Tracks of Yester-Year

On #3 that everyone is having so much trouble with....... think State Championship race that pitted D 11 VS D 12!

Anyone know if this is true about Broken Spokes? If so i understand Bob was over it and done but wow thats really a shame and waste of a great time.

I bought one of the tanks from Bob, which was spring of 2008. It may have been 2-3 weeks after he announced that he was closing. When I got there, he already had most of the track gone by then. He leveled with the john deere and a blade. I was impressed. Said he had planned to build a house there to live out his years.

Yup! Rocket is correct. #3 is Drew Wolf's old GP track on Linscott Farms out past Athens. One of the best tracks that Ohio has ever seen if you ask me!! Was just talking to Drew about that track the other day over some lunch. That track and Lake Sugar Tree in Axton VA are 2 of my all time favorites!

Hey Rocket, you remember Chad Walker and Kevin Hildebrand that you used to battle with back i the day in the Vet B classes? Just talked to both of them other day out of the blue. Both are doing well but not riding any more. Those were good days of racing back then!!

#3 was the only one I ever rode. But did not even hit me what track it was until Blair said so.

Yup! Rocket is correct. #3 is Drew Wolf's old GP track on Linscott Farms out past Athens. One of the best tracks that Ohio has ever seen if you ask me!! Was just talking to Drew about that track the other day over some lunch. That track and Lake Sugar Tree in Axton VA are 2 of my all time favorites!

Hey Rocket, you remember Chad Walker and Kevin Hildebrand that you used to battle with back i the day in the Vet B classes? Just talked to both of them other day out of the blue. Both are doing well but not riding any more. Those were good days of racing back then!!

Yes, I remember both Chad and Kevin and those were great racing days back then! I still speak to Kevin occasionally as he and I became friends at a regional and kept in touch over the years. He kept his pulse on the racing with Justin Weeks as he was close with their family until Justin had his accident. Kevin's kids were only so so into the MX stuff and started dragging Kevin away with stick and ball sports and just kind of faded out of it after a few years............ bummer as I missed racing him when we would see each other here and there.

And I'm glad that you could verify the #3 track that so many people had trouble with on this go round. I can look at all those pics and instantly tell you what track it is if I've ever been there........... I have a photogenic memory, LOL, if you show me a picture of it, I can remember it! Wish I had a photographic memory!

Are you hitting up the Loretta Lynn's racing this year? I plan on coming through Red Bud and heading down again if all goes well.

Looks like we have them all.

1. Lo-Conn
2. Beechwood
3. Action Sports GP
4. Original Crow Canyon before they moved the track up front

That picture from Action Sports was at the Ohio State Championship and was the only time I was ever there. It was pretty cool. I was racing a YZ250 at the time but when we got there my water pump seal out of the blue started leaking so bad (junk YZ's....haha) that I couldn't race it. As usual Rocket had a fleet of KTMs with him and I borrowed one to race the motos. I think if I remember right I was racing Willy Browning in the B class....I think I actually beat him because he was in a first turn crash!

yeah i think i am going to make a run at Lorettas again this year. Haven't started a bike in about 4 months but i am leaving tomorrow to go down and ride at Daytona for the SX. Riding Pax on Friday then Racing Sun and Mon. Not sure if i am doing Red Bud or not. Some of my buddies want to go up and do the IL one so i may go there just to ride a different track.

When i talked to Kevin a few weeks ago he said the kids were all doing stick and ball stuff and pretty good baseball players! I do miss those days of racing though.

Pit that was a pretty fast B class back then too....Had Willy B, Gavin G, and Nathan Skaggs too.

Mike,

I never ride in the winter months, but going right into the Daytona SX is some pretty steep warm up for the season! I usually have to hit the earliest LL Regional based on the annual Family Vacation being later in June, and Red Bud always goes first......... so it's always there for me. Plus it's my favorite track.

I also remember that State Championship race and think I had to make a last lap last ditch effort pass on Pitracer riding one of my bikes after being involved in a early crash! I thought that track was cool with all the off camber stuff.

I'm saddened by this thread, never ridden any of these tracks other than GNCC at Crow and couple Hare Scrambles at Broken Spokes.

I miss Shecks.. last time we stopped in there to look at it we got chased out by the owner. Looked like it was still being ridden

I cant believe not 1 single person has mentioned IMO an epic track called Honda Hills, i loved the place, not just the track, but the whole facility including the folks who owned it. Wish i still had some pics of that place. Outlaw MX has been closed for some yrs now, I liked how rough that was and if it was wet everywhere else, it was still dry there. Or what about Thunder Valley down by Salem or Lisbon i think, that track was sick! Wicked long, and pretty technical really. Like a long outdoor supercross. I do miss that alot too.

Thunder valley was awsome! Didnt they have like a 100 yard whoop section? I used to love goin to Spring valley Saturday mornings then pack up round 2 and hit Thunder valley on the way home. This was also when it was 10 bucks to ride. Man I miss those days!

Yes thunder valley had a 100 yard whoope/rythm section it was awesome!! And open everyday for 10 bucks, couldnt beat it.

Damn 10 bucks....I bet if u opened a okay track like that today...maybe say outlaw...for 10 buck or 15...you would kill it!!!!!!!

A lot of "changed" tracks have changed not for the better. Such a shame with the tracks we all used to frequent. I've been racing since the mid 80's and have seen some many (not as many as some of you guys) tracks come and go. Some went that should have stayed others stayed that should have gone (or changed). I've only ever ridden beechwood just one time. At its last ride (the pitracer party). Few of us loaded up my dads dodge pick-up 3 bikes and gear, and 4 people haha. Drove from NEMX all the way down for that ride. I'd kick myself today had I not made the journey. I need to get my bike back together!!!!!!

Back