Tracks of Yester-Year

PitRacer

PR Founding Father
Let's see if some people can guess the names of some of these Ohio tracks that have gone by the wayside....

Track #1
P1010021.JPG

Track #2
P0001096a.JPG

Track #3
P1010005.JPG

#1 i know i have been there, but it has been some years and i cant recall the name.

#2 cant guess that one

#3 and thats broken spokes, me and my dad used to be there just about every weekend, first open practice i had ever been too when i was 14 on my 1998 kx100

You can still see Track #2 on your way to Red Bud..... they just don't ride there anymore. Think Toledo Airport exit........... and you'll get it.

And Track #1 was right off of I-77 just South of New Philadelphia exit......... had a barn with Name of a raceway on it for years, circle track place! You can get that one too....... then.

Seems that there are plenty of Track #3 for sure posts already!

#1 got to be Mathias raceway ! After thinking about it and robins clue it hit me ! I raced hare scrambles there for years but never moto.

anyone got any pics of beechwood trails
that was the best of the best around here.
its a shame in the middle of huckleberry ville people could ***** to close such a place.

what about kentworthys, my favorite. i sure do miss that track! number 1 isnt canal fulton, i sure do remember canal, there harescrambles, and there motocross, remember the rubberband start there. man i sure do miss those days!

You can still see Track #2 on your way to Red Bud..... they just don't ride there anymore. Think Toledo Airport exit........... and you'll get it.

And Track #1 was right off of I-77 just South of New Philadelphia exit......... had a barn with Name of a raceway on it for years, circle track place! You can get that one too....... then.

Seems that there are plenty of Track #3 for sure posts already!

Track 2 looks like it still gets ridden... always no grass on it.

Here is Grand Prix Start …..Mini class.
Dave Hand, Mitch Boehm, Chuck Emery, Kenny Karnow, Bobby Sinclar, Ricky Guvanetty, Jim Berchey
And I think Gibson is in there as well.
I’m going with 1974 or 1975?
Mitch Oldies_0007.jpg

yes, crash and burn was the name. men like harold robinson, phil mattie, john resien, tim and terry hollinger, just some that were there in the 70's early 80's

Spokes was awesome....bob at spokes even more awesome...I remember he went crazy when I would ride up the hills on the side of the track..I would make my own path...and if u went up the road and went right instead of left there was a hill that was a straight up wall....sping valley awesome locon.sick sand..country hills..lady there was so damn funny,Indian mound sick sand,scenic to windy,330 awesome,outlaw sick dirt,shecks nice little ride spot with different kinds do terrain,zero gravity was crazy sand,Man we had good!

Back