MX Simulator

TwentyThreeMX

PR Founding Father
yeah thats good for just starting out for sure. im at a best time of 57 right now.. single player though. servers been real crowded.im going to set up a server that me you and joe can get on and screw around without 30 other ppl lol... txt me later when you want to play ill get you the IP for the server. 440 840 5238

barrington314

PR Elite
yeah thats good for just starting out for sure. im at a best time of 57 right now.. single player though. servers been real crowded.im going to set up a server that me you and joe can get on and screw around without 30 other ppl lol... txt me later when you want to play ill get you the IP for the server. 440 840 5238

i played on that other server thats posted and it didnt record my time. ran a 1:08. wth

TwentyThreeMX

PR Founding Father
you have to run the old snapshot from dec. if you wnat to join it.. grab that and if we get on there later ill pm you the address.. ill be on there around 10:30

barrington314

PR Elite
i would have ate it hard about 4 different times right here.
<iframe width="420" height="315" src="http://www.youtube.com/embed/tvuGkdD5vuw" frameborder="0" allowfullscreen></iframe>

barrington314

PR Elite
wow
<iframe width="560" height="315" src="http://www.youtube.com/embed/zNb4GiDVCHw" frameborder="0" allowfullscreen></iframe>

Bill480

PR Addict
So I decided to give the demo another shot after all this talk about MXS. IDK if my setup is messed up or not... I use an xbox 360 controller. Whenever I move the joystick right.. to turn right.. the rider leans right but turns the bars to the left. Makes turning very difficult.

After that I decided to try turning arcade physics off... that was a mistake. Guy just falls over constantly. What am I doing wrong??

SCHAFFERNOCKER

PR Addict
practice.

been playing for over a year now, it had taken me the first few months to get the hang of it...Now I can hold my own if I get a good race going.

keep arcade physics off, Yes it will seem extremely sensitive but you will get a feel for it.

Focus on just getting the rythm of things, find a few nice, but not tricky tracks, like Redbud 2010 or Fort Winton Sand MX. Learn how to put the rider in the corner where you want him, get a feel for air control. Practice riding around a little oval you made in a straightaway like you would in your own backyard.

Just have to remember this is a simulator, so its not a very kid-friendly game. No gas and turn. Its based on leaning and throttle control.
Use your triggers or analogs for brakes and gas. As you can apply pressure and its not just ON/OFF.

And turn off sticky sitdab, use a trigger for this feature. It will allow you to sitdab/seatbounce quickly or once again you can apply pressure, its just not Fully seated or Fully standing.

I would recommend not trying to get tricky with your settings, as this will cause you more problems if you already not an advanced player.

Set your stability to 20, and rock and roll.

barrington314

PR Elite
So I decided to give the demo another shot after all this talk about MXS. IDK if my setup is messed up or not... I use an xbox 360 controller. Whenever I move the joystick right.. to turn right.. the rider leans right but turns the bars to the left. Makes turning very difficult.

After that I decided to try turning arcade physics off... that was a mistake. Guy just falls over constantly. What am I doing wrong??

lol. i was there once. nothing you can really do but practice. make sure your stability is all the way up for now. and youll slowly want to decrease it as you get better.

Bornhorst751

PR Member
i was so mad i didnt make the main last week. SO close in the heat race. then i was leading the lcq and got absolutely screwed by lappers. i was sooo over that game for a few days after that haha

epik

PR Member
I was mad last week to. I did not post the greatest time to the server but I was running high 56's consistently for several laps in a row offline and felt pretty good about the track. Come race time I realized I typed my UID in wrong at sign up and didn't get in. The track this week is a little weird for me, struggling a little bit but have had the chance to run it much, at a 51.5 offline at the moment.

TwentyThreeMX

PR Founding Father
damn 51 is pretty legit lol. I'm at 57.1 i think, online. The track this week is pretty weird for sure..

My biggest problem I can't seem to get around is getting over the big jumps out of corners. Every rhtyhm I always struggle getting them on the 250. I know some of them are tough but some guys nail them every lap and I am lucky to get it 1/10 tries.

If I could do every section as fast as I do half the time, but put it all together, I'd be right up near the top.

SCHAFFERNOCKER

PR Addict
did one moto last night on the new track. Posted a 1:00 flat.

Any intrest from you guys on Pitracer putting together a little MXS group?

Not talking all die-hard, where you have to do races and finish good, just like a OHMXS group

I could put together some skins and what not... let me know what yall think?

TwentyThreeMX

PR Founding Father
I thought about that but I know joe and david are already on dxb... so they prob wouldnt care to. I'm down though. Long as we can ride KTM'S :D haha actually dont care. maybe thats why i cant get jumps outta corners cuz im riding the ktm 250f..maybe i should switch to the yamaha lol

I'm sure stephan would be in for it. I was thinking pitracer skins would be sweet. Talk nice to david or epik.. maybe they would help out with that haha.

barrington314

PR Elite
id be down for it. it might be just in my head, but i feel like i do better on the hondas. lol. havent tried the ktm or yamaha yet tho.

TwentyThreeMX

PR Founding Father
the bikes are the same except the power is different.. from what im told though the power being different will make the bikes feel/handle a little bit different then.

Bornhorst751

PR Member
im down to race with all of you guys, which i already do, lol, but i think im gonna stick with the dxb tag and skin.

got a 51.0 so far this week. looking for a low 50 sec lap

SCHAFFERNOCKER

PR Addict
im not thinking so much as a team, but more of a group. Metal Mulisha for instance, they all have thier own thing but still represent as a whole through the MM.

Say something like a custom OHMXS helmet that we could all wear, that way everyone can ride their own skin/bike set-ups.

let me know i could work on something over the weekend.

joe- dxb is a legend in mxs, a true OG in the game. be proud to represent that tag.