Renegade Fuel Distributor coming to Ohio

True. As racing fuel burns more complete because it burns cooler.

Most of our bikes call for 96 - 98 octane fuel. A 50/50 mix is usually the best way to get there. And for those of us that have higher compression pistons ( half pint ! ) or advanced timing, you can take full advantage !

I too run race gas in my two strokes. I have had pump gas ping on me to many times in my newer two strokes. I have 3 gas stations that sell 110 octane within 5 miles of me, so i usually mix at least 1 gallon 110 to 4 gallons 93 for around 96 octane. If this renegade company sells their fuel at a comparable price to what it sells for at the pump, usually 6 dollars or so, i could see me picking up a metal can of it now and then for convenience of mixing at home.

That's usually what I do. I still can't see running straight race gas unless you got a Eric gorr motor or some high performance engine. Pump usually isn't enough, I try to buy 94 with octane boost. (this is probably the wrong route, or I mix 1 110 gallon to 4 gallon 94.)

For those of you who dont know, The higher octane you run that you dont need the more power you are losing. the objective is to use the lowest octane without getting detonation. so if your running stock compression you are more then likely wasting your money and power.

I would always get a good laugh at bike nights at QSnL. People would be up there bragging about how they filled up with race gas today and how much faster their bike is because of it. They could never wrap their heads around the fact that they probably just made it slower.

BUT BUT BUT.. the octane is higher!! More hP!

There's a difference between the high octane and the oxygenated fuel. 110 makes my FI 450 pop and sputter like mad but is needed in the 144.

I just finished reading all of these comments and no one has covered the reason ALL motorcycles should be running race fuel. ETHANOL!! Corn kills! Octane isn't the factor for most of us on here. Corn free 94 race gas will up the performance in every non-motor modified 4-stroke out there. For the 2-stroke 97 NO-Corn should work fine, but some may still feel the need to be over 100. And for you 50/50 pump, race fuel mixers, save your money. You are still adding corn to your motor.

The marathons in stark county are " not adding" ethanol at this point. True or not I can not say. Even so the 50/50 still reduces the corn !

For those of you who dont know, The higher octane you run that you dont need the more power you are losing. the objective is to use the lowest octane without getting detonation. so if your running stock compression you are more then likely wasting your money and power.

Bingo as most people think the higher number make for power but the opposite is true.

I ran 87 in my 2003 KTM 525 quite a few times & the bike seemed to run better gthan on 94 and did not ping at all.

The higher the octane the slower the burn starts so too much does make less power.

I run either Shell 93 or Sunoco 94 in the 2 smokers & never had any issues.

Have to imagine the main benefit of Race Gas is being a better pure grade of fuel & without all the additives the autos need.

My old Huskys that LOVE the race gas blend have around 12:1 compression . What is the compression ratio of the newer 2-strokes and 4-strokes ?

Most 4 strokes are 12.5:1 or 13:1 right out of the crate.

I run race gas in everything. 450, pit bike, sometimes in my lawn mower. I'll never go back.

I run 93 or 94 Octane pump gas.....no issues and runs fine. Probably most of you guys are wasting your money.

So, because your bike runs fine on pump gas, other riders are wasting their money. Maybe their bikes run better with race gas in them.

I run 93 or 94 Octane pump gas.....no issues and runs fine. Probably most of you guys are wasting your money.

I noticed my 2 stroke doesnt like 93 alone. Makes this wierd knocking/grindy like noise. When I mix with 110 or bring it up to about 98 with boost that knock/grind goes away. Oh well. Maybe if this renegade stuff is reasonably priced 7-9/gal I'll pick up a 55 gal drum of it.

My 250 will ping if i dont run around 100 octane...my 125 not so much... but got to run race in the new 134motor...

yep, i have always ran pump fuel..sometimes mixed with a little 110 for my built 2 strokes. higher octane will not make your throttle response better, higher octane ignites slower... its all in your head.

I have never ran vp so im not sure of the advantages.

Back