Tracks of Yester-Year

This is on my car

1ada5fb9.jpg

This is on my car

1ada5fb9.jpg

That is freakin awesome. Someone shoulda bought that place and did it back up. The entire facility was just awesome, Trails, MX, and Flattrack! With camping hookups and swimming pond. Dang them was the good ole days. Any pics of the track then or even now?

We had a few Honda Hills race pic's posted up in the previous forum version.

Scroll back through the "Archive" down at the bottom right hand of this page and you can still read the previous Honda Hills posts.

There are a lot of HH fans still on here, and a lot of us have pic's before they shut down.

I was just about to post the photo racer-x posted aswell :) ..so awesome

Honda hills

The Sign is still there if you look for it. The track is too. I am sure it would take major work to get that place back up and running. I can only speak for myself. When I started racing in the mid 1980's that was the track to be at. Dick Klamfoth really had put togeter a nice facility. When we ran 125 C Class in 1986 it wasnt that often you would have less than 40 riders most of the time it was closer to 50. We ran qualifiers sometimes there was so many dudes. I learned then how important a good start was!!! I had good ones most of the time. I was #801 on a kx-125 I got my first trophy there 4th of 44!!!! Loyd Zuck and Gary McClain were there in them days, they run the gate at cocr now Loyd remembers me ridng then glad somebody does :) Gary took me there with his son Greg, me and Greg along with John Vanhorn still ride to this day I did take 18 years away that was a mistake!!

My dad Steve Miller's class which is now 40 plus -back in the day it was called Super Senior had over 20 guys most races. My dads number was 54 he raced with Gerry Bennet back in the day dad always lived to pull holeshots and alot of the time he did!!! I saw Gerry Bennet at a fair race riding, Gerry is still fast!!! My dad just recently passed away. Dick came to the funeral I was so happy to see him. I thanked him for coming and also told him how much I enjoyed the track when he had it. My first time out on the track ever was 1983 on a DS-100 Suzuki AT 15 YRS old That facilty was a family friendly place back then that had a little something for everyone. I would take off on my dads cr-500 a few years later and take it up on the flat track that was a blast. The racing in 1985 was wicked. Mark Weaver, Troy Graham, in 125A I dont even think Mark ever used the brakes!!! wicked a class racing most every race Troy ran a 18'' front wheel that was wild to see

My brother James Miller on a 1985 cr 125 in schoolboy class along with John Agin on a Honda, John Van Horn on a yamaha, and John Rinehart on a suzuki. They were as fast as the 125A boys were. (John went on to win district 11 points 500cc in 91 with my dad tuning on his biike)

The hay-day of racing I think was then it wasnt too expensive and everybody helped everybody. The bikes changed radically every year too!! One can only hope that place gets back up and running Its not a jump track but it is a racetrack that all can and did enjoy I think it still could be a sucess im sure of it

-VET RIDER 801

Thanks Dick for all of my good memories!!!!

I actually work in telecom and walked a cell tower site right on HH property prob 2 years ago. You could easily tell it was once a nice spot. it was entirely deserted though. Wonder who owns it and what they are doing with it? It would be so cool I think if it opened up again!

Used to race Honda Hills......so many rocks coming up the start you would hear them pinging off your forks. Guys could ride fast there that could not go fast anywhere else in the district.

Cool old Honda Hills ad I came across, and some more sign pic's still there today.

Attachments

• Honda Hills Today 2.jpg
    Honda Hills Today 2.jpg
    98.8 KB · Views: 1,461
  • Honda Hills Today 1.jpg
    Honda Hills Today 1.jpg
    101.3 KB · Views: 656
  • Honda Hills Mag Cover.jpg
    Honda Hills Mag Cover.jpg
    76 KB · Views: 584
Plenty of places are still like that...

It was kinda like the Malvern of AMA tracks in Ohio, not alot of jumps but fun and wicked fast and great dirt for the area. One would expect to have alot more rock than there actually was. This thread is pretty kick ass! Id love to buy that place just to ride it again lol. But just like scenic, would be ALOT more work than anyone ever expects.

Back