RC Cars! New Philadelphia, OH

Bornhorst751

PR Member
Since I broke my leg last year, I've been getting into racing rc cars every chance I get. So much fun! The only thing is, during the winter, the closest indoor track for me and my buddies to go to is in columbus. 2 1/2 hrs away from me. We all are getting tired of driving, and are seriously considering putting in our own track this coming year. We have a spot to put it, and its right off of the highway at the New Phila exit. Not even 2 minutes from the exit. As of now, the plan is to put in an outdoor track in the spring. If it does well over the summer and we can get some promising numbers, we'll put a building right on top of the track and race/practice over the whole winter, and in the summer still be able to run our cars rain or shine. The track will be friendly for any car and any experience level. But also have options to go big and jump farther if you have a faster car. Been going to a lot of different rc tracks over the past year to race and I have just kind of observing how things happen. Coming from a racers perspective, it would be really cool. It is 100% motocross, just with a controller and none of the risk of getting hurt. So the reason for this post is to see what you guys would think about this and see if you guys would want to come, hangout and have fun running rc cars. It will most likely be top soil/clay mix. we would have a drivers stand so you can see the whole track, outlets to charge batteries. any rc car that you guys have is welcome. Nitro, electric, anything. We're just out to have a good time with this. Let me know what you guys think! I need some feedback! Thanks.

How's the leg coming along? Rc stuff looks fun. my little brother has been nagging me for one. Not sure where to begin. I think he'll destroy the thing in five minutes. Any suggestions?

How's the leg coming along? Rc stuff looks fun. my little brother has been nagging me for one. Not sure where to begin. I think he'll destroy the thing in five minutes. Any suggestions?

The leg is coming along good. getting better for sure. But for a first RC car for your brother, I would probably start with a 2wd short course truck. And when it comes to those, there's really only 2 of them to decide between. The traxxas slash 2wd or the team associated 2wd sc10. And the reason I'm saying 2wd is just because there are way less variables to go wrong and a lot less moving parts. The traxxas is good for going out in the back yard and bashing and beating the crap out of it. The team associated is also good for that, but is really good on a track also. I've had 2 sc10s now and I have beat the living hell out of then and they just keep on going. The only way I broke it wad running into a brick wall wide open. (got spun out) haha. its all in what you want to do with the truck though

I'm hoping to build a small RC course in my backyard next year.

These pics are from the track at Reagan Park in Medina.

RC003.JPG

RC001.JPG

Anyone got a spare used truck for sale? I have been thinking about this alot lately

my brother has a truck he would probly sell. its a team associated 2wd sc10. he just never runs it anymore. If youre anywhere close to Strasburg, theres a hobby shop there called Magic Hobbies, he has a lot of used trucks that me and my buddies and also other people have traded in or sold to him. the guy is awesome, willing to work with ya on just about anything.

my brother has a truck he would probly sell. its a team associated 2wd sc10. he just never runs it anymore. If youre anywhere close to Strasburg, theres a hobby shop there called Magic Hobbies, he has a lot of used trucks that me and my buddies and also other people have traded in or sold to him. the guy is awesome, willing to work with ya on just about anything.
let me know about your bros truck

yea that place is pretty cool! i raced there once last summer. you still running your truck much pit?

I didn't run it much this year, seemed like it just kept raining every time I was going to take it to the Reagan track. I'm hoping to build a small RC track in my back yard next year.

I didn't run it much this year, seemed like it just kept raining every time I was going to take it to the Reagan track. I'm hoping to build a small RC track in my back yard next year.

ill come race you :) need to make it out to medina next year

i swear the only time i get the urge to tinker with these things is over the winter

alright ill ask him about it and either send you a pm or just put it on here.

but i still need to know, if we put in a track here in New Phila, would you guys want to come and support it?
Thats a good hike for me but i could probably come up twice a year or so

nice Jeremy! thats a good truck for you.it can definitely take a beating.

the whole thing of opening a track fell through. a new one opened a half hour from us so its just not really sensible for us to make one.

still racing though! did a national in columbus about 2 weeks ago. It was called the CRCRC Winter Midwest Championships. Went awesome. I ran Pro 4(4x4 short course) and electric 1/8 scale buggy. qualified 3rd in Pro 4 and 5th in E-Buggy. After the A mains, ended up 4th overall in Pro 4 and 5th overall in E-buggy. Really pumped with both top 5's.

New track is going in in Uniontown on Cleveland Avenue. (close to Kames.) stuff is starting this weekend. Practice tomorrow, practice friday night, practice and maybe a race on Saturday, and then a race on Sunday. Go check it out! should be awesome.

nice Jeremy! thats a good truck for you.it can definitely take a beating.

the whole thing of opening a track fell through. a new one opened a half hour from us so its just not really sensible for us to make one.

still racing though! did a national in columbus about 2 weeks ago. It was called the CRCRC Winter Midwest Championships. Went awesome. I ran Pro 4(4x4 short course) and electric 1/8 scale buggy. qualified 3rd in Pro 4 and 5th in E-Buggy. After the A mains, ended up 4th overall in Pro 4 and 5th overall in E-buggy. Really pumped with both top 5's.

New track is going in in Uniontown on Cleveland Avenue. (close to Kames.) stuff is starting this weekend. Practice tomorrow, practice friday night, practice and maybe a race on Saturday, and then a race on Sunday. Go check it out! should be awesome.

Thats cool good job on the racing Joe. I pretty much bought the truck right after talking to Jake at Brews for Rupert's party. He was telling about how you were doing a bunch of racing. I haven't really taken it anywhere yet. Probably going to EN for the first few times since its like 45 minutes away. I will try to check out the uniontow track, thats right by where my wifes parents live, maybe we could head up to see them, and run the truck too. More than likely we will have an outdoor RC track this summer at my place, we'll have to see.

Thats cool good job on the racing Joe. I pretty much bought the truck right after talking to Jake at Brews for Rupert's party. He was telling about how you were doing a bunch of racing. I haven't really taken it anywhere yet. Probably going to EN for the first few times since its like 45 minutes away. I will try to check out the uniontow track, thats right by where my wifes parents live, maybe we could head up to see them, and run the truck too. More than likely we will have an outdoor RC track this summer at my place, we'll have to see.

Check out CRCRC too. Ive gone there the most out of any of them. Its in Hilliard. Really cool place. (crcrc.com) EN is pretty cool, relatively little track but it pretty low key so itd be a good place to start. Then theres also the Ohio RC Factory in Jeffersonville. Also one more thing, before you go to an indoor track, make sure you get different tires. It makes a WORLD of difference. For your truck, I would go with Pro-line Suburbs for both front and rear in the MC compound (clay compound). Really good tire for pretty much all indoors. the stock tires that come with losi's arent even close to being good for indoor, but theyre awesome for loose dirt on an outdoor.

And i saw that truck is a rolling chassis, what electronics did you put in it?

An outdoor track would be absolutely awesome at your place. I would definitely be there all the time.

I would like to start r c cars night at big horn indoor but don't no if it would take off

is it just a regular indoor mx track? if so, the only thing about running rc cars is that you have to have a high vantage point for the people to stand on. but that wouldnt be that hard i wouldnt think. I'd say go for it.

Back