round 6. san diego

did everyone else know that stewart was going to be on the ground before they even showed it by the roar of the crowd?

and why not hate on dungey for taking weimer out, but when james did it..........

I've been an off and on Reed fan for years but I got to give that guy some major credit...he was relentless and consistently blasted those whoops better than anyone...seemed like he let RV pass him a little too easy but either way the guy was on it...as far as Dungey he knew it wasn't his night and played the consistency gig that he knows so well....kinda bummed about Stewart too...i was HOPING he might be back and create one hell of a season down to the wire championship race but not so sure now...

did everyone else know that stewart was going to be on the ground before they even showed it by the roar of the crowd?

and why not hate on dungey for taking weimer out, but when james did it..........

Oh my god, that is the easyest question ever!!! Simple answer, people like Dungey and they dont like Stewart.

Did anyone pay attention to the live timing and watch the race on TV at the same time? There was a 10 minute delay between the two.

Yea they gotta have time to edit out the f bombs.

Anyway, dungey rode him high. He didn't t bone wiemer. That's racing. Just like when Stewart passed him. Wiemer is hard to pass. It ha to be done in a corner. Dungey was taking advantage of an opportune moment.

And I hate....
short people. :)

Wiemer got exactly what he gave Sipes . I thought both were aggressive passes but were not dirty or intentional take-outs . I'm concerned with the number of serious injuries in SX this season and am glad there weren't any at this race with all the get offs . These are the best racers in the world and some of the best of all time , so when guys like super smooth , consistant Kdub , Musquin , Rattray , etc, are eating it I think maybe some changes for better safety should at least be considered . The speeds are so high and timing is ultra critical . These guys should be challenged but if they keep dropping like prom dresses , careers will be cut short . I like the sand sections that were added to some of the tracks this season . Remember when SX had water holes and even went up through the stands and outside the stadiums to come back in for a big drop away jump ? I loved those features and think they were great equalizers without beig too dangerous . It just seems to me that the riders used to race each other and now are riding to survive monster obstacles . It is exciting to watch for sure . Every step I take for the rest of my life will be painful due to racing injuries and almost everyone who has stayed with this sport for extended lengths of time has their share of aches , pains , and battle scars . I just don't want to see these exceptional young athletes needlessly crippled for my entertainment . Sorry for the mini rant , it's just my opinion .

I like hearing that Weimer is going to step up his aggressiveness. Great race! Exciting for sure!

Wiemer got exactly what he gave Sipes . I thought both were aggressive passes but were not dirty or intentional take-outs . I'm concerned with the number of serious injuries in SX this season and am glad there weren't any at this race with all the get offs . These are the best racers in the world and some of the best of all time , so when guys like super smooth , consistant Kdub , Musquin , Rattray , etc, are eating it I think maybe some changes for better safety should at least be considered . The speeds are so high and timing is ultra critical . These guys should be challenged but if they keep dropping like prom dresses , careers will be cut short . I like the sand sections that were added to some of the tracks this season . Remember when SX had water holes and even went up through the stands and outside the stadiums to come back in for a big drop away jump ? I loved those features and think they were great equalizers without beig too dangerous . It just seems to me that the riders used to race each other and now are riding to survive monster obstacles . It is exciting to watch for sure . Every step I take for the rest of my life will be painful due to racing injuries and almost everyone who has stayed with this sport for extended lengths of time has their share of aches , pains , and battle scars . I just don't want to see these exceptional young athletes needlessly crippled for my entertainment . Sorry for the mini rant , it's just my opinion .
couldn't agree with you more, well said sir

First I hope Short is ok plus who was the guy they red flagged for? Dungey made a good pass. But now he has to watch for weimer. Bubba no surprise on the ground, but those whoops were tough... just so long.
Erin may have the producers in her ear, but she is the cliche machine and does ask stupid questions. He shouldn't have even responded to her. Fro basically said shut up to ralph with the "glass half full" thing.
one question tho, did reed feel like RV was being dirty for taking him high on the pass for the lead? He made some comment about how "that guy" in the podium interview. Is there bad blood with them? I was expecting a different reaction from him.
now did anyone else feel like reed got him because of lappers? Seemed to me like rv got him back and pulled a gap quickly. Tho ralph and fro sounded like reed found the speed? Just curious...

RV has made super tight corner passes for the lead all year. Everyone should know he's like a cobra in striking distance when hes within 4 bike lengths of your back tire with a 180 degree turn coming up.

I dont think these corner passes are dirty. The class is so stacked its like the last option that remains for the pass effort. The crazy part about Reed catching because of Lappers, is the fact that Alessi blatantly disobeyed the blue fag 3 times and held up Reed. So I think Reed had the speed (of course he does at San Diego, always does) I just wonder if he can continue to find it the rest of the season.

Yeah, being a Reed fan, I didn't care for the comment about the pass either. Reed left the door open, and RV made the most of the opportunity. Not dirty though. At least he didn't knock him off the track.

Yeah reed left door wide open like a idiot. I think Rees needs to be more aggressive I don't know what he is waiting for

Stewart royally possed me off this weekend with that crash. He claims he was happy with bike set up but I looked to me alessi had him covered in the heat and Stewart was really not doing much in the main. Then he crashes. No way he is getting the title now

I did not feel that Reed in any way was dissing on RV. I thought Reeds interview was pretty good. Seems to be humble and ok with his speed and will take opportunites when they come. I think he knows he is the most consistent over the years, and with alot more racing to go, perhaps RV might hit the ground. He has had some big get offs in SX in the past.

Reed left the door open last year in a last lap pass....Was it with RV? I remember RV slinging the inside and taking the win....or no maybe it was Canard who passed Reed on the inside...

Reed needs to slam doors and get physical when he's winning. At that level, they have to bump n grind eachother around and muscle for the win. They're all too fast not to.

<iframe width="640" height="480" src="http://www.youtube.com/embed/ZcgF7sg1bWE" frameborder="0" allowfullscreen=""></iframe>

I can't find the other one I was talking about. But this video is another instance of leaving too much room open.

Reed seems to have plenty of aggression when he races JS. One of the few who don't move over for him in the past.
As for the interview it was just the statement he made about "that guy". I'm a Reed fan really and I just like different parts of all them lol... ok will say at the risk of getting hammered by 615 I am not a fan of Bubba or Dungey tho I have liked bubba more lately then the past. I like em all when they are battling up front and keep me on the edge of my seat...

615.......I think Sharc must have sent his "enforcers" to take care of 615.....has has gone MIA.

Back