Who likes to throw roost on a fresh cut lawn???

Just wondering... not saying that it's a bad idea or anything... but how in the world did you convince the proprieters of a respectable motel that it would be a good idea for them to have a dirt bike race on their front lawn? I have a country club with a golf course near my house-- do you think they'd be as accomodating?
Any class that would allow an old man to run a CRF150F by any chance? A KX100? I'd hate to miss such an event... ya know? --Tony C.

Personally, I think this is a great idea!!!
And it's just grass... Trust me when I say... It WILL be back.

With that said, do you you think possibly, a smart business owner could see a great opportunity unfold and want to be at the forefront of it as well as do something that will positively resonate with motorsports enthusiasts and offer a unique event to the surrounding community???
or,
it could have been alcohol.
Non the less we are offerd this rare chance to enjoy this freshly manicured lawn with our dirtbikes. YESS!!!
And just for the record. It's in the back yard.
BTW... A 150 isn't really a pit bike but was somehow grandfathered into the classification with its own class. Sadly the pitbike "scene" has died off heavily and if I did offer a class then someone would want another class for their bike and then another for another age or ability. So at this point I'm trying to keep the classes to a minimum and the fun to the maximum.
LuckyStar, you could borrow a bike for this rare occasion. You certainly shouldn't miss such a soiree... You might really regret it once that white stuff hits the ground here and we cant even see the lovely green for months on end... Just sayin!

As far as YOUR nearby country club... I guess you never know what you can get until you ask right?

HaHa! Every time I see a golf course-- the game never comes to mind, the thought of jumping the sand pit on a dirt bike does though. I guess the back yard of a motel is as close as I'll get unless I banzai the local country club. Will ya let the One- 50 in the dual sport class? It IS a street bike in Brazil. I guess I'll have to run plus 40 on the KX100 too. --T

746 I need to focus on one (or two) events at a time. I doubt I'll ever promote a SX, but I suppose one should never say never.

This event is really coming together and it looks as of now that mother nature is also in approval.
Please show your support for the NE Ohio MX scene next weekend and come check out a once in a lifetime event. (FREE spectator entry at the Grasstravaganza!!!)
TV Land is racing the following day as well and I could really use a strong turnout to compensate for the last few rainy events here.
www.tvlandmx.com

im prepping my rzr this wknd..ill be thier ready to sling some grass..just ogta find a place to fill up my nitrous bottle lol

We are getting alot of rain here in Northwest Ohio. Just wondering if anyone has any input on the weather over that way, or how the "grass track" will be on saturday. If it is anything like over here, I would have to assume it is pretty saturated.

We are getting alot of rain here in Northwest Ohio. Just wondering if anyone has any input on the weather over that way, or how the "grass track" will be on saturday. If it is anything like over here, I would have to assume it is pretty saturated.

I dont think we got all the rain here in the northeast that the rest of the state got yesterday, it didn't really rain here much.
However the soil is still very moist from all the rain over the past week and the cooler temps.
I think Saturday is going to turn out pretty awesome and TV land on Sunday should be perfect!

trev how are you going to run the classes?...like bikes or quad's/sxs first?..any pics of the track yet?..

Won't have a running order until after sign up Saturday morning but I have a plan to keep the bikes and quads all happy. Should work out great!

Sneakypeeky...
DItrack3.jpg

So how many of you think your going to make it???

I'm on the fence. I'm old (soon to be 48), fat, and a beginner. I've never raced on 2 wheels so, I thought this might be a good starter race for me. Not sure if my son's are interested in racing but I'm sure they'd go just to laugh at me!

I think I am going to go I have not raced a modern motocross bike in over 25 years but this seems much less intiminating than a regular CRA motocross.

Just want to male sure of one thing about the race. It said practice starts at 12, signup starts at 10.

Just want to make sure since I am driving from Pennsyltucky and that way I can sleep in a little instead of getting up at 4 AM.

Back