Round 7. Dallas Supercross

It seems to be do or die time for Stewart, so I think he might pull one out here.

In the spirit of keeping things interesting, I hope JS keeps it on two wheels for the win. If he doesn't, JGR might not be in the hunt for a SX championship in 2012.

Oh, if Stewart can't pull it off...I'm now a Reed fan so I'd be pulling for him to get it done if JS can't.

what scares me is that JS needs to win. which means now he really has to ride on that edge that he cant seem to handle right now.

0b9d0cca58fe11e1abb01231381b65e3_7.jpg

My 2 pennies is this track looks to have some flow, stewy likes flow and does well when he gets it. I think this is his week. Here is my prediction although I have a track record at sucking it up in Mx fantasy.

1 Stewart
2 Poto
3 Reedy
4 Dungy
5 Weimer
6 K-Dub

i think dungy will shine here over the rest. i think this track may give poto some trouble. and you just might see a guy like brayton crack a podium on a track like this. short sections, almost arenacross ish.

nothing has to happen to them except them not win and stewart win... 25points for wins X 11 races left + 101 points currently = 376
villopoto 22points for 2nd X 11 races + 133 = 375
if my calculations are correct.
:D

but that means stewey has to stay up for 11 races... does anyone REALLY think thats gonna happen? lol

With the confidence RV is riding with now I don't know that anything they can throw at him will give him too much trouble . It all depends on what kind of start he gets . Seems to me like it is about time for a Reed/Stewart collision too . I hope Dungey shows a little more aggression like last week .
OK , here is my scenario : Alessi gets the holeshot , followed closely by Weimer , Reed , Stewart , Brayton , and Dungey . RV tangles with Stoupe in the first turn and starts next to last while Stroupe limps back to the pits . Weimer puts a " no more mister nice guy " pass on Alessi who of course fades each lap . Reed and Stewart work their way past Weimer after a few laps and Jake eventually falls on his own to finish 18th . Dungey follows Brayton like a puppy for 10 laps before finally getting around . Meanwhile RV has been steadily slicing and dicing through the pack . Stewy makes a questionable move on Reed on lap15 . Lap 16 , Reed tangles with him and takes them both down . Dungey inherits the lead . By lap 18 , RV has worked his way past Millsaps , Metcalf , Kdub , and Brayton and sets his sights on RD who has all but checked out . Dungey takes the checkers with Poto a mere turn and a half behind . Brayton follows across a distant 3rd . There you have it . Exactly how it's gonna happen . ..... Or Villapoto or Stewart will hand everybody's a$$ to them .

V-Po is so aggressive and confident that I think it will be hard for anyone to beat him heads up. Dungey just doesn't have the killer instinct or suspension these days.

V-PO
JS7
Reed
Dun-Man
Weimer

I won't say there is no way bubba can win the title but I highly doubt it. I would have more fair in him but to me it does not look like he is able to ride as his speed comfy on that bike. He looks slower than last year to me

Lapped traffic could be a factor I think in this one. Could make things even more interesting towards the end.

Man, I thought mine was big. The big screen of course. That would have to be a sweet place to watch a race! Oh well, I will settle with my garage set-up, pre race festivities have begun. Nascar at 6 (not a fan but I do want to see Danica) drag qualifying at 8, supercross 8:30! I may need more beverages.

<iframe src="http://www.youtube.com/embed/TUOpNL8Y7jA" allowfullscreen="" frameborder="0" height="480" width="853"></iframe>
<iframe width="853" height="480" src="http://www.youtube.com/embed/0qss6c5zJxk" frameborder="0" allowfullscreen></iframe>

Back