all YZs from 1975 thru 1981 simply because they have a monoshock instead of two shocks.

Maybe it should be "old stuff" - anything before 1984.

No that can of worms would be bad...water cooling and linkage rear suspensions were pretty much in place across the board in 1982. The old bike class doesn't work well for everyone if they're looking for fair matchups...an 82 RM250 with water cooling and full floater suspension is in another world than an air cooled 81 YZ250 with the old linkage less monoshock. Hard to believe just a year seperates the two!

Of course, guys on 1973 250 elsinores aren't keen on riding against 81 YZ250s either :)

Someone just bought a new razor, they should bring that.

Also, grass race Saturday. Pitracer racer party to follow check out Sunday and head 15 minutes to NEMX for preview ride for only 10 bucks. If every weekend could only be this convenient.....

Back