RC Cars! New Philadelphia, OH

Check out CRCRC too. Ive gone there the most out of any of them. Its in Hilliard. Really cool place. (crcrc.com) EN is pretty cool, relatively little track but it pretty low key so itd be a good place to start. Then theres also the Ohio RC Factory in Jeffersonville. Also one more thing, before you go to an indoor track, make sure you get different tires. It makes a WORLD of difference. For your truck, I would go with Pro-line Suburbs for both front and rear in the MC compound (clay compound). Really good tire for pretty much all indoors. the stock tires that come with losi's arent even close to being good for indoor, but theyre awesome for loose dirt on an outdoor.

And i saw that truck is a rolling chassis, what electronics did you put in it?

An outdoor track would be absolutely awesome at your place. I would definitely be there all the time.

Thanks for the tire info. I got a Futuaba radio , and Castle SCT combo.

Thanks for the tire info. I got a Futuaba radio , and Castle SCT combo.

Cool. That'll be perfect for you. and with the tires, dont even mess trying to unmount and remount tires. just get new rims. it makes it a lot simpler for how cheap they are. and i take it that you have a hobby shop close to you? if not, losipartshouse.com has really good deals. usually better than in a hobby shop. part number for the tires on that site is PRO117102. those are M3 compound, same difference as the clay compound. the clay ones are out of stock. then the wheels LOSB7016. and actual tire glue is important. regular CA glue works but comes undone quicker. but you should be good to go with those.

Looks like a new indoor track just opened up in Uniontown, OH. They have a facebook page that I can't access right now otherwise I'd post the link!

Looks like a new indoor track just opened up in Uniontown, OH. They have a facebook page that I can't access right now otherwise I'd post the link!

yea they just opened a couple weeks ago. its pretty cool. its actually pretty loose dirt instead hard packed clay. it changes up the tire game completely. Been there 3 times now, its a good time.

Which do you like better Joe, loose or hardpacked? So far, the hardpacked seem challenging, but I havent heeded your advice yet either. Still running stock tires. I know, I know. Seems a little slick, and its easy to get the rear loose under power. I think my truck would work much better on a loose track, could be wrong.

Which do you like better Joe, loose or hardpacked? So far, the hardpacked seem challenging, but I havent heeded your advice yet either. Still running stock tires. I know, I know. Seems a little slick, and its easy to get the rear loose under power. I think my truck would work much better on a loose track, could be wrong.

youre completely right. youre truck would work a lot better on a loose track with tires. personally, i like both hard packed and loose the same. i have a blast on both. but still, the first thing you need to get before you go back to a hard packed track is those tires. it will be a completely different truck.

with the stock tires you have to think about how much rubber is actually getting to the ground. just the top of the pins. when you get the suburbs, or any other indoor type tire, the tread is very low. which increases the contact patch, in turn, wayyyy more grip. before you even go back to the track, get a new set of wheels and tires. im tellin ya. haha

there's a big series race at crcrc this saturday that im going to. its at the franklin county fairgrounds in hilliard. Definitely would be a good thing to go to to learn about everything.

I have been hitting EN every friday for practice. I will get the tires and try it Friday. What time does everything happen at crcrc? Do they have an sct novice class?

I have been hitting EN every friday for practice. I will get the tires and try it Friday. What time does everything happen at crcrc? Do they have an sct novice class?

The doors open at 8, racing starts at i would say 1130. I dont think there is a novice class, you would just run 2wd mod sct. then they split it up into heats and you end up with guys that are the same speed as you. its really cool. and also at these races, there is usually a couple of the Team Losi drivers and usually a Team Associated guy. Really cool to watch.

heres a video of the layout for the race

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=twoaNZaWG4Q&feature=player_embedded

Well went racing last Saturday for the first time. Ran Novice and Sportsman. TQ Sportsman by over a lap, got ganged up on by the squirells in the main, finished 2nd, after catching the leader 2-3 times to get taking out again and again. Sportman was way more fun, much cleaner racing. Got 3rd there. Not too shabby for a greenhorn.

I used to do alot of rc racing years ago, i loved it but started getting into rc planes lately, looking to buy another nitro rc just cant figure out if i want a buggy, sct, monster truck or stadium truck... either way its gotta be a losi or associated. no traxxas for me :)

Electric SCT is widely popular right, or least that is what seems popular. Im fairly certain I will be building an RC track. Im really getting into it.

Hey guys, just wanted to let you know that since Travis Bair #118 got out of racing we turned to RC cars for excitment too! Have a practice track set up here (close to Malvern racetrack) for rent along with Traxxas cars and Monster trucks for rent. We also have a 'portable' enclosed track available by the hour or day for special events or parties. We've taken it to venues like 330 and Magnolia drag strip. Check out the website at Backtracksrc.com and give us a call 330 3090500. George, this is perfect for your brother. The enclosed track is easier for beginner cause they don't jump the track and flip over. The young ones rail the outside edge till the learn!! Any track owner out there that wants a little extra entertainment for the weekends, call us.

2nd in Sprtosman SCT out of 7-8 in main tonight, got smoked in Mod, like 5th out of 7. Got a long way to go to get to the front of the SCT Mods.

2nd in Sprtosman SCT out of 7-8 in main tonight, got smoked in Mod, like 5th out of 7. Got a long way to go to get to the front of the SCT Mods.

youll get it. just keep on running and having fun. its all in practice just like anything else. have you been going to EN? if so, hows the mod 2wd buggy turnout? and also 4x4 sct/ 1/8 scale turnout?

Im not as up to date with racing today as 15 years ago but even back then people had insane money into the mod cars.. we used to race indoor carpet also. guys had laptops to program everything even back then.

Im not as up to date with racing today as 15 years ago but even back then people had insane money into the mod cars.. we used to race indoor carpet also. guys had laptops to program everything even back then.

yea its the same now. i run all tekin motors/speed controls and you can plug them in to a laptop and change everything in them

youll get it. just keep on running and having fun. its all in practice just like anything else. have you been going to EN? if so, hows the mod 2wd buggy turnout? and also 4x4 sct/ 1/8 scale turnout?

I have just been to EN, I know I need to get over to CRCRC. 1/8th scale, I havent seen an 1/8th scale there yet. 4x4 SCT is usually small, like 3-5. 2wd mod buggy varies. Usually 2wd SCT Mod has at least 10 signup then 2-3 drop off before the main. The buggy mod either have a full 10 car heat, or 2 heats of 6-7 each. At the first race a couple weeks ago Curtis May was there, and he got beat by this other guy. That "other guy" won again this past Saturday, he is pretty quick as locals go. Another guy named Trophy rounds out the top three from what I hear. My buddy shannon, rides C track, is usually toward the front of 2wd SCT Mod.

They changed the track, its got more doubles, but it is definitely tighter, feels more narrow, its much harder to race. You gotta have your pass setup and nail it, or you'll be in the pipe. I like the change up, its more of a driver track, more technical with the tight twisty stuff.

BTW, just got a Tekin Rs and 17.5 to run sportsman, and it kicks arse.

Picture 022.jpgPicture 023.jpgPicture 024.jpg

Here are some photos of my Associated SC8E. This is one BAD truck. Never offically raced it but it is a blast running around the local ball fields and a few of the home made tracks in the area.

Back